Politics

Christmas Tree

I wonder what the effect of that will be on the party. I'm genuinely curious actually. There'll inevitably be an exodus of members, and I suspect that Labour will be unelectable for many years to come... but maybe we'll all have forgotten about it come 2020.

I'll cancel my membership and I'm sure a good few hundred thousand will do the same. If they aren't going to even pretend to be vaguely democratic what's the point?

[emoji38]

I like him exponentially more every time I watch it. I sing shit wherever i walk all the time.

I wonder if he's thinking of taking food out of the mouths of disabled children to enrich those in the top 1 percentile while he does it though? He sounds much too happy, more like father Dougal forgetting that he's even done it in the first place

I like to think the "Right. Good." was prompted by Sam Cam, starkers and on all fours at the top of the stairs.

I'll cancel my membership and I'm sure a good few hundred thousand will do the same. If they aren't going to even pretend to be vaguely democratic what's the point?

I think I'm with you on that, what would be the point in hanging about?

If Theresa May delivers a working class robust Brexit she could easily destroy Labour in 2020.

If she goes that far for appealing to the working class, what would be the point of Labour anyway?

I think I'm with you on that, what would be the point in hanging about?

If she goes that far for appealing to the working class, what would be the point of Labour anyway?

That's what my point is when arguing with Renton - a choice between two virtually identical platforms which relies on tradition and heritage of a name alone is pointless.

Hate to say it, having chastised CT for not having principles earlier but given the absolute shite state of the country, I am optimistic to hear what May's policies will be having read her speech this morning (full text here http://www.theresa2016.co.uk/we_can_make_britain_a_country_that_works_for_everyone )

Wait and see how it goes tbh, she is meant to be more right wing than Cameron whose one nation toryism and big society didnt make it past the first month in office.

Hate to say it, having chastised CT for not having principles earlier but given the absolute shite state of the country, I am optimistic to hear what May's policies will be having read her speech this morning (full text here http://www.theresa2016.co.uk/we_can_make_britain_a_country_that_works_for_everyone )

Wait and see how it goes tbh, she is meant to be more right wing than Cameron whose one nation toryism and big society didnt make it past the first month in office.

I saw some optimism in her stances as well, so I agree there - a lot of it sounds sensible and promising.

just don't see how centre-left Labour can work anymore as a result. She's just taken their position.

Corbyn or bust, now.

Edited by Rayvin

I saw some optimism in her stances as well, so I agree there - a lot of it sounds sensible and promising.

just don't see how centre-left Labour can work anymore as a result. She's just taken their position.

Corbyn or bust, now.

And yet what do you think Corbyn can do without the support of the plp? Haven't read what May has said yet and wouldn't believe a word of it anyway, but there is still plenty of space in the centre left to occupy I'm sure.

Personally I'm more convinced than ever that what we need now is proportional representation otherwise those at the fringes are never going to be heard.

Agree on PR.

Agree that there's nothing Corbyn can do without the PLP, also. My point really was that the PLP need to shift left or they're not going to have anywhere else to stand.

Maybe you're right about the centreleft, but if May's speech is anything to go by, the Tories just moved closer to that position.

Her voting history doesn't really tally with what she's said today, but tbf she wouldn't have lasted long in the cabinet if she kept on voting against the government

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/theresa-may-prime-minister-andrea-leadsom-policies-voting-record-human-rights-what-did-she-mean-a7130961.html

It looks a bit if a stretch that she's suddenly become a socially conscious moderate in three weeks tbh. But she did challenge the police on stop and search, she voted for same sex marriage and brought legislation in on modern day slavery. Mixed bag, but best to file under "vile Tory bigot" until proved otherwise.

Don't forget her speech was intended to win the leadership by distancing herself from Leadsom - now there's no contest she can be "honest".

Aye, guess that's a fair point. We'll see at the end of the day, I guess.

Edited by Rayvin