Living room colour scheme

Christmas Tree

:lol: That'll be right.

Leaving the UK is a fair idea mind you, I've nothing holding me here (in terms of kids) and I reckon my g/f would move. Gah I'm gonna spend all weekend wondering about this now..!!

Spanish and Italian are piss easy to learn (1 year) and property is dirt cheap most places apart from say Barcelona or Madrid/Rome. Loads of sunshine and better food. Council taxes, house prices, energy costs, property taxes are the highest in europe by a country mile.

Edited by Park Life

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever I've thought about emigrating, it's always been to Canada - maybe Oz since that's my ancestral homeland :lol:

I'll give it thought. I speak Chinese though, I could move to Hong Kong potentially (In my dreams)..

Edited by Rayvin

Try the Czech Republic, cheap as chips and the fanny is top notch.

:good:

I was offered a hop farm about 5 years ago for about 60k with a house and two outhouses and a malting inc...:lol: About an hour from Prague. You couldn't get a garage for that in England.

Whenever I've thought about emigrating, it's always been to Canada - maybe Oz since that's my ancestral homeland :lol:

I'll give it thought. I speak Chinese though, I could move to Hong Kong potentially (In my dreams)..

Malaysia and Singapore? Loads of footie on the telly. :lol:

Asian tiger. ;)

Edited by Park Life

Spanish and Italian are piss easy to learn (1 year) and property is dirt cheap most places apart from say Barcelona or Madrid/Rome. Loads of sunshine and better food. Council taxes, house prices, energy costs, property taxes are the highest in europe by a country mile.

Dunno about the rest but energy charges aren't the highest here. Need less heating in the Med though I guess. Personally think buying in Spain is a massive risk now.

Dunno about the rest but energy charges aren't the highest here. Need less heating in the Med though I guess. Personally think buying in Spain is a massive risk now.

Yeah Spain is a bit risky right now. But cheap cause of that. If I was in my twenties I simply wouldn't live in the UK. The expense of so many things is just ridiculous. Where I live is one of the most expensive cities in Germany yet still I'd say 20% cheaper than all the day to day stuff (beer half price) compared to the UK. I mean I can get a day pass and travel all over the city on U-bahn and bus for about 3.50... :lol: That's two stops on the underground in London iirc.

I'd fly straight over if there was summat wrong with me mind. ;)

Edited by Park Life

I mean I can get a day pass and travel all over the city on U-bahn and bus for about 3.50... :lol:

€5.90 (€7.30 if you want to travel before 9am).

That's two stops on the underground in London iirc.

£2.20 to go anywhere in Zone 1. And if you choose to go two stops by Tube rather than walking it, none of the supplements in the world will help you. ;)

I wonder if it'll have an impact on the fare structure like in Lahndan (paper single tickets rendered largely obsolete by making it much cheaper to use Oyster). The Metro could use it - I travelled from Lewisham to just past Twickenham for £3 each way today. Regent Centre to Haymarket is £2.60 now I think. :lol:

€5.90 (€7.30 if you want to travel before 9am).

£2.20 to go anywhere in Zone 1. And if you choose to go two stops by Tube rather than walking it, none of the supplements in the world will help you. ;)

Yeah you're right the conversion would be about 4.80p for a HH travelcard after 9am. What is it in London now for an off peak travel card all zones 7.50?

My general point is that when I'm in London I'm genuinely shocked at the price of some things compared to one of the most expensive cities in Germany (Hamburg). ;)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/london-comes-top-in-study-of-the-worlds-most-expensive-cities-to-live-in-9042233.html

Edited by Park Life

My general point is that when I'm in London I'm genuinely shocked at the price of some things compared to one of the most expensive cities in Germany (Hamburg). ;)

Aye, I just wanted to pick you up on your irresponsible use of figures really ;), you'll get no argument from me that some things in London can be eye-wateringly expensive. All the more so as a tourist/traveller I guess.

Speaking of Hamburg, I'm on a whistlestop trip next month, you up for a coffee Georg-side if our respective schedules allow?

Aye, I just wanted to pick you up on your irresponsible use of figures really ;), you'll get no argument from me that some things in London can be eye-wateringly expensive. All the more so as a tourist/traveller I guess.

Speaking of Hamburg, I'm on a whistlestop trip next month, you up for a coffee Georg-side if our respective schedules allow?

Always a pleasure sweetie.