Politics

Christmas Tree

Renton man, there's people out there pulling in £150 plus a week on tax credits.

So, I've just checked and this is essentially true. But only if you have 3+ kids and are on a full time low wage. So even with the credits you're going to be earning way less than average with the expense of having to raise three kids. I just can't see how luxury cars, ps4s, foreign holidays etc are possible in this scenario?

Are these the families I'm supposed to resent and be jealous of?

My last word on poverty.

From tonight's Hindu times.

despite rising above the poverty line, millions of Indians continue to lack access to safe water, sanitation, housing, nutrition, health and education.

No fucking comparison to Britains 13 million in poverty.

Good night fuckers.

My sisters husband fucked off to Spain with another bird, then made her and their two daughters technically homeless by demanding they sell the family home. She works full time at the local council offices and got a rented place but the rent is going up yet again, just as the eldest daughter leaves home to go to college later this year, so my sis loses family allowance etc for our Kate, and ex council flat she rents in a quiet non descript market town becomes out of her price range. Looks like she'll maybe have to move in with mum and dad (77 & 78) for a short time at least. Is she in poverty? .....

My last word on poverty.

From tonight's Hindu times.

despite rising above the poverty line, millions of Indians continue to lack access to safe water, sanitation, housing, nutrition, health and education.

No fucking comparison to Britains 13 million in poverty.

Good night fuckers.

What comfort is that to someone in this country for whom the bedroom tax means they lose £17 a week so they can't pay their electricity bill or eat every day?

So, I've just checked and this is essentially true. But only if you have 3+ kids and are on a full time low wage. So even with the credits you're going to be earning way less than average with the expense of having to raise three kids. I just can't see how luxury cars, ps4s, foreign holidays etc are possible in this scenario?

Are these the families I'm supposed to resent and be jealous of?

I'm not sure where you are going with this. All I'm doing is replying to your £13 a week benefit point.

It's far too complex a subject to argue on the Internet as there is a sliding scale from the scroungers who play the system perfectly to the genuine strugglers. Housing property is like gold dust and you can understand hard working couples frustration at being pushed down the list by pregnant teenagers.

There's no easy solutions though.

I'm not sure where you are going with this. All I'm doing is replying to your £13 a week benefit point.

It's far too complex a subject to argue on the Internet as there is a sliding scale from the scroungers who play the system perfectly to the genuine strugglers. Housing property is like gold dust and you can understand hard working couples frustration at being pushed down the list by pregnant teenagers.

Weird, you make it sound like people aspire to rent a council house. Don't most people working want to buy nowadays?

There was a documentary covering these issues a while back on BBC 1. In many areas you wouldn't want to touch the type of property these teenage mums are entitled to.

Weird, you make it sound like people aspire to rent a council house. Don't most people working want to buy nowadays?

There was a documentary covering these issues a while back on BBC 1. In many areas you wouldn't want to touch the type of property these teenage mums are entitled to.

You are so out of touch with the real world :lol:

We never will meet in the middle on these subjects.

I work damn fucking hard to get things a pay for me the mrs and save for my future family.

To see some undeserved scrats get everything thrown at them simply by having children twists my stomach. They deserve the wake up siren they are hearing.

Sigh. I work damn fucking hard too for my Mrs and current, not future family, I have no mortgage so should be laughing but in reality we're feeling the pinch, me and the Mrs will be getting each other little stocking filler type presents this Christmas, (just so the kids can see us opening a present or two), this is the reality of a lot of people out there. You go without. The Mother in law was left to hold the baby as the original Father in law fucked off, The Mrs remembers her Mother going without food regularly as their wasn't the money to go around.

Renton man, there's people out there pulling in £150 plus a week on tax credits.

Only the lowest paid of HARD WORKING families can get that.

Scroungers. Check. Hard working couples. Check. Pregnant teenagers.......BINGO!!!!! :banana:

You are so out of touch with the real world :lol:

I know a pal who sits in a freezing flat with no electricity as most of the time his 'card' runs out. His electricity is on a higher tarrif to most peoples but the card is what he can only 'afford' so he can just top up when he has some money. His fridge is fucking pitifully bare and what food he has in there is mostly pure shit from Herons in ChurchWalk. That's the real world, CT, not erdingers at 6, Wham at 8.

I know a pal who sits in a freezing flat with no electricity as most of the time his 'card' runs out. His electricity is on a higher tarrif to most peoples but the card is what he can only 'afford' so he can just top up when he has some money. His fridge is fucking pitifully bare and what food he has in there is mostly pure shit from Herons in ChurchWalk. That's the real world, CT, not erdingers at 6, Wham at 8.

Yes but people in India are poorer so your mate can't moan and isn't in fact poor at all.

Let me put it more broadly, Britain is a rich country accruing many of the stereotypical bad habits of a developing country

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/dec/09/britain-now-developing-country-foodbanks-growth

Managed decline..... Wonder where we've heard that before. ;)

It would be interesting in one of these dreary Guardian articles ever finished with "and this is how we put it right......"

If people take their political colours off, most stats change very little when measured over decades. It's a lot of tinkering around the edges.

We can do nothing about big business chasing low production costs. Not a thing.

What we can do as a country is what most of us HAVE to do during hard times which is reign the spending in, target resources better, do without some of the things we'd love to have etc etc

I have little time for those who paint this picture where everything could be rosy.

My sisters husband fucked off to Spain with another bird, then made her and their two daughters technically homeless by demanding they sell the family home. She works full time at the local council offices and got a rented place but the rent is going up yet again, just as the eldest daughter leaves home to go to college later this year, so my sis loses family allowance etc for our Kate, and ex council flat she rents in a quiet non descript market town becomes out of her price range. Looks like she'll maybe have to move in with mum and dad (77 & 78) for a short time at least. Is she in poverty? .....

I'd say so- hope things get better for her , sooner rather than later.

What we can do as a country is what most of us HAVE to do during hard times which is reign the spending in, target resources better, do without some of the things we'd love to have etc etc

Personal examples please.

Having to buy your match pies from Greggs doesn't cut it.