Politics

Christmas Tree

In a way i know what Tutu's getting at in fairness to him, i worked my arse off to get where I am, i earn a good wage.

But If i wanted help with housing or whatever i'd be told to jog on, but i know people who have the same luxury items i have, live with someone and their wages together probably get to around mine... but because they had a kid they couldn't afford after a one nights stand they have a two bedroom house+other allowances i'd have absolutely no mission of getting.

With no irony at all i'll hear them/their mates talking about all this stuff and meeting up with each other+their mates kids who have also headed down the same road, banging on about buying some sort of hybrid super pram for £700 and when can they have another bairn, get more maternity leave etc etc.

Walking stereotypes sadly with the education/background they all come from, and i know we've had the argument on here about just because your on benefits doesn't mean you shouldn't have nice things/holidays, but when you're on benefits and are buying a 7year old a £600 ps4 which hooks to your hdtv and integrates with your Sky sports package, while bairn #2 is being watched on some video monitor from his pram that costs as much as some feckers run around car... claiming poverty and wanting housing benefits is an utter piss take.

And i don't think it's a stretch to say there is an absolute shed load of people in that sort of setup

(i know there are plenty of people who do need the help and need more and i'm fine with it, but they + anyone else would receive it if we didn't have so many absolute chancers)

+1 to that. And they do deserve the hard time they are getting at the moment.

So the millionaires in india like the Venkys and the taita steel people aren't as rich as millionaires here?

There are a few in India - but there aren't the amount (percentage wise obviously as India has more people) of people comfortably well of ranging to obscenely rich as there are in the UK.

Because i bet its fuck all. But you laugh at people in good jobs who work hard.

Not really very funny is it.

:lol:

You ignorant fuckwit.

I wasn't laughing at your job, I was laughing at you.

Edit; what is it you think I do for a living?

In a way i know what Tutu's getting at in fairness to him, i worked my arse off to get where I am, i earn a good wage.

But If i wanted help with housing or whatever i'd be told to jog on, but i know people who have the same luxury items i have, live with someone and their wages together probably get to around mine... but because they had a kid they couldn't afford after a one nights stand they have a two bedroom house+other allowances i'd have absolutely no mission of getting.

With no irony at all i'll hear them/their mates talking about all this stuff and meeting up with each other+their mates kids who have also headed down the same road for lunch dates like they're outta the kardashians, banging on about buying some sort of hybrid super pram for £700 and when can they have another bairn, get more maternity leave etc etc.

Walking stereotypes sadly with the education/background they all come from, and i know we've had the argument on here about just because your on benefits doesn't mean you shouldn't have nice things/holidays, but when you're on benefits and are buying a 7year old a £600 ps4 which hooks to your hdtv and integrates with your Sky sports package, while bairn #2 is being watched on some video monitor from his pram that costs as much as some feckers run around car... claiming poverty and wanting housing benefits is an utter piss take.

And i don't think it's a stretch to say there is an absolute shed load of people in that sort of setup

(i know there are plenty of people who do need the help and need more and i'm fine with it, but they + anyone else would receive it if we didn't have so many absolute chancers)

This I just don't get unless they're criminals. What type of benefits do you think having kids entitles you to? How does the extra £13.40 a week mean you can afford £700 prams and trips abroad etc? It literally makes no sense, it barely covers uthe nappy bill.

Ant, you've got a good job and as you like to tell us you're a high flier in your field, and good for you. But feeling resentment to people earning less than half you do for getting a miserly state benefit (IMO) for their kids isn't very becoming.

This I just don't get unless they're criminals. What type of benefits do you think having kids entitles you to? How does the extra £13.40 a week mean you can afford £700 prams and trips abroad etc? It literally makes no sense, it barely covers uthe nappy bill.

Ant, you've got a good job and as you like to tell us you're a high flier in your field, and good for you. But feeling resentment to people earning less than half you do for getting a miserly state benefit (IMO) for their kids isn't very becoming.

Renton man, there's people out there pulling in £150 plus a week on tax credits.

Really? christ i know plenty, and i truly wish that was an exaggeration.

just at random i picked a street in a housing estate in town, most of these will be council houses, a lot of people on benefits and obviously (flags give it away) one of those areas you wouldn't really want to live in unless you're swaying in one direction

play spot the sky dish/expensive car with streetview http://goo.gl/maps/4ormO

and honest to god that was a pure random selection i just picked a street in the middle of the estate

What's this supposed to prove?

isn't the amount of monthly benefit tied to what you earn? just got our "benefit" from the provincial government, was so small on a monthly basis that they gave it to us in one lump sum....25$...hehehehe made me laugh.

Renton man, there's people out there pulling in £150 plus a week on tax credits.

Because they're working on a low wage and to bump it up to a living wage I assume?

I thought it was people on benefits I was supposed to hate?

Because they're working on a low wage and to bump it up to a living wage I assume?I thought it was people on benefits I was supposed to hate?

Only if they have televisions ......

...... and cake, definitely if they have cake.

We never will meet in the middle on these subjects.

I work damn fucking hard to get things a pay for me the mrs and save for my future family.

To see some undeserved scrats get everything thrown at them simply by having children twists my stomach. They deserve the wake up siren they are hearing.

Oh please