What's your current Phone?

Christmas Tree

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got one :)

How is it? I mean, is it as good as the major flagships as most reviews suggest?

Really want to get one but can only get my hands on a Colour OS one at the moment which is not that appealing.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a 16gb iphone 6. I understand the iOS takes up about 3gb leaving roughly 12-13gb of 'space'

Why does my phone say I have 200mb left? I've added up all the apps in the usage list and it only comes to around 6gb. I've got half the stuff I had on my Iphone 5?

How is it? I mean, is it as good as the major flagships as most reviews suggest?

Really want to get one but can only get my hands on a Colour OS one at the moment which is not that appealing.

Can't find a fault with it yet.

I've had a Samsung s3 for nearly two years but the power drain since the last os update has been horrific. As my contract is nearly up I was starting to look around to see what's out there.

Anyway I bought a first gen Nexus 7 a few weeks ago with the intention of watching stuff at work in my dinner hour and I was stunned at how well it works. I always thought Android was a half decent os but I had no idea how crippled all the devices I've had are.

Because of that I bought a Nexus 5 with lollipop off eBay and its fantastic. I might look at a six next year but in the meantime I can't recommend "pure" Android more highly.

Edited by NJS

On the oneplus one you can go even further and uninstall Googles apps too, like newsstand and play movies :)

Loved the 4 and 5 as phones but dismissed the Nexus 6 as it's more of a phablet and they have increased the prices significantly.

On the oneplus one you can go even further and uninstall Googles apps too, like newsstand and play movies :)

Loved the 4 and 5 as phones but dismissed the Nexus 6 as it's more of a phablet and they have increased the prices significantly.

Aye - I checked out an iPhone 6 plus to get a feel for the size of a nexus 6 and was sort of okay with it but the pricing is a bit of a shock.

Lumia 1020, very pleased with it and it integrates with apps on my surface perfectly.

But fucked off with the call quality, I want to find the person responsible for ridding of external antennas and using stupid internal ones next to wifi transmitters and cut off his balls. Not so smart phones when someones been that stupid and everyones followed. was the nokia 1 cm stub that offensive?

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

lemmie know how it is, i'm due a new phone end of the month and wouldn't mind giving it a go.

Was checking eBay and the amount of people paying £400+ for the phone, or even £100 for an invite is insane, and kinda negates the entire point of buying one, if you're going spend that level of cash just buy a flagship branded phone surely.

Haha, aye. Not paying £300 off the phone price towards branding is one of the main benefits. My lass has a Samsung S6 and I'm particularly jealous of the screen which pops far better than the oneplus, and the removal of NFC is a disappointment just as payments are looking to take off, but for bloatware free, pure android, customisability & long battery life at half the price I'll live with the shortcomings.

I've not used it. I might have a look though and see if they've done anything with it since the first version which had loads of bugs and was mega-basic and missing a lot of stuff iirc.

Nowt wrong with Cyanogen though so I'm not desperate to do a full restore etc.