Politics

Christmas Tree

Tobias Ellwood was on telly earlier and mentioned three possible outcomes from the election:

Hung parliament

Tories lose "well" 

Tories lose "badly" 

Real inspirational shit on day 1 of a campaign, and basically Vote Tory, get a Labour led coalition. What incentive is that to vote Tory. 

Some of them have just given up and can't even bring themselves to pretend anymore. 

Meanwhile Sunak is in excited chihuahua mode. 

• Haha 1

Also, Sunak confirming that no flights will leave to Rwanda before the election. 

So hundreds of millions spent on a scheme that will never be put into practice. Canny. 

I see Robinson picked up on the fact that Sunak was using ultra-cherry picked data in his speech today. He'll select one quarter with positive stats and spin tas if it is representative of anything that matters. Nothing new there maybe, but Labour need to keep hammering this home (I think they can also extend it to the whole 14 years for greater effect too, Germany shits all over us on that measure).

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Renton said:

As suspected.

Walter White Insult GIF by Breaking Bad

Also nice to see what a true patriot is, focussing on destroying democracy in our former colony. What a fucking gimp. 

Dunt nails it as usual.

• Like 5

With that Baker clip btw. It doesn't even occur to him that she's asking what he's gonna do for work. Most people, faced with the prospect of 6 weeks left in a job, don't get the luxury of planning sky diving or "fast catamaran sailing" trips. 

The fake action man bellend. 

You can tell with Baker, he's a bloke who basically looks after himself who works in an environment where most of the other blokes don't, and he thinks he's fucking God's gift as a result. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Renton said:

Dunt nails it as usual.

The hypocrisy after complaining about people from abroad voicing their opinions about Brexit….

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

There's going to be a raft of those letters over the next week.

AYe, and each one is damaging.

Abandon Ship GIF

What does this mean for the Rayner investigation BTW? Cos I'm sure if it was a Tory being investigated, the police wouldn't say anything during an election campaign so as not to affect the result.

Will the same apply to Labour or will there be the Tory equivalent of an "October surprise" a week out from polling? 

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Tice still adamant they're standing in every seat. Good. 

Would have much preferred Farage to more than just nominally back reform though, would have drawn off more tory vote. 

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Tobias Ellwood was on telly earlier and mentioned three possible outcomes from the election:

Hung parliament

Tories lose "well" 

Tories lose "badly" 

Real inspirational shit on day 1 of a campaign, and basically Vote Tory, get a Labour led coalition. What incentive is that to vote Tory. 

Some of them have just given up and can't even bring themselves to pretend anymore. 

Meanwhile Sunak is in excited chihuahua mode. 

Not that there's a vast array to choose from, but I find him one of the very few palatable Tory MPs. He's pragmatic and talks sense, and was behind the ousting of Boris Johnson long before any other of his contemporaries.

3 hours ago, Renton said:

As suspected.

Walter White Insult GIF by Breaking Bad

Also nice to see what a true patriot is, focussing on destroying democracy in our former colony. What a fucking gimp. 

"I intend to help with the grassroots campaign in the USA in any way that I can" = I am currently engaged in busily attempting to shove my entire cranium up Trump's asshole. 

Obviously it has gone so well for everyone associated with Trump, as they've all gone on to prestigious positions and enjoyed success in their careers after getting into bed with him. I wish him all the best. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Renton said:

That reminds me, where is CT nowadays? :whistle:

image.png.afe49a9dfcae33579f133d0300cea695.png

He's a crypto billionaire living in the Bahamas. He'll definitely be voting tory. 🙂 

48 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Eeeh, you can't have it both ways Gemmill. You laugh at him when he puts a stooge in place, and you laugh at him for being masively socially awkward in front of people who clearly despise him. 

This must be killing Sunak and its brilliant to see.  :lol:

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Actually, the more I look at this the more it looks like a Cold War Steve effort. :lol:

• Haha 2