US election 2016

Happy Face

I think that just tells us that Google's priorities are to be in bed with literally whoever they need to be.

...and reiterates the point from Chez that Trump will welcome them with open arms when he ran on a platform of draining the swamp.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and reiterates the point from Chez that Trump will welcome them with open arms when he ran on a platform of draining the swamp.

Well quite. I think we can all agree (Parky?) that Trump is no one's answer to the global political conundrum. He is however a catalyst for change, however unwittingly. The change probably won't even come from him, it'll be from how the displaced establishment responds.

Well quite. I think we can all agree (Parky?) that Trump is no one's answer to the global political conundrum. He is however a catalyst for change, however unwittingly. The change probably won't even come from him, it'll be from how the displaced establishment responds.

Yup.

It's got names. It's got the best names.

:lol:

It will have the best names, beautiful names like you wouldn't believe...It's gonna be the best registry ever...

Bush already tried it post 9/11. People from war zones were required to register iirc.

Edited by Park Life

It's noteworthy that reaction to the Muslim register seems to be much more vocal and drawing more comparisons to Nazi era anti-semitism than the no fly list that grew exponentially under Obama to include...

Seven month olds

http://www.upworthy.com/a-7-month-old-baby-on-the-no-fly-list-yup-but-thats-not-the-most-absurd-thing-about-it

18 month olds

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/12/fbi-has-baby-removed-from-airplane-for-being-on-no-fly-list/

Four year olds

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/10725741/ns/us_news-security/t/-year-old-turns-government-no-fly-list/#.WC3GRLKLSHs

Six year olds

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/04/canada-six-year-old-kid-no-fly-list-air-travel-syed-adam-ahmed

and Cat Stevens

That list passed 80,000 individuals in June 2016, predominantly Muslim of course.  It's dwarfed by the 1.9m people on the "Terorist Watch List" globally.

While all these lists are abhorrent for anyone of principle, Trump's doesn't (as yet) have an immediate infringement on anyone's rights otherwise but has drawn most criticism due to his failure to to couch it in less racist language and his bluntness about how many it will cover.

It's noteworthy that reaction to the Muslim register seems to be much more vocal and drawing more comparisons to Nazi era anti-semitism than the no fly list that grew exponentially under Obama to include...

Seven month olds

http://www.upworthy.com/a-7-month-old-baby-on-the-no-fly-list-yup-but-thats-not-the-most-absurd-thing-about-it

18 month olds

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/12/fbi-has-baby-removed-from-airplane-for-being-on-no-fly-list/

Four year olds

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/10725741/ns/us_news-security/t/-year-old-turns-government-no-fly-list/#.WC3GRLKLSHs

Six year olds

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/04/canada-six-year-old-kid-no-fly-list-air-travel-syed-adam-ahmed

and Cat Stevens

That list passed 80,000 individuals in June 2016, predominantly Muslim of course.  It's dwarfed by the 1.9m people on the "Terorist Watch List" globally.

While all these lists are abhorrent for anyone of principle, Trump's doesn't (as yet) have an immediate infringement on anyone's rights otherwise but has drawn most criticism due to his failure to to couch it in less racist language and his bluntness about how many it will cover.

Interesting research. The language he uses does seem to be much more the focus here though. By following through on Trump's rhetoric, not only do we get a possible infringement of civil liberties, but it also increases Islamophobic sentiments.

Obama's approach arguably achieves something similar while at the same time preventing widespread Islamophobia.

So this registry is of immigrants from Muslim countries? I only ask as it seems a bit overkill, you are already fingerprinted upon entering the US and when I moved here I had my fingerprints taken on 3 different occasions as well as having to provide them with my current address every time I move (within a certain amount of days of doing so), they also have a full medical of me and a lot of other details that I had to give over, so all that stuff must be in some sort of database.

I think people are quite right taking offense if what he is proposing is to then take that information about immigrants that are Muslim and separate it, I don't see what that accomplishes as it can't be any easier for a computer to search/sort whether a computer is searching 1m records or 10m it's not really going to be any slower. 

Milo has been playing a blinder recently it has to be said. The bit about him being a gay jew makes it very difficult for the media to land a hit on him.

Also, he's kind of right isn't he, on this one? You can't just give people the facts, it's all soaked in narratives and agenda from the MSM as much as it is from Brietbart. Look at the Daily Mail. Look at the Guardian. It's never just the facts.

Edited by Rayvin

Also, he's kind of right isn't he, on this one? You can't just give people the facts, it's all soaked in narratives and agenda from the MSM as much as it is from Brietbart. Look at the Daily Mail. Look at the Guardian. It's never just the facts.

He acts like that's some kind of new and revolutionary insight though. As opposed to HOW IT'S LITERALLY ALWAYS BEEN. :lol: Pure teenage bedroom posturing to match his mum-it's-SO-unfair body language.

Milo has been playing a blinder recently it has to be said. The bit about him being a gay jew makes it very difficult for the media to land a hit on him.

i agree with him about the right to offend. he's a hideous creature though, as is his boss. 

you're obsessed with the narrative of the MSM. i'm more concerned about the way young people consume media now. a whole generation will no longer pay for their media consumption. is facebook now a publisher? are individual posters now setting editorial agendas? there is no regulation in this world, which is why we're seeing so much fake news.

a different narrative is being pushed, other vested interests are shaping the way "news" is reported and consumed, without safety nets you find in reputable legacy media companies, like fact checking or verifying a story through two or more sources before publishing etc. it seems the style with which it is delivered is more important now than a story's accuracy. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

He acts like that's some kind of new and revolutionary insight though. As opposed to HOW IT'S LITERALLY ALWAYS BEEN. :lol: Pure teenage bedroom posturing to match his mum-it's-SO-unfair body language.

You'd know innit. ;)

Well, she brought that particular topic up as a point of contention on this occasion but I can see what you're saying. Although at the same time he did mention that it used to be the left doing the sort of disruptive stuff he's doing. I don't remember that personally but I'd love it if we could get back to that.

I actually think in his case, he's just loving the attention. He seems to thrive off it.