Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Roses are red Violets are blue Please vote for Labour Unless you're a Jew

But surely.....    

Word ...          

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I’ve become an influencer overnight and I don’t know what to do 

Nicely done! 40k likes. Might even have reassured a few people to vote the right way. In a single tweet you've been more constructive to the cause than the rest of us in the past few years :lol:

The Fish would hate that :D

Edited by Rayvin
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
8 hours ago, Tom said:

I’ve become an influencer overnight and I don’t know what to do 

Do you like sarcasm from people who hate people and are completely apathetic about the topic they signed up for? then we're the site for you Toontastic.net for all your needs!

you're now our SEO improvement plan :lol: 

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Labour need to pipe the fuck down with their attacks on the Lib Dems. They're not going to swing anyone. The Lib Dems at least have some kind of need to seem anti-Labour since they're targeting Tories.

You need to check out what the libs are doing with that best for Britain site. 

They are 100% going for a tory coalition. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, NJS said:

You realise that Best for Britain are not aligned to any particular party? You can level a lot of accusations at the Lib Dems but the shit that the tactical voting site has got is ridiculous.

It's a reasonable conclusion given some of the advice. 

Reccomending the LDs in places they got 4% in 2017 based on the eu election results seems a stretch. 

They were boosting the numbers where they said they were reccomending labour by naming them in NI before someone called them on it and they changed them. 

Jacob Rees Mogg: 'Grenfell victims died because they were stupid'.

‘The more one’s read over the weekend about the report and about the chances of people surviving, if you just ignore what you’re told and leave you are so much safer. ‘And I think if either of us were in a fire, whatever the fire brigade said, we would leave the burning building. It just seems the common sense thing to do. And it is such a tragedy that that didn’t happen.’

• Jaysus... 1
1 minute ago, NJS said:

It's a reasonable conclusion given some of the advice. 

Reccomending the LDs in places they got 4% in 2017 based on the eu election results seems a stretch. 

They were boosting the numbers where they said they were reccomending labour by naming them in NI before someone called them on it and they changed them. 

They used a MRP model which has been shown to deliver much more accurate results in recent times that traditional polling. 

You also have to remember that the Lib Dems are currently polling at over twice what they were in 2017 while Labour are polling lower than they were five weeks out from the 2017 GE.

Anyway, the raw data is here if you're in any way interested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vf2iQOKjc6Lk7tTcTpRgEFFLIV-GoTIpj9ldtg8400k/edit#gid=1377832468

1 hour ago, NJS said:

It's just impossible that this could be the case. What do they do about Brexit in a coalition exactly? Ignoring the fact that, if they did this, they would once again spurn all of the gains they've made in voters by being a soft left option.

I refuse to believe that the LDs are so myopic that they could be unaware that coalition with the Tories would utterly ruin them, a mere 5 years after the last time they tried it utterly ruined them.

They're going for Tory voters. As they should be.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It's just impossible that this could be the case. What do they do about Brexit in a coalition exactly? Ignoring the fact that, if they did this, they would once again spurn all of the gains they've made in voters by being a soft left option.

I refuse to believe that the LDs are so myopic that they could be unaware that coalition with the Tories would utterly ruin them, a mere 5 years after the last time they tried it utterly ruined them.

They're going for Tory voters. As they should be.

No, they're going for Labour - Swinson described the Johnson vs Corbyn debate as two leavers on a stage - the way they are still saying Labour will leave is a clear appeal for the remain vote which of it works will simply hand the tories power by costing Labour seats like Canterbury and Kensington. 

Theyve now said they wouldn't have/won't work with Gordon Brown, Ed Milliband and Jeremy Corbyn - given that range who the hell do you think they would work with? 

2 minutes ago, NJS said:

No, they're going for Labour - Swinson described the Johnson vs Corbyn debate as two leavers on a stage - the way they are still saying Labour will leave is a clear appeal for the remain vote which of it works will simply hand the tories power by costing Labour seats like Canterbury and Kensington. 

Theyve now said they wouldn't have/won't work with Gordon Brown, Ed Milliband and Jeremy Corbyn - given that range who the hell do you think they would work with? 

It's been pointed out they have to say this to win over tory defectors. It's simple politicking But after a GE I think they definitely would form a coalition with the left and absolutely no chance they would do this with the tories again.

Your problem NJS is that you lump anybody who is centrist into the same category as the tories, who are now an extremist party. The LDs are infinitely preferable to the tories. I would have no hesitation voting for them tactically to keep out Johnson, none whatsoever.

7 minutes ago, NJS said:

It’s true though, both Corbyn and Johnson are Leavers.

Their tactical voting site recommends voting Labour on 380 seats, Lib Dem in 175 seats. 

I was looking at the data for Hexham earlier, where they're recommending a Lib Dem vote even though the Labour candidate was a very comfortable second in 2017.

So a perfect example of one of the seats where they're supposedly fucking up. But the point is that their underlying data shows that, in the absence of tactical voting, Labour and Lib Dem will almost exactly share the vote in this seat this time around (hugely different to 2017 and a perfect example of why looking at they 2017 result is fundamentally flawed). And the way to maximise the remain vote, per their analysis, is to ask people to switch to Lib Dem, not Labour (presumably because soft Tories/Tory remainers will NEVER vote for Corbyn).

As it happens, even with tactical voting, the seat is still projected to remain a fairly comfortable Tory win. 

I think Swinson's comments on other matters suggest she's more tory leaning than the general perfectly decent Liberal democrat. That's why I don't trust her. 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's been pointed out they have to say this to win over tory defectors. It's simple politicking But after a GE I think they definitely would form a coalition with the left and absolutely no chance they would do this with the tories again.

Your problem NJS is that you lump anybody who is centrist into the same category as the tories, who are now an extremist party. The LDs are infinitely preferable to the tories. I would have no hesitation voting for them tactically to keep out Johnson, none whatsoever.