Politics

Christmas Tree

14 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

We don’t have to accept anything, but yes, deals will be agreed that benefit both countries more than they do now.

Name an example. Even a hypothetical one. Googling EU external tariffs isn't an example btw.

Why do you trust completely discredited politicians like Fox who has never made a trade deal in his life over virtually every expert in trade? Have you had enough of experts tubs? 

38 minutes ago, Renton said:

Right, you said you want a Canada plus deal, right? That's hard Brexit. All the issues in that article relate to us being out the single market and customs union, which is EXACTLY what you fucking want. :lol:

No, all the issues in that article relate to WTO rules and profitability. WTO rules only apply in a NO DEAL scenario.

16 minutes ago, Renton said:

Name an example. Even a hypothetical one. Googling EU external tariffs isn't an example btw.

Why do you trust completely discredited politicians like Fox who has never made a trade deal in his life over virtually every expert in trade? Have you had enough of experts tubs? 

Come on :lol:  Fox is just a front man shaking a few hands. It’s the lawyers and shadowy civil servants who do the deals.

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

No, all the issues in that article relate to WTO rules and profitability. WTO rules only apply in a NO DEAL scenario.

It's fuck all to do with WTO. It's about inevitable trade frictions from not being in the SM and CU. If we leave these, or SM anyway, Nissan and all JIT manufacturers are dead. Or of course, maybe you know better than their CEOs.

All this time and you still don't know what the single market is or what it does. Incredible. :throw:

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Come on :lol:  Fox is just a front man shaking a few hands. It’s the lawyers and shadowy civil servants who do the deals.

These remoaner civil servants who all think this a terrible idea? You trust them now? Fucking hell.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Which lawyers and civil servants? We don’t have any experts in this field. Couple that with the fact that we’re six months away from being virtually the only country on the planet without a trade deal. Are we going to negotiate all these trade deals in parallel while having no experience in negotiating even a single trade deal? We’re going to get bumfucked.

Thought leaving the EU was all about taking power away from unelected civil servants and lawyers who met in secret to decide our fate. Sounds a bit undemocratic 

4 hours ago, Renton said:

It's fuck all to do with WTO. It's about inevitable trade frictions from not being in the SM and CU. If we leave these, or SM anyway, Nissan and all JIT manufacturers are dead. Or of course, maybe you know better than their CEOs.

Have you read the article you linked? :lol:

Not only does it talk about WTO rules and needing to remain competitive, it also includes their statement today which warns about the dangers of WTO rules. IE NO DEAL!!!

As I’ve told you repeatedly we will agree a cracking deal that will allow Nissan to continue to trade profitably with Zero tarrifs and no friction.

I also warned you back in January that it would get very hairy before the deal was done. 

So so this is what’s going to happen and I suggest you bookmark it.

A deal will get done, the pound will rise and the economy will surge and then we will have nearly two years to start implementing all these lovely trade deals.

8 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Not only does it talk about WTO rules and needing to remain competitive, it also includes their statement today which warns about the dangers of WTO rules. IE NO DEAL!!!

As I’ve told you repeatedly we will agree a cracking deal that will allow Nissan to continue to trade profitably with Zero tarrifs and no friction.

I also warned you back in January that it would get very hairy before the deal was done. 

A deal will get done, the pound will rise and the economy will surge and then we will have nearly two years to start implementing all these lovely trade deals.

Remortgage your house and go long on GBP with maximum leverage then. I for one am sceptical that a fat shit from Boldon is one step ahead of the financial markets but hey ho. Let us know when you've done it

19 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

As I’ve told you repeatedly we will agree a cracking deal that will allow Nissan to continue to trade profitably with Zero tariffs and no friction.

Quoted for posterity. Also corrected the spelling of tariffs.

Yeah but he’s a taxi driver from the north east so he’s going to be lot more clued up about what’s really happening behind the scenes 

9 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Eh? It's literally nothing to do with WTO. It's quite a lengthy article detailing the history of Nissan and how it just cannot survive outside the single market. The word WTO is mentioned in passing just the ONCE. You either haven't read it or don't understand it. You lying thicko. 

10 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

He's just randomly typing words now.

CT, are you sure you want this bookmarked for posterity? This really hasn't worked well for you in the past has it? 

38 minutes ago, Renton said:

Eh? It's literally nothing to do with WTO. It's quite a lengthy article detailing the history of Nissan and how it just cannot survive outside the single market. The word WTO is mentioned in passing just the ONCE. You either haven't read it or don't understand it. You lying thicko. 

If Britain leaves the EU without securing an agreement for continued frictionless trade – the “hard Brexit” outcome – Britain’s trading relationships would be regulated by World Trade Organisation rules, which do not allow for agreed product standards, and therefore will require customs checks at the borders with Europe. The rules also impose tariffs, including 10% on cars, 4.5% on car parts.

This is what they are clearly worried about, leaving without a deal. Nowhere does it say they will not survive unless we stay in the single market. That is, as usual, just your made up negative spin........

You lying thicko.

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

If Britain leaves the EU without securing an agreement for continued frictionless trade – the “hard Brexit” outcome – Britain’s trading relationships would be regulated by World Trade Organisation rules, which do not allow for agreed product standards, and therefore will require customs checks at the borders with Europe. The rules also impose tariffs, including 10% on cars, 4.5% on car parts.

This is what they are clearly worried about, leaving without a deal. Nowhere does it say they will not survive unless we stay in the single market. That is, as usual, just your made up negative spin........

You lying thicko.

No, you've misunderstood the whole article. You have a habit of cherry picking sentences and taking them out of context. A hard Brexit is any that take us out of the SM. That inevitably leads to friction that will kill Nissan. You are either in or out the SM, there is no half way house. Chequers won't be accepted by the EU.

You support a CETA type deal. That is a very hard Brexit = bye bye Nissan. I've tried to explain this so many times over the past 2 years, even with simple graphics, but you've defeated me. 

Mr-Barnier-believes-the-only-options-available-to-the-UK-are-Canada-or-Japan-style-deals-1200956.jpg

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

The Irish backstop will end up beinbackstopg a UK wide customs arrangement.

So we are staying in the CU then? How will that work with your fabled trade deals. You don't know what the backstop is, so you? Clueless.

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

No, you've misunderstood the whole article. You have a habit of cherry picking sentences and taking them out of context. A hard Brexit is any that take us out of the SM. That inevitably leads to friction that will kill Nissan. You are either in or out the SM, there is no half way house. Chequers won't be accepted by the EU.

You support a CETA type deal. That is a very hard Brexit = bye bye Nissan. I've tried to explain this so many times over the past 2 years, even with simple graphics, but you've defeated me. 

Mr-Barnier-believes-the-only-options-available-to-the-UK-are-Canada-or-Japan-style-deals-1200956.jpg

Im cherry picking :lol:

Ive quoted a paragraph from the article YOU linked, which clearly states they fear a no deal scenario and going on to WTO rules. 

You find me a sentence in the article that backs up your claim they are dead if we leave the SM.

Not your spin, a sentence. I’m waiting ;)