Only in America

The Fish

31 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

How dare you attack me, a pansexual, like this? 

You're cancelled.

I took a vaccination against your bullshit, so I'm immune.

5 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

We do mate we just self medicate and stfu about them. 

"How's you?"

"A bit down tbh my anxiety levels are above pre-pandemic levels"

Nobody cares.

Sounds super healthy and not at all the reason you are the person most likely to be on tv as the police usher you into the back of a paddy wagon with your hard drive in a little see-through plastic bag.

3 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Well he mostly sings these days, has expressed views that rock-rap is dead and is clearly just pandering to an audience. I mean we (the west) are raising a generation of pussies though. Whilst China limits screentimes and is raising it's kids to excel, American parents are putting their young children through gender reassignment. 

That's the first I'd known of that track. Is there an album?

China limits screentime because it has a nation of video game addicts. Moreover, your average Chinese young person has had a lifetime of coddling through being an only child, so much so that it has given rise to the label of 'little princes and princesses'. When I was out there I taught English to a few of them and while it's very anecdotal, they did not strike me as a particularly driven bunch.

And while you may call the people we raise on the west 'pussies' I would prefer to see them as 'emotionally developed people who are able to look compassionately at the lives of others, and also attempt to deal with their own personal damage in order to make their lives better in the long run'. Yes there'll be some who go too far, but you don't actually meet very many of those, day to day, in my experience. It's more something that youtube channels get worked up about, rather than being real.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

China limits screentime because it has a nation of video game addicts. Moreover, your average Chinese young person has had a lifetime of coddling through being an only child, so much so that it has given rise to the label of 'little princes and princesses'. When I was out there I taught English to a few of them and while it's very anecdotal, they did not strike me as a particularly driven bunch.

And while you may call the people we raise on the west 'pussies' I would prefer to see them as 'emotionally developed people who are able to look compassionately at the lives of others, and also attempt to deal with their own personal damage in order to make their lives better in the long run'. Yes there'll be some who go too far, but you don't actually meet very many of those, day to day, in my experience. It's more something that youtube channels get worked up about, rather than being real.

Real is the freight train of economic growth China experiences year on year. I've got a lump of my pension in a China fund now. Stick yours in some sort of progressive emotional intelligence fund. 

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Real is the freight train of economic growth China experiences year on year. I've got a lump of my pension in a China fund now. Stick yours in some sort of progressive emotional intelligence fund. 

I mean I do - I have a therapist. And consequently I've been able to develop my career in such a way that anxiety hasn't held me back. Good investment IMO.

Given that China is working towards increasing wages across it's people, it'll be growing at similar levels to the rest of us in the end. It's booming cos it's cheap, not cos it's more driven.

8 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

You know China's GDP has dropped every year since 2010 right?

ChinaGDP.PNG

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves
  • Like 1

I feel like that graph more or less reinforces what I just said, so I'm going to call it here ;) 

The rate of growth is falling, it's just a typo from KCG that he's not added the word growth. It's clearly visible on the actual graph though.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I feel like that graph more or less reinforces what I just said, so I'm going to call it here ;) 

The rate of growth is falling, it's just a knowledge gap from KCG that he's not added the word growth. It's clearly visible on the actual graph though.

Fyp