US election 2016

Happy Face

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This plus its comment thread are a decent read.

Thanks mate. Good read that, just quickly skimmed it....

"......Both parties have supported free-trade deals because of the net positive GDP gains, overlooking the blue-collar workers who lost work as jobs left for Mexico or Vietnam. These are precisely the voters in the crucial swing states of Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania that Democrats have so long ignored. Excuse me. Who’s stupid?"

Dude needs to liberate his virginity.

:lol: :lol:

There's a bloke on Youtube blaming Bill Burr for Trump's win now man, I'm sure the bloke had no clue who Burr was until his recent stuff had trended. The Oliver thing was canny and he was funny as always but I think the piece Jonathan Pie did on it was more on target, there really wasn't a viable option from the left, people flat out don't like her. I said it earlier but Obama crushed her and he wasn't well known at all, Sanders almost beat her when the DNC had basically just decided she was the candidate and no one else bothered, those should have been stark warning signs but they weren't heeded.

MSM shills go into shock as Trump numbers start coming in...:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4kJ9cpW8v4

If you'd seen the state of the sad sacks on the BBC... Andrew Neil (do him and dear old Arthur Scargill share a barber?..separated at birth?) anchoring with an ashen face, a couple of talking head African American pundits looking glum (Tbf they had just cause for comcern to say the least) but it was the blonde English journo bird who just couldn't believe that Trump had pulled it off, she was fuckin incredulous :lol: think she might write for the telegraph or mail? Quite posh, think I've seen her on HIGNFY and question time.

Ah, right. I stopped reading this thread much in the run up to the election because I was fucking sick of hearing about it.

It is a fucking nightmare like, it's completely unavoidable here and lasts a year and a fucking half man, every comedian is joking about it, TV shows making remarks about it, etc, I genuinely don't know how they can be arsed.

It is a fucking nightmare like, it's completely unavoidable here and lasts a year and a fucking half man, every comedian is joking about it, TV shows making remarks about it, etc, I genuinely don't know how they can be arsed.

And less than three years til it all starts again!

:) Fixed polls, death of legacy media, hobbits fight back..........

he lost me when he said the FN aren't far right. marine has tried to tone their image down in the same way griffin did with the bnp, but howay man

he talks of refugee swarms too. hmmm 

He's that far gone he won't even accept Trump into the Libertarian camp even though a lot of what Trump said to the rednecks was Libertarian claptrap. Think what we all agree on is that those left behind have been picked up by the proto-right or alt right - (this is a kind of protest right rather than Nazis) wing when infact they are prime candidates for a more broad left wing message. The DNC and Clinton got it wrong by completely taking for granted vast swathes of the population. If you even look at the history of Europe the masses have looked for answers from the left and the right...Spain, Italy and Germany have had swings to the right in very recent history.

Personally I believe that these labels are no longer helpful and that politics is in flux and in somewhat of a crisis...Single issues are the order of the day. Whether it be jobs or immigration of sovereignty.

Edited by Park Life