Politics

Christmas Tree

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Yeah but you'd expect a sense of self-preservation...

If she goes, I don't see how a government can be re-formed. I think they'll have to go back for another GE. And on this showing, they'll get their arses handed to them.

She’s got rid of a sleaze ball* and replaced him with one of her closest and most trusted. Far better than a PM letting a minister cling on for dear life.

(*seems more could have come out about him).

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

She’s got rid of a sleaze ball* and replaced him with one of her closest and most trusted. Far better than a PM letting a minister cling on for dear life.

(*seems more could have come out about him).

Looks like she might lose Green as well...

I think she's fucked, CT. I think the Tories are fucked. Could be wrong, but I can't recall having seen such a shambolic government anywhere outside of South America.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

I think she's fucked, CT. I think the Tories are fucked. Could be wrong, but I can't recall having seen such a shambolic government anywhere outside of South America.

Greece, Italy, Hungary....

1 minute ago, Park Life said:

Greece, Italy, Hungary....

None of those countries' governments, bad as they are, have inflicted a national crisis of the scale of Brexit. Even Greece didn't, and they had a far better reason to than we did.

Edited by Rayvin

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

She’s definitely a lame duck and as I’ve said many times this is a fag end government. It’s really a case of whether she and the government can whether the storm. A good budget and progression on Brexit followed by a major reshuffle would do wonders come January.

Can’t see the government being brought down yet though.

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

She’s definitely a lame duck and as I’ve said many times this is a fag end government. It’s really a case of whether she and the government can whether the storm. A good budget and progression on Brexit followed by a major reshuffle would do wonders come January.

Not yet but this could do it. It depends what comes out.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

I suppose that makes sense, but I just don't see it ending well for her.

Just trying to figure it out and I suppose she thought this was the least shit of the two options, hoping to get it out the way early in a Parliament rather than try and suppress it and have it come back to haunt her later

47 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol::lol::lol:

11 minutes ago, Park Life said:

Thought the Tories had a push on to get her oooot...

The vast majority are behind her til 2019 EU withdrawal. A few who want the crown would like her gone now, but they are even less popular within the party.

The ideal situation is a couple of years gives chance for the old guard of ministers to give way to the younger pool of talent from which a leader will emerge.

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

You seem to viewing this as a one party issue. A lot worse allegations out there than kneegate.

Labour aren't in power, and I'm not really viewing the 'scandals' as a big deal in themselves to be honest. Certainly not on what we've heard so far. The difference for me is that May is literally cutting her party up, whereas Labour are actually being admirably resilient/relatively under the radar in the face of all of this.

Depends on the mood of the progressives iyam. I note they've actually played this down so far, probably because they'd have to take Labour as well as the Tories, if they went for it. In the absence of them, there will be minimal moral condemnation and the Tories are in fact just pulling themselves apart for nothing.

We'll see though.

17 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Seriously though, where are they? :lol: There's been a fuckton of stuff to run at here and I see no outcry from the usual suspects!

Are you questioning why Labour MP’s, whilst investigating one of their own who’s said some pretty vile stuff and investigating why a senior Labour figure discouraged a girl from reporting a rape, arn’t attacking the Tories?

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Are you questioning why Labour MP’s, whilst investigating one of their own who’s said some pretty vile stuff and investigating why a senior Labour figure discouraged a girl from reporting a rape, arn’t attacking the Tories?

Think he's saying the outcry has been subdued will die down because the establishment have nothing to gain in a cannibalistic 'eat their own' frenzy.

9 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

No, not Labour. I'm questioning why the 'SJWs' for want of a better term, aren't up in fucking arms about all of it.

But having said that, I don't pay so much attention anymore, so maybe they are and I just don't care. I recall seeing an article in the Guardian suggesting that stuff written on the internet 15 years ago should be overlooked though.

Edited by Rayvin