Politics

Christmas Tree

36% of the electorate voted for Brexit.

[emoji38] So they argue that even though a majority of those that voted wanted Brexit, it was only 36% of the electorate and that's not enough? Sounds like a winning strategy.

Aye, we're completely fucked basically. I agree with KCG though that Labour have nowt to lose, but still don't have the cajones to come out against Brexit. Absolutely no lessons learnt after austerity. You can't beat the Tory cunts at their own game. Grow some balls and oppose them.

Nothing learnt from the Scottish referendum either, The nationalists lost by a far larger margin than in the Brexit vote and yet it completely fucked Labour for being the same as the tories. Not allowing daylight between the two parties is what gave people the angry version of Brexit. What they should be doing is shooting it down with every opportunity, starting by publically calling out every single major lie the leave campaign gave.

[emoji38] So they argue that even though a majority of those that voted wanted Brexit, it was only 36% of the electorate and that's not enough? Sounds like a winning strategy.

No they argue that the electorate was swayed by outright lies, then they start making inroads by countering the claim of an "overwheklming majority".

Nothing learnt from the Scottish referendum either, The nationalists lost by a far larger margin than in the Brexit vote and yet it completely fucked Labour for being the same as the tories. Not allowing daylight between the two parties is what gave people the angry version of Brexit. What they should be doing is shooting it down with every opportunity, starting by publically calling out every single major lie the leave campaign gave.

This I agree with, but they've missed the boat on demonstrating that they're different on Brexit now. The Tories have played both sides of the referendum debate and effectively captured the whole debate.

Labour needs to think ahead and be creative about how to bring the people who voted out, back into the fold. Corbyn has moved the party far left enough to do this, but he hasn't conveyed his message well enough. He may never be able to, they may need someone else.

As an aside, I wonder how the PLP took the Trump election :lol: They're so far behind the times I suspect it was a bit of a shock.

Labour's best hope of avoiding decimation is probably making it a single issue election tbf.

Also agree with this. I would suggest that they make soft brexit the focal point as well, given that the Tories can't.

"You're stupid, you don't know what you wanted"

That's not what he's saying though. I think there's a potential strategy there by attacking things like the broken promises re: the NHS getting an extra £350m a week. A lot of people were pissed off when Farage admitted a day later it was a lie but he's now back to his status as cult (sic) figure and he barely seems to have been taken to task over this. I know there's more to winning an election than attacking UKIP but that's just an example.

That's not what he's saying though. I think there's a potential strategy there by attacking things like the broken promises re: the NHS getting an extra £350m a week. A lot of people were pissed off when Farage admitted a day later it was a lie but he's now back to his status as cult (sic) figure and he barely seems to have been taken to task over this. I know there's more to winning an election than attacking UKIP but that's just an example.

Fuck you white Chuck D.

You could also lump Brexit with Trump with Farage stuck up Donalds arse.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

Think I've seen a survey that suggests there are enough brexiters with buyer's remorse to sway it to remain if there was another referendum. As it was, it was close anyway.

But, if we accept we have voted leave we still need to agree what leave entails, and we should be allowed to change our minds if there is no palatable Brexit option.

All academic because May is going to bull doze this through one way or another with Corbyn's tacit backing.

I think Corbyn's fortunate in that May looks a right mong at PMQs. Her patter is as bad as her breath and she frequently looks daft under even Corbyn's relatively soft soap questioning. If he got some decent questions together he could make her look a right tit.

He turned up on something else the other day man and I was reminded again of the similarities. Mannerisms, caps and similar noses. He's got quite a white man's nose. [emoji38]

:lol: Better than reminding you of Flava Flav I guess

I think Corbyn's fortunate in that May looks a right mong at PMQs. Her patter is as bad as her breath and she frequently looks daft under even Corbyn's relatively soft soap questioning. If he got some decent questions together he could make her look a right tit.

It barely seems to matter. I think the electorate simply don't rate him as a leader. The polls are a fucking abortion for Labour atm

As I said, he did alright today.

ewerk, why is soft Brexit impossible? If what we're all saying about how a rerun of the referendum would turn up a different result is true, surely soft-Brexit allows for the kind of compromise climb down from the brink that we could all get behind. Yes, it's effectively the same as remaining in the EU, but they could come up with all kinds of reasons about how this is actually still taking back control for the benefit of the pillocks.