Politics

Christmas Tree

Natalie fucking Elphicke? She’s a right wing cunt. I can’t see how anyone in Labour thought it a good idea to let her in.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

She's not gonna stand at the next election, it turns out. 

I think Starmer would have had some splaining to do if they'd fielded her as a candidate at the GE. 

This softens the blow for the left of what is a canny weird defection, but is basically just an exercise in kicking Sunak when he's down. 

I say this with no fear of contradiction: "THAT is a policy we can ALL get behind".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

basically just an exercise in kicking Sunak when he's down. 

He's 3'6. He's always down.

When I was elected in 2019, the Conservative Party occupied the centre ground of British politics. The party was about building the future and making the most of the opportunities that lay ahead for our country.

Well that’s absolute bullshit for a start. 

Lots of this stuff being surfaced. 

Also her saying Rashford missed a shootout penalty for England cos he was too focused on free school meals. 

She sounds like a fucking idiot mind. Although I don't think this harms Labour too much with the electorate. 

27 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

There was a job add I saw some months ago for Home Office iirc "Head of Cyber Security" based in London, salary was £57K. Fuck me, you wouldn't get a decent senior BA for that down there !!!!

Aye, and you’d have contractors working for you in the team earning multiple times your salary :lol: 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Lots of this stuff being surfaced. 

Also her saying Rashford missed a shootout penalty for England cos he was too focused on free school meals. 

She sounds like a fucking idiot mind. Although I don't think this harms Labour too much with the electorate. 

All the defectors will just take the Labour whip until parliament dissolves. Then that’ll be the last thing they ever have to do with the party (and Parliament probably) 

19 minutes ago, Alex said:

All the defectors will just take the Labour whip until parliament dissolves. Then that’ll be the last thing they ever have to do with the party (and Parliament probably) 

Tbh if I was Starmer I would just expel her from the party the minute after PMQs had concluded. :lol:

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye, and you’d have contractors working for you in the team earning multiple times your salary :lol: 

Definitely, and shitloads of Indians getting paid peanuts whilst being charged in at a prodigious day rate by someone like Infosys.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Shouldn't there be a by-election now?

No, because they’ve only defected. They’re still the elected representative for that constituency. It would take enough people in the constituency to petition to recall the MP to trigger a by election (10% of those eligible to vote iirc). 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

No, because they’ve only defected. They’re still the elected representative for that constituency. It would take enough people in the constituency to petition to recall the MP to trigger a by election (10% of those eligible to vote iirc). 

Aye, if they've had a parliamentary suspension of 10 sitting days or more, like Johnson had. 

It is a difficult one to get your head round. I think her constituents would have been more happy for her to go the reform route. Tbh Brexit has shafted large areas of Kent but they voted for it so fuck them. 👍

• Like 5

She's gone to Labour instead of Reform so she can be rewarded with a peerage after the election. 

Another tory cunt in the Lords is the long term result. 

1 hour ago, NJS said:

She's gone to Labour instead of Reform so she can be rewarded with a peerage after the election. 

Another tory cunt in the Lords is the long term result. 

They're saying she's being given a role as a housing adviser but not a peerage. 

That's for six months - whoever the tories put up in Dover will probably beat her if she stands. 

It's a stunt, she damages Sunak, she's fucking off come the election, it's fine. Labour would have been mad to knock it back. One a week at PMQ's would be hilarious.

• Like 3

Zahawi is the latest to flee the sinking ship. Looks like self-awareness isn't a great strength of his.

In his statement on X, Mr Zahawi said: "Every morning as I shave my head in the mirror, I have to pinch myself. How is it that a boy from Baghdad who came to these shores, fleeing persecution and unable to speak a word of English, was able to do as much as I have?"

• Haha 1

Unfortunately the negatives of these polls are, with polling this bad, they can't get worse for the cunts and I fear it will push Sunak into an election as late as possible, even January 2025.