Politics

Christmas Tree

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

Could the knives be sharpening for Sunak? VOBC possible from Wednesday. I doubt it like, who the fuck have they got instead?

Someone inexplicably even worse. My gut feeling is that they will go with someone even harder right and double down on the fascism instead of the common sense approach of getting in someone more centre right to try and win back some of the voters who've moved over to labour/LDs in advance of the GE. Don't be surprised if they appoint the reanimated corpse of Hitler as the new leader of the tory party.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I think Gemmil and Wikki might have over done the espresso machine a bit this morning :cuppa:

You're being picked apart by TT's PREMIER hyena crew. Just lie down and play dead!

• Haha 5

27 minutes ago, Renton said:

Could the knives be sharpening for Sunak? VOBC possible from Wednesday. I doubt it like, who the fuck have they got instead?

Fuck all of this lot. If they try and change the leader again, it'll just make things worse for them electorally. As much as I'd enjoy that, the country can't really afford them taking another 6 weeks off to squabble with one another on the telly.

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Fuck all of this lot. If they try and change the leader again, it'll just make things worse for them electorally. As much as I'd enjoy that, the country can't really afford them taking another 6 weeks off to squabble with one another on the telly.

Why not? What would they be doing with the time otherwise?

I think the leader change will happen after a disastrous GE for the tory cunts. But here's the thing, the tories safest seats are held by the weirdest right wing cunts. They get to decide the next leader. Chances are they are disappearing down the right wing rabbbit hole for a t least a decade, thank fuck. 

18 hours ago, Ginolaandtonic said:

There are people who believe that getting out of poverty isn’t aided by watching a load of shit telly.

All of our grandparents for instance.

It just breeds passivity.

You lot are always whining about how shit the country is but we’ve bred generations of people who can’t look after themselves.

Welfare rightly exists to help people to feed their kids while they’re trying to sort themselves out or if they’re unable to work through illness or disability.

When did subscription TV become something that people are entitled to?

Also, don’t you all hate Rupert Murdoch? Why should the government fund his empire?

ok, boomer 

41 minutes ago, Renton said:

no, election defeat is inevitable. they'll let rishi take the fall then farage will be parachuted into a safe seat for the next election, and will win the leadership bid with truss as his shadow chancellor 

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

no, election defeat is inevitable. they'll let rishi take the fall then farage will be parachuted into a safe seat for the next election, and will win the leadership bid with truss as his shadow chancellor 

Not sure there is a safe seat left for them, and as a personality he doesn't win votes, he once lost to a dolphin.

Also, Farage is all about the grift, not the politics, how much money he can make. Is there much money to be had being leader of the opposition (assuming they win more seats thand the LDs)? I don't see it. 

Just now, Renton said:

Not sure there is a safe seat left for them, and as a personality he doesn't win votes, he once lost to a dolphin.

Also, Farage is all about the grift, not the politics, how much money he can make. Is there much money to be had being leader of the opposition (assuming they win more seats thand the LDs)? I don't see it. 

the tories are basically UKIP now anyway, so he's the logical choice 

Greg Hands doing his usual "we see no great enthusiasm for Keir Starmer or the Labour Party".

Do they not see how that's even worse? They're getting fucking murdered even when, according to them, people aren't that fussed about voting for the alternative.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the tories are basically UKIP now anyway, so he's the logical choice 

Aye, but I don't think it suits him. He doesn't want power, he's always happy to gripe from the sidelines. He doesn't want graft either, he wants grift. £££

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye, but I don't think it suits him. He doesn't want power, he's always happy to gripe from the sidelines. He doesn't want graft either, he wants grift. £££

Power doesn't buy the pints and tabs and he loves so much. Or express plane journeys, from sky to ground in under 30 seconds.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Nick Robinson telling John Curtice he hasn't had enough sleep when he suggests that a landslide bigger than Blair's "could" be coming.

They don't like it up them!

Curtice is right. Starmer is no Blair. But in '97, the economy was doing well and there was a strong feel good factor, Major was not hated and was not the third PM of that term, and yet people still voted to annihilate the tories. Now the economy is in ruins and everyone knows it. I was reading yesterday 70% of people worry about money and 30% of people do this every day of their lives. I don't know the historical figures but I suspect this is pretty bad. Tories are fucked, if for nothing else than "it's the economy, stupid". Before we evn get into the rest of the shit they have done.