Politics

Christmas Tree

My view is that you're a cunt.

I also feel that you're a cunt.

Your feeling is your own, and needs no defending or argumentation.

Your view comes unaccompanied by argumentation, I can't help noticing.

Apologies Nick, I have plenty of evidence to support my view.

My view is that you're a cunt.

I also feel that you're a cunt.

Your feeling is your own, and needs no defending or argumentation.

Your view comes unaccompanied by argumentation, I can't help noticing.

Apologies Nick, I have plenty of evidence to support my view.

I'm glad you posted that so-called 'evidence'. I hope as many people click it as possible. Then they'll see what sort of 'evidence' it is :mellow:

Not according to the head of the IMF :dunno:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/...ion%2C_Says_IMF

Double-dips, Stagnation, as predicted.

The next few months will be interesting regarding currencies and Govt debt all around Europe.

I am now a firm believer that the free market is fucked now that the balance has tipped to the East and there is only one cure, WW3.

Sometime off yet, but getting ever nearer. :D

The next few months will be interesting regarding currencies and Govt debt all around Europe.

I am now a firm believer that the free market is fucked now that the balance has tipped to the East and there is only one cure, WW3.

Welcome to Parky year 2007. :D

Are you building a bunker?

Might be wrong but I don't see China or India doing that well if they can't sell cheap consumer goods to other countries.

Are you building a bunker?

Patented a design and selling the fuckers no doubt. Marxist my arse.

Nick: Wisla or Cracovia? It's football and politics moulded into one

Asking Nick an option-based question without starting a new thread with a poll in it? FORUM ETIQUETTE FAIL

Asking Nick an option-based question without starting a new thread with a poll in it? FORUM ETIQUETTE FAIL

:mellow:

I don't do threads

I wonder how much shit we will be in if the USA doesn't sort out this debt ceiling thing? Probably loads, along with the rest of the world. Funny how the Republicans have been banging on about balancing the books etc. when their idol Reagan raised it 18 times and generally wasted lots of money on stuff like the Star Wars project.

:mellow:

I don't do threads

We know, we've seen.

:dunno:

I wonder how much shit we will be in if the USA doesn't sort out this debt ceiling thing? Probably loads, along with the rest of the world. Funny how the Republicans have been banging on about balancing the books etc. when their idol Reagan raised it 18 times and generally wasted lots of money on stuff like the Star Wars project.

There was a Barclays markets analyst on the beeb the other day who was basically saying the next 10 years (at least) are going to be pretty horrible to live through with many recessions throughout this period.

He said within a very short period there will be no option but to cut public spending even further.

How governments down the road are going to fund social care, pensions, housing etc etc is quite scary.

He also said this was the only viable route and being able to "buy" our way out of it through increased borrowing / further public spending was ridiculous.

Still, as long as you have good family, friends and an interest in beer and football, you should get by. :mellow:

As a general rule, I am fairly left wing on economics in normal times, however since most of the world, and not just a few countries have debt issues it is an extrordinary situation. The debts do need to be cleared up, but my instincts tell me the government just want to use the problems to settle scores and push their narrow agenda. Maybe it is a class thing I have, but I can't help thinking that Cameron, Clegg and Osbourne are loving the fact they can sack loads of public sector workers, and will ultimately work to make the rich and the bankers richer whilst not giving a crap about those who lose their jobs, or have to work in the lower paid sectors.

On a macro scale, I hope the various governments grow a pair of bollocks and refuse to bail any more banks should it all go wrong. It is the bankers and the estate agents who got us into this mess, and they've left us and the state picking up the tab. No doubt these people are being 'clever' and building another financial house of cards based on European debt or some other nonsense much like the crappy US mortgages that set it all off. It is they who must pay the biggest price for all this, not us. Capitalism will not fall, the world will not end, but hopefully all this will make future politicians realise that the financial sector is full of greedy wankers who are not as smart as they think they are, and should therefore not be the only basis for an economy.

On a personal note, I have given up ever retiring, having any pension etc. and will probably die during a 14 hour shift somewhere that is owned by Lord Cameron.

As a general rule, I am fairly left wing on economics in normal times, however since most of the world, and not just a few countries have debt issues it is an extrordinary situation. The debts do need to be cleared up, but my instincts tell me the government just want to use the problems to settle scores and push their narrow agenda. Maybe it is a class thing I have, but I can't help thinking that Cameron, Clegg and Osbourne are loving the fact they can sack loads of public sector workers, and will ultimately work to make the rich and the bankers richer whilst not giving a crap about those who lose their jobs, or have to work in the lower paid sectors.

On a macro scale, I hope the various governments grow a pair of bollocks and refuse to bail any more banks should it all go wrong. It is the bankers and the estate agents who got us into this mess, and they've left us and the state picking up the tab. No doubt these people are being 'clever' and building another financial house of cards based on European debt or some other nonsense much like the crappy US mortgages that set it all off. It is they who must pay the biggest price for all this, not us. Capitalism will not fall, the world will not end, but hopefully all this will make future politicians realise that the financial sector is full of greedy wankers who are not as smart as they think they are, and should therefore not be the only basis for an economy.

On a personal note, I have given up ever retiring, having any pension etc. and will probably die during a 14 hour shift somewhere that is owned by Lord Cameron.

Good post! Although I must admit I am quite Liberal, I still agree with most of what you've said. Because of globalization all the big economies need each other too, which has created more problems, which is why that Boehner (giggle) wanker in America infuriates me so much. He doesn't realise that his party having everything paid for by big companies thus having to lower their taxes could actually cause so many problems not only in the US but the entire world. All these Tea Party and far right Republicans anger me, with their bullshit "any tax is communist". Then again as long as they're in their nice mansions funded by the oil companies who cares about what the rest of the world has to say on the matter...

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting to see the French and Germans now talking about a Eurozone Government!!!! Isnt this what they have been after all along. Makes you wonder :lol:

Also interesting to see Germanys economy has stalled and is currently growing at half the rate of the UK.

http://news.sky.com/home/business/article/16050832

Interesting to see the French and Germans now talking about a Eurozone Government!!!! Isnt this what they have been after all along. Makes you wonder :lol:

Also interesting to see Germanys economy has stalled and is currently growing at half the rate of the UK.

http://news.sky.com/home/business/article/16050832

I don't know if it's in this thread or another, but somewhere in here I said that I think that would be a good idea! If we create an entire financial union it could stabilize all of Europe's economy. If the two big players in the Eurozone believe in it I think they're either trying to look after their own backs or trying to further help the countries in problems (probably both). Eurosceptics will probably look at it shiftily but a sort of Federal system could benefit the Eurozone in the long run.

I also challenge someone to tell me the potential problems. That's not cocky either, i'm genuinely interested in finding out what the problems of such a government would be.

The problem with the EU is that it is neither a group of sovereign nations operating a free trade zone, nor a full blown 'United Sates of Europe'. Instead, it is a warped overly beauracratic, inefficent gravy train for French farmers and mediocre civil servants and politicians. So there should be a move to make it one or the other. If the former, then the Euro should be scrapped altogether, and if it is the latter, then sit down and draw up a real constitution that standardises and clears everything up.

The more I think about it, the more I do believe that Britain should leave the EU, or at least become one of those half arsed members like Norway, who are sort of associate members.

The problem with the EU is that it is neither a group of sovereign nations operating a free trade zone, nor a full blown 'United Sates of Europe'. Instead, it is a warped overly beauracratic, inefficent gravy train for French farmers and mediocre civil servants and politicians. So there should be a move to make it one or the other. If the former, then the Euro should be scrapped altogether, and if it is the latter, then sit down and draw up a real constitution that standardises and clears everything up.

The more I think about it, the more I do believe that Britain should leave the EU, or at least become one of those half arsed members like Norway, who are sort of associate members.

That in essence is the root problem of it. For this to have worked it had to be full blown unification (which no-one wanted, except perhaps Germany and France) IMO.

The fact we've got a half-arsed situation whereby there's a common currency but individual economies. It was fucking doomed from the start.

And we don't get off lightly by virtue of the fact we didn't adopt the Euro. We trade with this lot so are fucked regardless.

They need to give serious consideration to binning the single currency and going back to what went before. As Billy suggests, the alternative is the drawing up of a bulletproof constitution. But there's no way that'll ever happen.

Well its all kicking off in the world economy as markets crash and manufacturing output in key American states drops by 30 odd %.

Listening to a few of the economists on Newsnight it just backs up how globalisation has left us fucked in the West with little chance of any reversal of fortune unless unpalatable measures are taken such as doing away with minimum wages and basically taking a 2 or 30 year backward step.

This all should have kicked off in the early 2000's, but all western governments blatantly allowed the debt culture to get out of control as this overspending kept the economies ticking over.

European leaders are simply putting off the inevitable break-up of the European Zone or European Government and leaders on Both sides of the Atlantic seem unwilling to allow the banks, still heavily indebted, to fall.

Political will and policy is nowhere to be found with most leaders hoping to kick the pain down the road a few years to the next guy.

The days of this being about Labour or Conservative or whether to cut slowly or a bit faster seem pointless.

While a few economists will theorise, the people who need to find answers have nothing.

We are doomed......doomed.