Politics

Christmas Tree

41 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:
Honestly, where do you think he is now ?

Too early to tell given his politics when campaigning. Looks a much better politician now he’s not Mr anti Brexit and will no doubt get better as he distances himself from the far left.

Very impressed so far.

17 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Too early to tell given his politics when campaigning. Looks a much better politician now he’s not Mr anti Brexit and will no doubt get better as he distances himself from the far left.

Very impressed so far.

You’re not grasping that “the far left”, in any normal circumstances, would be only just left of centre. 
The far right, such as UKIP, the current government, and the BNP, have shifted things so far right that mildly left people are portrayed as Castro loving loonies. 
Starmer has left leanings, of course he does-he’s a fucking Labour politician. 
But he’s in no way far-left. 

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

You’re not grasping that “the far left”, in any normal circumstances, would be only just left of centre. 
The far right, such as UKIP, the current government, and the BNP, have shifted things so far right that mildly left people are portrayed as Castro loving loonies. 
Starmer has left leanings, of course he does-he’s a fucking Labour politician. 
But he’s in no way far-left. 

Nah, your talking crap. Plenty of us on here have said over the last 5 years that we need a centre Labour Party.

Renton = Centrist

Rayvin = Far left

Me = Centrist

Phil wasn’t far wrong the other day ;) 

21 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Plenty of us on here have said over the last 5 years that we need a centre Labour Party.

And yet you voted for Labour under Corbyn, remember?

• Haha 4

On 12/12/2019 at 16:03, Christmas Tree said:

No, I don’t see any great benefit for the country from either side but I’d rather one side gets to govern rather than nothing getting done as has happened for the last 2 years.

I’m at centrist at heart. The country is really crying out for a Labour 1997 outcome but that’s not on offer.

Im back to lurk mode now to get my nibbles and blue moon ready for 10pm.

Here

On 12/07/2016 at 21:23, Christmas Tree said:

That's the reputation they had in 79, 18 years later they were back in power. (As soon as they moved centre and got a proper leader).

Dave Milliband in 2010 would have won in 2010 or at the very least run a coalition.

Letting a few hundred thousand angry students take over the membership via social media has turned it into the Corbyn cult.

Sure I'll poke a bit fun as a Tory, but this is a very dark day for politics.

Yup

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Why did you vote for such right wing cunts then? 

And Brexit? 

:hiya:

Ooh, I know sir!

Because he's a fat little cunt?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Someone’s had too many blue moons and the rest of the family are doing the local pub online quiz :lol:

I hear the first question was "Why did CT pretend to have voted Labour in the 2017 general election?", so you're probably safer with us. :good: 

• Haha 1

I don't actually consider myself far left, predominantly because I'm not a communist.

I believe in a mixed economy, so I suppose it depends on the extent to which most of the Scandinavian countries are 'far left'.

EDIT - I'm also going to stress that I appear to have far more concerns about the economics of the current lockdown than most on here. If not for the fact that the Tories had devastated the NHS in the years running up to it, I'm not sure I would have been pro universal lockdown at all.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Closer to the centre than the loons.

The fact that you even think this to be true says it all about you. 
Gordon Brown was a lefty loon, was he? 

Have another Blue Moon and go check on your chickens.