Politics

Christmas Tree

Brighton was worse. Half a craft ale 4.50 it came in a jar....I looked around and there were signs about everything being recycled. Jesus is there no peace anywhere?!

Csk2tmaWgAEbYfr.jpg

:lol: 

I saw that ironic jam jar thing in bars in Florida about 25 years ago anarl.

They were selling Kilner jars but with a straw and a handle in Aldi over the summer ffs. Guaranteed they went down a bomb at :quotes: CT Towers :quotes:

Unless you're loaded you're no better off financially though. I suspect it's much more to do with being stuck in a rut with most.

It's the best place to be if you enjoy getting stuck into a rut, too, which is one reason we're still here. (Also country music gigs and tons of direct flight options for random city breaks in Eastern Europe, though we'll see how long the latter lasts...)

We'd definitely be better off living elsewhere, no question. But that's not everything, and as long as you're aware of that I reckon it's OK. There's a lot of people in London who are basically this meme in living form though.

I saw that ironic jam jar thing in bars in Florida about 25 years ago anarl.

They were selling Kilner jars but with a straw and a handle in Aldi over the summer ffs. Guaranteed they went down a bomb at :quotes: CT Towers :quotes:

CT towers :lol:

Does anyone recall a schools tv programme called 'dark towers' or am I imagining it?

i agree that there's nowhere near enough investment outside of london but the people who choose to live in the capital often do so if they want to work in myriad industries that barely exist elsewhere in the country. i'm sure plenty of people who live in london would leave the city in droves if they could further their career somewhere else. the quality of life here is shit on many levels and being shafted by yet more aircraft noise and pollution is just another in a long list. 

Was in London for 3 years before I came back to Ireland and loved everything about it.

Maybe it's about being used to Irish infrastructure and rural France, or maybe you need to move?  I was in N11 fwiw.

Was in London for 3 years before I came back to Ireland and loved everything about it.

Maybe it's about being used to Irish infrastructure and rural France, or maybe you need to move?  I was in N11 fwiw.

there's plenty about it that's mint, particularly when you're younger. i wouldn't have wanted to live anywhere else in the country in my 20s. i don't feel like i make the most of being here anymore though now i'm married with two kids. it's hard not to be tempted to move somewhere where you can't hear your neighbours coughing, or have to endure a daily grind of a commute on southern trains.  

That site "give me plates" or whatever is hilarious. Varsity serving food up in a dog dish was my favourite.

We Want Plates. Was just on about that at work today as someone was slagging off The Botanist in town (which as on there a while back).

there's plenty about it that's mint, particularly when you're younger. i wouldn't have wanted to live anywhere else in the country in my 20s. i don't feel like i make the most of being here anymore though now i'm married with two kids. it's hard not to be tempted to move somewhere where you can't hear your neighbours coughing, or have to endure a daily grind of a commute on southern trains.  

We were in an old mental asylum and the Victorians(?)  knew how to build things, so you could hear feck all of the neighbours.

Probably would have throttled someone if it was that bad.

Next-door neighbours in our 1960s semi are in their 80s, so pretty quiet, and half deaf, so we never have to worry about making too much noise ourselves. Then again we do live right next to a train line, so it's swings and earmuffs.

the walls in my victorian terrace are paper thin

My only experience with Victorian is large buildings tbf.  Any chance they were once part of the same building?

I remember working construction on UCH one summer when I was 18 or 19 and the Kango would go through the modern brick like butter and the original brick was a nightmare, sparks flying etc.

CT towers :lol:

Does anyone recall a schools tv programme called 'dark towers' or am I imagining it?

Yes, think it had a character called Wordy that would explain words from the story. Was on tv in the morning and I think they showed it at school, late 70s.