Politics

Christmas Tree

Didn't see it but listened to it. Sounded awful, I mean in a theatrical sense. Was embarassing. Staremer 's performance was okay. 

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Didn't see it but listened to it. Sounded awful, I mean in a theatrical sense. Was embarassing. Staremer 's performance was okay. 

All that it needs to be surely? As long as he comes off as remotely competent, he's got a headstart on these absolute grifters

• Like 1

Just watched Starner on C4 news there. Sunak and Hunt were opposite completely ignoring him, Sunak was on his mobile. Disrespectful cunts, they've feathered their nests though and don't give a shit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Still cracks me up that his real name is Tracy Marrow

I did not know that, and my life is better for finding it out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Still cracks me up that his real name is Tracy Marrow

i think you'll find it's Tracy Lauren Marrow 

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Renton said:

Just watched Starner on C4 news there. Sunak and Hunt were opposite completely ignoring him, Sunak was on his mobile. Disrespectful cunts, they've feathered their nests though and don't give a shit. 

already planning their next careers if dom cummings is to be believed 

• Like 1

Cummings was supposed to be advising  Sunak according to rumours. I suspect he’s not the genius he thinks he is and Sunak rapidly realised that. Whilst I also think what he says is true, it’s possibly sour grapes too

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i think you'll find it's Tracy Lauren Marrow 

Hard of hearing mackem has entered the conversation. FTM friend

I have no idea why Hunt dropped that line about wanting to scrap NI altogether yesterday. It's undeliverable and he likely won't even be an MP after the next election. Decent for Labour attack lines though.

Bookies fancy an autumn election. But I did wonder if they’d decided things are only going to get worse for the Tories so would go earlier. I think there’s local / mayoral / police commissioner elections on May 2nd anyway. Wonder if they’ll go with that 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Why haven't I seen this before?

Can't see a May election unless there is a leadership challenge (in which case I expect Sunak to resign and fuck off). Not sure there is much precedence for a PM to call an early election knowing for certain he will lose it. Better hang on, fuck over the country some more, and hope for a miracle. 

I wonder if he's not just sick of it. They're completely out of ideas, he can't do an interview without getting rinsed, his personal reputation takes a hit every time he raises his head above the parapet, and ultimately he doesn't need ANY of it.

If he calls an election now, they'll lose, but there's just as much evidence to suggest that the longer he waits, the worse the defeat will be.

If I was him, I'd just say fuck it and pull the trigger now.

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 2

It's clear from how snippy he gets in interviews, how much he's hating his life at the minute. Why stick it out for longer? It's entirely his decision at the end of the day.

I really fucking hope it's May.

43 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Derbyshire is quality. She won't last at the BBC if she keeps this up.

Fourth presenter on The News Agents maybe?