Politics

Christmas Tree

Of course we're talking about no food you fucking imbecile - why the fuck are there food banks?

Fuck me you're thick.

Do you think there is a difference between being classed as in Poverty in India compared to here.

If your answer is no then you my dear fellow are the imbecile.

Shamefully stupid comments tonight.

This statement I posted earlier (from the wiki entry for poverty), quite clearly explains the point.

u9ezy2yz.jpg

No wonder you're a tory if you really think we have to be thankful for having inside toilets - when will you get it through your head that the reason the rich take the piss is because of people like you who think a shit job is nirvana.

Never mind you can't afford meat mate - your grandparents had an outside shitter so chin up eh?

I fucking despair about people like you having a vote.

Goods unimaginable to those in poverty in the 1900's. shoes, glasses, underwear, washing machines, baths, showers, radiators, boilers, ovens, sinks, toilets, paracetemol, inuprofen, inhalers, toothbrushes, soap, beds, quilts, double glazing, a bike, a scooter, books, pens, fresh fruit, fresh fish, fresh bread, fresh anything. If you think having these things means you can't be below the poverty line you truly are a thick cunt.

Could it be possible they are referring to Ipads, HDTVs, cigarettes, free housing and a poor diet?

Fuck me you're thick.

Do you think there is a difference between being classed as in Poverty in India compared to here.

If your answer is no then you my dear fellow are the imbecile.

Absolutely yes, relatively no.

Do you think the rich in India compare with the rich in this country? - if you do then you just don't get it.

Dear Lord that's ignorant.

We are not comparing no food against no food we are comparing the European calculation that classifies someone as been in poverty.

Rather than simply arguing for arguments sake, maybe you should digest the points I've made and then tell me if it's the same for people in poverty in Newcastle as it is for those in poverty in India.

:lol:

Dipshit. Gone from arguing that poverty isn't as defined the world over but what you observe...to saying it's all about the European calculation.

Then got the nerve to say I argue for arguments sake.

Bored of your idiocy.

No wonder you're a tory if you really think we have to be thankful for having inside toilets - when will you get it through your head that the reason the rich take the piss is because of people like you who think a shit job is nirvana.

Never mind you can't afford meat mate - your grandparents had an outside shitter so chin up eh?

I fucking despair about people like you having a vote.

Let's be honest, you despair about everybody having a vote comrade. ;)

Absolutely yes, relatively no.

Do you think the rich in India compare with the rich in this country? - if you do then you just don't get it.

That's the whole point... Relatively doesn't matter. What matters when we are talking about poverty is food, housing, diet, healthcare.

THERE IS NO COMPARISON BETWEEN THE TWO.

We never will meet in the middle on these subjects.

I work damn fucking hard to get things a pay for me the mrs and save for my future family.

To see some undeserved scrats get everything thrown at them simply by having children twists my stomach. They deserve the wake up siren they are hearing.

Dipshit. Gone from arguing that poverty isn't as defined the world over but what you observe...to saying it's all about the European calculation.

Then got the nerve to say I argue for arguments sake.

Bored of your idiocy.

Dear me you are arguing for fucks sake. :lol:

What I've said from the OP is that the term POVERTY imo is overused.

Just because we have a European that classes someone as in poverty doesn't compare them to what most people consider poverty in the world.

A very simple point well made.

I'm out too.

We never will meet in the middle on these subjects.

I work damn fucking hard to get things a pay for me the mrs and save for my future family.

To see some undeserved scrats get everything thrown at them simply by having children twists my stomach. They deserve the wake up siren they are hearing.

What a hate filled cunt you are.

I want to say for the record that I fundamentally reject CT's stance on poverty - it does exist here, even if it isn't as widespread as the emerging economies. I'd argue that if we had to wait until we were at the same level as them before taking any action, we'd be in serious bother.

With that said, the recession has apparently managed to level the playing field a bit more, and our Gini coefficient has fallen in 2012 - which would be encouraging except that I can't shake this feeling that the super rich aren't paying for it.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/jul/10/income-gap-narrowest-margin-25-years

With that said, you may also be interested in this graph showing that Thatcher was responsible for the coefficient going through the roof while she was in power. Which I think sums up the Tory viewpoint. Sweden is at around 25%.

http://www.the-crises.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/gini-index-uk.jpg

Interesting graph that Rayvin, illustrates why I detest(ed) Thatcher and also shows what a failure New Labour were in addressing the issue which is fundamentally the most important issue any government faces. At least things stabilised under them though to an extent. There's also the serious issue of inequity caused by the North South divide to consider as well of course.

Reminds me as well what a prick Cameron is when he stated he wants to "spread privilege". Either the patronising cunt is monumentally stupid or thinks the electorate is so he can get away with this shite.

That's the whole point... Relatively doesn't matter. What matters when we are talking about poverty is food, housing, diet, healthcare.

Simple questions - if you had £20 a wwek to feed your entire family:

Would you consider yourself poor?

Would you care that bloke in India has 20p a week to feed his family?

How does the bloke in India negate the fact that your family can't eat properly?

You can say what you like, im merely telling the truth.

Not the truth, just your perception of it. The fact your stomach gets twisted because of this Daily Mail shit is canny amusing, because you're the loser here.

Simple questions - if you had £20 a wwek to feed your entire family:

Would you consider yourself poor?

Would you care that bloke in India has 20p a week to feed his family?

How does the bloke in India negate the fact that your family can't eat properly?

Where are you actually going with this?

Relatively doesn't matter. :lol:

Of course it fucking does, its literally everything. I thought you were interested in politics, if so how can you come up with this shit?

Not the truth, just your perception of it. The fact your stomach gets twisted because of this Daily Mail shit is canny amusing, because you're the loser here.

What's very amusing is that Wor Desmond only ever shows up to act the wum, he's like the fly buzzing around CT's shit, regurgitating the shit he ate from the Mail earlier.