Politics

Christmas Tree

i was just laughing at the way you completely ignored the question, so i'll put it to you again - if we are experiencing a real and sustainable recovery, why is productivity so stubbornly low?

i'll tell you why - austerity has been a complete and utter failure.

The question was why are tax receipts low.

My answer explained it very clearly. [emoji6]

Although me and Chez can dance around the houses reg the crisis, it's a myth that it was solely Labour's fault.

Austerity has never grown an economy in the history of the planet.

Edited by Park Life

Then try researching it.

I'd rather not have to like. I did find this article in the Grauniad:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/22/scots-vote-snp-labour-scottish-tories-better-together

Still really none the wiser for this phenomenon. Apparently part of the reason is that the conservatives and Labour joined forces in the better together campaign. But........ Scotland voted for that ultimately.

Although me and Chez can dance around the houses reg the crisis, it's a myth that it was solely Labour's fault.

Austerity has never grown an economy in the history of the planet.

You and Chez are Toontastic's Greatest Love Story imo.

You and Chez are Toontastic's Greatest Love Story imo.

:lol:

Gemmill, you're out in force on the boards at the moment - did you break a leg in yoga or something, or have you been sucked in again by all the charming personalities on here.

After you and Alex...Although still not sure who the straight man is.. :)

Come come Parky. It was inevitable really that Toontastic's two fancy Euroboys would become Toontastic's greatest lovers.
You had your experimental phase where you both went over to N-O for a while. But it was love that brought you together.......and it was love that brought you home to us.
It's just so beautiful.

Darlings and Osbournes plans for 2010-2015 were virtually identical. :lol:

wrong again. tories promised to eliminate the deficit by the end of the parliament - they clearly failed there, i don't think even you could argue with the size of the current deficit, which is currently up at around £90bn.

labour promised to increase spending for first year of new term, following on from brown's fiscal stimulus package in order to ensure a sustained recovery before later cutting the deficit by 50% - growth was non existent during the first years of tory austerity, as brown predicted, you'll remember.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8515961.stm

EDIT - bottom line is blanket austerity doesn't fix an economy. economics 101. i think about promised to cut too much in 2010 fwiw, i think they're doing the same this time too, but to say their promises on spending were virtually identical to labour is nonsense.

Edited by Dr Gloom

I do love Parky. We shared a make-shift bed after a night out clubbing in Berlin and woke up like that scene out of Trains, Planes and Automobiles. Except we didn't stop cuddling and both pretended to be asleep for 20 minutes. Good times.

Darlings and Osbournes plans for 2010-2015 were virtually identical. :lol:

But as I pointed out, when Osborne scrapped his own plan, at the end of 2012, and shifted closer to Darling's plan growth, growth actually began? Does this not tell you something? Aggressive cuts don't work - and we're getting the equivalent of the last 5 years in the next 2 years. That's absolute dogma.

You keep mentioning the 'mess'. But we've already established we would have been in a worse state following the crash under a Tory government - who wanted to match Labour spending with further deregulation.

Why do you keep dodging around, sniping, and occasionally reeling off selective facts from a Conservative Election Pamphlet?

The Conservatives have more unfunded election pledges than the Labour party FFS.

I keep seeing patronising statements on local political blogs about 'robots voting labour cos their da does', but it seems like a better reason than mumbling 'economy...progress' without being able to substantiate it.

Edited by TheDimpleboy

But as I pointed out, when Osborne scrapped his own plan, at the end of 2012, and shifted closer to Darling's plan growth, growth actually began? Does this not tell you something? Aggressive cuts don't work - and we're getting the equivalent of the last 5 years in the next 2 years. That's absolute dogma.

You keep mentioning the 'mess'. But we've already established we would have been in a worse state following the crash under a Tory government - who wanted to match Labour spending with further deregulation.

Why do you keep dodging around, sniping, and occasionally reeling off selective facts from a Conservative Election Pamphlet?

The Conservatives have more unfunded election pledges than the Labour party FFS.

I keep seeing patronising statements on local political blogs about 'robots voting labour cos their da does', but it seems like a better reason than mumbling 'economy...progress' without being able to substantiate it.

Stop whining about what might have happened :lol: the bottom line is it happened on Labours watch after 13 years of a wasteful Labour government.

As usual, they inherited a good economy from the conservatives and blew it. You gloss over PFI's which are crippling the NHS or selling the gold off or being directly responsible for mis-leading the country into an illegal war wrecking millions of lives.

That's before we get onto the bloated welfare system they put in place or the flood of immigrants they let in on purpose.

I'll listen to any point of view that is objective but yours just sounds like the usual one sided clap trap.

Stop whining about what might have happened :lol: the bottom line is it happened on Labours watch after 13 years of a wasteful Labour government.

As usual, they inherited a good economy from the conservatives and blew it. You gloss over PFI's which are crippling the NHS or selling the gold off or being directly responsible for mis-leading the country into an illegal war wrecking millions of lives.

That's before we get onto the bloated welfare system they put in place or the flood of immigrants they let in on purpose.

I'll listen to any point of view that is objective but yours just sounds like the usual one sided clap trap.

9/11 happened on Labour's watch. But they didn't fucking cause that any more than they caused the global financial crisis, you tit.