Politics

Christmas Tree

Aye, this spreadsheet is kept by the whips to influence their charges by effectively blackmailing them. 

Affairs and fetishes shouldn't really be an issue but using abuse and as a result  keeping it private and letting down the victims is unforgivable. 

If Fallon has resigned for touching someone's knee 15 years ago, someone who has come out and said she wasn't a victim, and that it is not something that bothers her, then this is fucking stupid.

If he's done other things, as seems likely, then fair enough.

Either way, I'm tempted to say the Tories will use this as a distraction from the Brexit catastrophe.

Tories up in arms about this Williamson  dweeb getting Fallon's job. The bloke looks like he's built a career on kissing hoop. 

Keeps a tarantula on his desk to give an air of menace apparently. He'd need something, he looks like the sort of bloke Softy Walter could bully. 

Six weeks later, David Cameron fell and Mr Green was suddenly one of the most important men in Theresa May’s cabinet. As an aspirant political writer, it seemed impossible to avoid him professionally. So I sent him a message. “Many congratulations on joining the cabinet — you and your family must be delighted. I’ll look forward to seeing what you achieve in government.”

I don't want to start victim blaming but she was happy enough to keep using him.

Why has Theresa May done this, it's going to be a total clusterfuck. Unless she thinks it'll kill off Johnson.

I read an article in the Guardian stating that these 'non-story' small issues were detracting from the serious ones, and I think that's about right. People will just think the whole thing has been trumped up to ridiculous levels, whereas there very probably are serious issues to look at here.

14 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Why has Theresa May done this, it's going to be a total clusterfuck. Unless she thinks it'll kill off Johnson.

I think she's just completely incompetent but I guess her rationale was to head this off at the pass because the government is so weak.

48 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think she's just completely incompetent but I guess her rationale was to head this off at the pass because the government is so weak.

I suppose that makes sense, but I just don't see it ending well for her.

Yeah but you'd expect a sense of self-preservation...

If she goes, I don't see how a government can be re-formed. I think they'll have to go back for another GE. And on this showing, they'll get their arses handed to them.