Politics

Christmas Tree

This cunt BTW. 

Supposedly he's now running focus groups about a new startup party to unite the right if the Tories suffer a wipeout. 

The bloke behind Vote Leave bemoaning the "shitshow" of our current plight. 

What a cunt. 

12 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Just watched the first episode of The thick of it as I missed it first time round. I appreciate politics jumped the shark a long time ago, but it makes it even funnier

if you enjoyed that, In the Loop is a must watch too. 

You might also like W1A and Veep 

Another vote for Veep. I caught an episode of it the other day and had forgotten just how good the insults were in that show.

Screenshot_20240510-105237.thumb.png.fb02784fbe517edbe51186928bb4548d.png

Starmer doing a big speech in Dover on Labour's plans to tackle illegal immigration. Such a difference to see someone behaving like an actual grown up on this. 

• Like 3

“Why are people who come here from Bangladesh not being processed? Sitting here, not going back? The government isn’t doing it. This is not difficult territory. It’s actually, get on, roll your sleeves up, process the claims, and get this system functioning properly. We shouldn’t overestimate and talk up the difficulty here. It’s basic competence. Seriousness, not gimmicks.”

• Like 1

He said:

It’s not hard to see why the prime minister might want a path to deterrence without the hard graft, the boring work of fixing the wider system.

But I’m afraid like so much of what he says these days, it is magical thinking.

A symbol of the unquenchable Tory desire for the shortcut, the easy things, the sticking plaster. Gimmicks, not serious government.

Let me spell it out again, a scheme that will remove less than 1% of arrivals from small boat crossings a year cannot and never will be an effective deterrent.

Hard to see how anyone reading/hearing this won't think "fucking hell this bloke talks a lot more sense than the other lot?!" 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

This cunt BTW. 

Supposedly he's now running focus groups about a new startup party to unite the right if the Tories suffer a wipeout. 

The bloke behind Vote Leave bemoaning the "shitshow" of our current plight. 

What a cunt. 

He’s not a MLF is he? Because you’d struggle to find a more delusional cunt. He basically breaks things, fucks off, then complains about it as though he had nothing to do with it and it was everyone else’s fault. And repeat. 

• Like 2

Gilliaj Keegan blaming school absences on parents working from home. :lol:

Even if I didn't just think that was true, but knew it and had incontrovertible evidence to prove it, why the fuck would you say it? 

You're only gonna piss people off. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20240510-105237.thumb.png.fb02784fbe517edbe51186928bb4548d.png

Starmer doing a big speech in Dover on Labour's plans to tackle illegal immigration. Such a difference to see someone behaving like an actual grown up on this. 

Listened and thought it was a great speech. Just give us competence, not gimmicks. The tie in with doing this in Elphicke's constituency is clear now as well. I think despite what I had said previously, Starmer may be playing a blinder here. Take Sunak's flagship policy, his only policy really, and flip it 180 degrees so it becomes a liability to him, timed perfectly. Bravo.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Renton said:

Listened and thought it was a great speech. Just give us competence, not gimmicks. The tie in with doing this in Elphicke's constituency is clear now as well. I think despite what I had said previously, Starmer may be playing a blinder here. Take Sunak's flagship policy, his only policy really, and flip it 180 degrees so it becomes a liability to him, timed perfectly. Bravo.  

Aye, a stinking end to another stinking week for Sunak. Great stuff. 

On 10/05/2024 at 12:21, Gemmill said:

Gilliaj Keegan blaming school absences on parents working from home. :lol:

Even if I didn't just think that was true, but knew it and had incontrovertible evidence to prove it, why the fuck would you say it? 

You're only gonna piss people off. 

I work from home and would I fuck tolerate my lad bunking off school. Just makes things immeasurably harder.