Politics

Christmas Tree

Btw, the NHS will be a massive issue next election and I reckon the final nail in the coffin for the Condems. A poll today has indicated only 12% of GPs support GP-led commissioning! If they don't want it, who does? Well, were here now, let the disaster commence. :(

Labour held their vote; they never had a hope in hell of appealing to people in Eastleigh. The conservatives were simply massacred. And yet you somehow think this was a bad night for Labour? :lol:

What does the 'best PM of your lifeTM' do now though? He's already shifted to the right on Europe amongst other things, and it's done bugger all. Does he go further right to match UKIP and risk alienated more centre voters? This is a problem Labour don't have to the same degree, and they will pick up a hell of a lot of Lib Dem votes to boot. I thought we'd get another hung election, but the way things are going its Labour's to lose (which is well possible of course).

Staggering stupidity that only you could turn a fourth place position for Labour into a forthcoming general election landslide. Deluded :lol:

Staggering stupidity that only you could turn a fourth place position for Labour into a forthcoming general election landslide. Deluded :lol:

Landslide? Where did I say that?

Instead of making pointless strawman arguments, perhaps you could just debate like a grown up and answer the question I put to you. Where does Cameron go from here? Further to the right or stay central (relatively) and risk a split party and electoral disaster?

Also, what's your stance on GP-led commissioning which the vast majority of GPs don't want?

Had an hour and am not going to lie to you. I'm fucking knackered.

It's far easier to just ride it out and not have any sleep at all. It sends you a bit mad but there's no way I could wake myself up properly after just an hour.

Landslide? Where did I say that?

Instead of making pointless strawman arguments, perhaps you could just debate like a grown up and answer the question I put to you. Where does Cameron go from here? Further to the right or stay central (relatively) and risk a split party and electoral disaster?

Also, what's your stance on GP-led commissioning which the vast majority of GPs don't want?

They have already started to head to the right and will continue to do so.

The lack of growth in the economy and overall lack of cuts in government spending mean that they have two alternatives.

The Labour route which is borrow and spend or more austerity.

More austerity it will be.

As for the GP issue, I know little about it and virtually never hear it discussed in public or on any of the political shows I follow. Maybe it's more of an issue for you given you work (ed) ??? within the NHS.

Edited by Christmas Tree

And you believe that more austerity will result in economic growth?

Worked in Canada.

Whether I believe it, or understand the finer economics is immaterial. Those that fully understand the situation know the coalition has three choices.

1. Do nothing

2. Borrow and spend

3. Cut deeper

I have said many times that this is going to be difficult given the nature of short term politics when really a 10 or 15 year program was probably more fitting.

Worked in Canada.

Canada is a completely different situation. Their debt has been steadily rocketing since the 70's and used to fund ordinary governmental spending and investment which was never sustainable. The reason they had to implement austerity was because the interest payments were killing them, 15% of their GDP was going on interest payments, compared to the UK's 3%. The UK's debt has increased largely due to the financial crisis. It's apples and oranges.

Canada's austerity cuts led to a reduction in interest rates and lowered the value of the Canadian dollar which boosted their export market. It's a very different scenario. Canada was the exception rather than the rule.

Edited by ewerk

They have already started to head to the right and will continue to do so.

The lack of growth in the economy and overall lack of cuts in government spending mean that they have two alternatives.

The Labour route which is borrow and spend or more austerity.

More austerity it will be.

As for the GP issue, I know little about it and virtually never hear it discussed in public or on any of the political shows I follow. Maybe it's more of an issue for you given you work (ed) ??? within the NHS.

You really are deluded if you think more austerity is going to win votes. Who's going to vote for that? :lol:

The ConDem's track record on the economy has been catastrophic, it's only you who can't see that. Gideon losing his precious AAA rating illustrates that perfectly, it hasn't worked on any level.

I think you're right though and Cameron will move to a more euro-sceptic position and try to directly head off UKip. He's in a no win situation though whatever he does and has no natural charisma to turn things round. Before you start harping on about 'Red Ed' I agree he's of the same ilk, but for reasons I've explained I think he's in a better position.

As for the NHS, it's all over the news man. It should be of massive concern to everyone who uses the NHS.

Worked in Canada.

Whether I believe it, or understand the finer economics is immaterial. Those that fully understand the situation know the coalition has three choices.

1. Do nothing

2. Borrow and spend

3. Cut deeper

I have said many times that this is going to be difficult given the nature of short term politics when really a 10 or 15 year program was probably more fitting.

Ahh, the old Canada argument. Idiotic.

You really are deluded if you think more austerity is going to win votes. Who's going to vote for that? :lol:

The ConDem's track record on the economy has been catastrophic, it's only you who can't see that. Gideon losing his precious AAA rating illustrates that perfectly, it hasn't worked on any level.

I think you're right though and Cameron will move to a more euro-sceptic position and try to directly head off UKip. He's in a no win situation though whatever he does and has no natural charisma to turn things round. Before you start harping on about 'Red Ed' I agree he's of the same ilk, but for reasons I've explained I think he's in a better position.

As for the NHS, it's all over the news man. It should be of massive concern to everyone who uses the NHS.

Of course you know what the rating agency said that if we wernt following the path we were currently on the downgrade would have been a whole lot worse.

They can't see any chance of the GLOBAL economic outlook changing anytime soon. That being the case we would be a basket case to go on a borrow and spend spree that Labour wants.

Much better to continue to reduce the amount government spends and leave more room for lowering taxes.

Of course you know what the rating agency said that if we wernt following the path we were currently on the downgrade would have been a whole lot worse.

They can't see any chance of the GLOBAL economic outlook changing anytime soon. That being the case we would be a basket case to go on a borrow and spend spree that Labour wants.

Much better to continue to reduce the amount government spends and leave more room for lowering taxes.

Gideon himself based his entire credibility around keeping the AAA rating, and he's lost it. Only an especially deluded fool can't see the significance of this.

Nearly everyone is poorer now in real terms, except bizarrely you. There's no money to spend to boost the economy. This was entirely predicted by many on this board and flatly denied by you. As every prediction comes true, you just shuffle and move the goal posts. I think it would be a much more decent thing for you to admit you haven't got a clue what you are talking about and admit you are wrong for a change. You're not going to do this so, as of today, I'd like you to make a prediction who will win the next general election. Then maybe if you're wrong you'll admit it. I think Labour will win with an outright majority. Over to you. After that I'll bow out and just wait and see.

I thought you justified the cuts partly on the basis Labour wanted them too. Where's this spending spree notion come from?

Gideon himself based his entire credibility around keeping the AAA rating, and he's lost it. Only an especially deluded fool can't see the significance of this.

Nearly everyone is poorer now in real terms, except bizarrely you. There's no money to spend to boost the economy. This was entirely predicted by many on this board and flatly denied by you. As every prediction comes true, you just shuffle and move the goal posts. I think it would be a much more decent thing for you to admit you haven't got a clue what you are talking about and admit you are wrong for a change. You're not going to do this so, as of today, I'd like you to make a prediction who will win the next general election. Then maybe if you're wrong you'll admit it. I think Labour will win with an outright majority. Over to you. After that I'll bow out and just wait and see.

Stuff like this you should write fairy tales :lol:

If it happened today I would forecast another hung parliament. As for two years away I have no idea. All depends what shapes event over the next two years ( you should know this stuff).

We could be at war with Iran, the Euro Zone could be in tatters, red ed might get hoofed. Far too early to say.

They fought the election on spending cuts / Austerity now they want to borrow and spend.

Probably because three years on the economy is in the shitter.

I thought they had only announced one policy

They're terrified to say it officially :lol: But its what there policy is going to be as revealed by every politician that speaks about it, the latest being Angela Eagle last night.