Politics

Christmas Tree

"In fact, there is substantial evidence emerging that the Saudis and their “coalition” allies – and, I suppose, those horrid British “advisers” – are deliberately targeting Yemen’s tiny agricultural sector in a campaign which, if successful, would lead a post-war Yemeni nation not just into starvation but total reliance on food imports for survival. Much of this would no doubt come from the Gulf states which are currently bombing the poor country to bits."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-arabia-s-bombing-of-yemeni-farmland-is-a-disgraceful-breach-of-the-geneva-conventions-a7376576.html

I mean, does this not say everything you need to know about certain sections of the PLP? I looked down the list of MPs who abstained and in fairness it's not all the usual candidates; there are some on there of course - Angela Eagle being one - but Cooper, Benn and Smith are all missing, which I assume means they voted correctly.

Here's the link to the list in case anyone's interested about their own MP's stance:

http://evolvepolitics.com/heres-a-list-of-labour-mps-who-abstained-on-a-bill-to-withdraw-support-from-saudi-arabias-murderous-war-in-yemen/

Andy Burnham is in there as well, which surprises me... I thought he was alright?

Is there actually any 'good' reason for not supporting this motion? Am I just getting carried away with my naive hyper-leftism? Surely these MPs haven't just decided to score points domestically versus Corbyn over the lives of fellow human beings elsewhere in the world?

Andy Burnham is in there as well, which surprises me... I thought he was alright?

Is there actually any 'good' reason for not supporting this motion? Am I just getting carried away with my naive hyper-leftism? Surely these MPs haven't just decided to score points domestically versus Corbyn over the lives of fellow human beings elsewhere in the world?

At a stretch some might have constituencies which have BAE jobs concerns - as if there aren't plenty other cunts to sell arms to.

At a stretch some might have constituencies which have BAE jobs concerns - as if there aren't plenty other cunts to sell arms to.

That's nowhere close to being a good reason, but on a cold, rational and entirely post-Brexit based outlook, I can just about see it.

Edited by Rayvin

Andy Burnham tweeted the other day that he didn't abstain, he just couldn't be in parliament that day for family reasons

Just watched the news where Corbyn ran away from a journalist asking what he would think of a snap election. He then hid from the media saying he was being harassed. I've always stuck up for him but that's the last straw. He is completely incapable of sensing when to strike at PMQ's and even if he could, wouldn't be able to think on his feet to do so. The Labour Party needs a strong contender to challenge him. Unfortunately I can't think of one who isn't a narcissistic prick.

And yet in 2016 was voted the eight best airport in the world.

Just took me the best part of two hours to leave terminal 2. At one point before clearing security we were stuck behind a fire door which had been closed, a bottleneck of cattle stranded until some grumpy bitch finally released us. Then massive queues to clear passport control followed by a 30 minute wait for bags. Standard.

I see the Electoral Calculus site's amalgamation of polls for the last month or so has the Tories looking at a whacking 130 seat majority were an election to be called now. Part of me thinks it would be better to get it out of the way rather than have a similar or worse result in a few years time. So much for the establishment getting kicked up the arse post-Brexit.