Politics

Christmas Tree

Just take the pensioners who've seen their pensions tied to the retail price index...More More More they'll be shouting as they zip down to the polls on their mobility scooters.

The only danger would be all the lay abouts about to lose benefits scampering their as well.

Hang on, are you saying it's a good or bad thing to cast your vote purely in self-interest?

I didnt say it was good or bad

That's why he asked the question :icon_lol:

Well its pretty obvious isnt it? Its a good thing when its Tory voters and a bad thing when its Labour scroungers.

I dont think I can recall one person, friend, family or customer who has lost their job because of the cuts.

That doesn't mean it's not happening :icon_lol:

I think if the lower classes were being "savaged" I might have come across a bit of it. :blush:

Guest alex

Fuck me CT, how insensitive can you get? There's people on here lost their fucking jobs man. You really are a grade-A Tory at times.

I dont think I can recall one person, friend, family or customer who has lost their job because of the cuts.

I think if the lower classes were being "savaged" I might have come across a bit of it. :blush:

Maybe if you spent more time working and less time sitting on your patio, you'd come across it. To take a totally ignorant stance to people losing their jobs and important services in the North East being cut is mental. If they take Weight Watchers off the NHS, how would you respond?

Fuck me CT, how insensitive can you get? There's people on here lost their fucking jobs man. You really are a grade-A cunt most of the time.

FYP

Fuck me CT, how insensitive can you get? There's people on here lost their fucking jobs man. You really are a grade-A Tory at times.

Who on here has lost their job because of the cuts?

Thanks for the compliment?

And I didn't say that nobody would be effected, the argument was about the lower classes being "savaged"......(as you know fine well btw).

Maybe if you spent more time working and less time sitting on your patio, you'd come across it. To take a totally ignorant stance to people losing their jobs and important services in the North East being cut is mental. If they take Weight Watchers off the NHS, how would you respond?

When did that happen then?

And I didn't say that nobody would be effected, the argument was about the lower classes being "savaged"......(as you know fine well btw).

God you're thick. :icon_lol:

Fuck me CT, how insensitive can you get? There's people on here lost their fucking jobs man. You really are a grade-A cunt most of the time.

FYP

Haven't you got some unilateral forum decision making to be getting on with. :icon_lol:

God you're thick. :icon_lol:

Your not being very complementary their.

Three friends, one cousin.

Sister in law's job in the balance.

That do you?

Tit

Everyone I know that's lost their job gets a taxi to the job centre.

Jesus wept.

Of course, your surrounded by the "savaged lower classes". :)

Jesus wept then wept some more....

I can see all the lefties are going to start trotting out the savaged lower classes that they meet everyday. Almost Cameronesque. :)

You claim no-one on here has lost their job through cuts. Then when two of us respond you imply we are lying.

Underneath all the nicey nicey family man shit, you're a grade A cunt aren't you?

You claim no-one on here has lost their job through cuts. Then when two of us respond you imply we are lying.

Underneath all the nicey nicey family man shit, you're a grade A cunt aren't you?

Not at all but you clearly are.

Alex claimed their was people on here that had lost their jobs because of the cuts not me. I was responding to the over the top statement that the lower classes have been savaged. All about context of the remark not that no one has been affected.

So take your high horse and shove it up your arse.

Even the examples you give, still don't relate to "posters on here having lost their jobs".

I suppose we can't discuss racism in case someone on here knows a black person or religious fanatics in case someone knows a Muslim.

Tit.

FYP

Haven't you got some unilateral forum decision making to be getting on with. :)

I think everyone's already made up their mind about you tbh :)

It's one thing ignoring the facts of what Ashley has done at Newcastle to wind people up. It's 'just' sport. But to play the WUM about job losses affecting peoples lives is as bad as Rob standing up for Jon Venables.

Your own borough of South Tyneside has the highest proportion of people of working age claiming benefits....

2dki9fk.jpg

http://www.newcastle.gov.uk/wwwfileroot/tw...V01_2011Mar.pdf

Look at how far above every other borough your town is, after 8 years of downward trending. Look at the spike over the last couple of years. It's impossible for you not to see this affecting the people around you, unless you're a particularly self absorbed toss-pot.

Edited by Happy Face

Not at all but you clearly are.

Alex claimed their was people on here that had lost their jobs because of the cuts not me. I was responding to the over the top statement that the lower classes have been savaged. All about context of the remark not that no one has been affected.

So take your high horse and shove it up your arse.

Even the examples you give, still don't relate to "posters on here having lost their jobs".

I suppose we can't discuss racism in case someone on here knows a black person or religious fanatics in case someone knows a Muslim.

Tit.

"I'm alright Jack, fuck everybody else"

Tories. To a tee

TitCunt.

my lass and I have both lost our jobs through Cameron's cuts, fwiw.

Had any luck finding work?

Done some consulting but I want to change career, I'm opening a kitchen in a friend's cafe later in the year. Wor lass is on gardening leave for the next 8 weeks but she's bricking it about what to do next. Fortunately we have no kids or major debts, unlike many of our peers. I was working on green matters and she was working on a national child safeguarding programme - given the perceived 'weight' of those two issues we thought that one of us would probably survive tbh.

Cheers for asking.

I dont think I said that????

The majority of the public is still behind the deficit reduction.

thats why we have politicians who can make these decisions on hard facts etc rather than populous whims.

Which is Cameron engaged in? Populist whim catering or hard line difficult decisions that need to be made despite their unpopularity?

Surely it can't be both? Perhaps the papers you read give the impression of tough decisions being popular. The polls on those cuts don't back it up. An unrelated AV referendum tells you nothing about how they're handling the economy.

First off all I said the public backed the conservative plans on the deficit reduction which is entirely different to saying that the government does whats popular?

Secondly, you havent stated where your mish mash figures come from. The main poll that backs up what i said is the Guardian / ICM poll taken a few weeks back that shows 57% of voters back the current cuts or think they should be even deeper.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/ma...-coalition-poll

As I said before, the public at large will always agree on a generic "should spending be cut?" question. Everyone wants to save money.

When you said "the majority are more relieved that its someone else whose losing and not them" I got the impression this is how you feel rather than what that poll shows which is "southerners are more relieved that its northerners losing and not them". Which I'd agree with.

Look at the chart above. Our area has been more adversley affected, and your average Londoner doesn't know/care.

Ask a Londoner "do you think it's right that northerners suffer from cuts to a greater extent than southerners" and I do think the answer would be no. But ask them about the cuts they see around them (which are NOT as savage as they are up here) and of course they haven't personally felt the affect as much....apart from housing being cheaper...bonus!

However, you aren't a southerner. You're like a white geordie Uncle Tom.

Edited by Happy Face