What's your current Phone?

Christmas Tree

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you and HF talking about how customisable it is, what exactly are you fooling around with? The email programs? The backgrounds? :lol:

Surely you can change the background on any phone!!

For me it means removing the google search bar from the home screen, dropping the number of screens down to 2, setting the grid to display 7*5 objects rather than 5*4, using a small Google Now widget at the top of the screen rather than the Now launcher that is standard on the Nexus, removing half of the google apps I'll never use from the phone entirely which are locked in on some most android models, switching the actions on the menu button or the back button so a long press opens the camera or contacts list etc.

Surely you can change the background on any phone!!

For me it means removing the google search bar from the home screen, dropping the number of screens down to 2, setting the grid to display 7*5 objects rather than 5*4, using a small Google Now widget at the top of the screen rather than the Now launcher that is standard on the Nexus, removing half of the google apps I'll never use from the phone entirely which are locked in on some most android models, switching the actions on the menu button or the back button so a long press opens the camera or contacts list etc.

Course you can, I was being facetious.

Ah fair enough. I'm not bothered enough by the bog standard set up (not that it's a good or bad thing) to seek out the added malleability(is that the right word?) that you're getting with this phone.

• 2 weeks later...

Oneplus 2 arrived on Monday. I sold it this morning.

I was hit by the stark realisation that I could get the same new phone feeling simply by factory restoring my existing oneplus 1 and building it up from scratch again. If there were performance, camera, speaker improvements then they were neglible to me.

The finger-print scanner is lush, i always doubted that feature as being any benefit, as i never use any lock on my phone anyway, but the fact that it makes opening your phone easier, while also improving security is brilliant.

I've not actually had it long enough to start a 4g goodybag with giffgaff and that might be brilliant too.

...just not brilliant enough for me to justify £300.

If your phone is on it's arse and you need a new one I highly recommend the oneplus 2. As mine isn't, i'm just going to stick with the 95% as excellent oneplus 1.

• 4 weeks later...

Am considering getting one of these....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tonbux-Unlocked-Android-1280x720-Bluetooth/dp/B0154SBSBM/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1444802420&sr=8-9&keywords=doogee

Not many reviews but for this model and a more expensive one http://www.amazon.co.uk/DOOGEE-Valencia2-FDD-LTE-MTK6735-Android/dp/B012GNIJCY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1444802420&sr=8-1&keywords=doogee they're all very positive..anyone had one/knows much about them?....am I right in saying they come with the latest version of Android?..

• 5 weeks later...

Got myself an iPhone 6s Plus.

Best new feature for me is the news feed which aggregates your favourite papers/websites into a Twitter type feed. I'm sure there were apps that could already do that for you and it's probably on all iPhones in the latest iOS but it's still good

You are one flip-flopping motherfucker. Go back 20 pages and we'll find you roundly mocking iPhone users for being suckered in to paying over the top, and here you are buying their most expensive handset. :razz:

It's "I've given up my season ticket" all over again.

You are one flip-flopping motherfucker. Go back 20 pages and we'll find you roundly mocking iPhone users for being suckered in to paying over the top, and here you are buying their most expensive handset. :razz:

It's "I've given up my season ticket" all over again.

this is my 4th iPhone :lol:

That was about 6/7 years ago man. You'd also have a job going back 20 pages in an 8 page thread ;)

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard