Earth.

wolfy

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like picking a scab.

:lol:

So out of boredom on my own part, the Earth is a convex bowl? and we're all sheep for believing it is a sphere despite the thousands of years of evidence which backs it up?

You're allowed to believe what you like, you're not allowed to refute centuries of evidence based scientific realisations without similar evidence to back it up.

That's the worst kind of arrogance.

I am allowed to refute it if I feel it's wrong or suspect it's made up nonsense. That's my prerogative. Whether you think that's arrogance or not is beside the point. It's arrogant of you to tell me that I'm not allowed to refute official lines. This is the reason why people never question it, because it's scorned upon by the people who simply accept it all for truth without physically knowing if it really is the whole truth.

I am allowed to refute it if I feel it's wrong or suspect it's made up nonsense. That's my prerogative. Whether you think that's arrogance or not is beside the point. It's arrogant of you to tell me that I'm not allowed to refute official lines. This is the reason why people never question it, because it's scorned upon by the people who simply accept it all for truth without physically knowing if it really is the whole truth.

Not if you can't back up your counter- argument with anything. You cannot, in all good conscience, call other people blind, sheep, acquiescent or liars without having evidence to back it up.

I'm not telling you that you cannot refute the official line, refute away, if you have the evidence. Scientists the world over try and refute the status quo, it's the very raison d'etre, but they do so with their findings. They don't just plug their fingers in their collective ears and say "NAHAHANAHANAHAa". The Republican party in the US would have you believe that men have had no effect on the global climate, despite reams of evidence that they have. That's at least understandable though, because they have at the very least bothered to get scientists to try and prove it.

Finally; You must stop equating these two disparate things. Disagreeing with you does not, in any way, mean that one has failed to question what has been brought before you. Disagreeing with you is, more often than not, because one has real-world experience on the subject matter; Rikko on Nuclear Subs, Fist on viewing the curvature of the Earth, me on Radios. We have the very thing that you demand; we have physical experience. You dismiss that again.

So tell me, if Physical Experience isn't sufficient, what exactly would convince you? What could provide that whole truth you seek?

Edited by The Fish

Not if you can't back up your counter- argument with anything. You cannot, in all good conscience, call other people blind, sheep, acquiescent or liars without having evidence to back it up.

I'm not telling you that you cannot refute the official line, refute away, if you have the evidence. Scientists the world over try and refute the status quo, it's the very raison d'etre, but they do so with their findings. They don't just plug their fingers in their collective ears and say "NAHAHANAHANAHAa". The Republican party in the US would have you believe that men have had no effect on the global climate, despite reams of evidence that they have. That's at least understandable though, because they have at the very least bothered to get scientists to try and prove it.

Finally; You must stop equating these two disparate things. Disagreeing with you does not, in any way, mean that one has failed to question what has been brought before you. Disagreeing with you is, more often than not, because one has real-world experience on the subject matter; Rikko on Nuclear Subs, Fist on viewing the curvature of the Earth, me on Radios. We have the very thing that you demand; we have physical experience. You dismiss that again.

So tell me, if Physical Experience isn't sufficient, what exactly would convince you? What could provide that whole truth you seek?

Physical evidence would provide me with the truth. How can I get physical evidence of what I'm questioning?

Merely saying that Rikko knows a sub is really nuclear is not evidence. You knowing how a radio works is not evidence of what Earth is. Fist saying he sees curvature from a tall building is not evidence.

I've viewed the horizon at sea and it's flat and level. That does not prove a flat Earth no more than someone saying they see a curve proves a rotating globe.

The truth of the matter is that we have simply been taught to accept what's told. Obviously is mass indoctrination, so follow the leader and do not question what is officially told and be ridiculed if you do by people who are told that anyone who goes against the grain are conspiracy nut jobs or lunatics, etc.

I'm a lunatic for simply questioning things that do not add up. That's fine, it means nothing to me, as it doesn't change what I think.

You tell me what proof you have of the Earth being a rotating globe?

Physical evidence would provide me with the truth. How can I get physical evidence of what I'm questioning?

Merely saying that Rikko knows a sub is really nuclear is not evidence. You knowing how a radio works is not evidence of what Earth is. Fist saying he sees curvature from a tall building is not evidence.

I've viewed the horizon at sea and it's flat and level. That does not prove a flat Earth no more than someone saying they see a curve proves a rotating globe.

The truth of the matter is that we have simply been taught to accept what's told. Obviously is mass indoctrination, so follow the leader and do not question what is officially told and be ridiculed if you do by people who are told that anyone who goes against the grain are conspiracy nut jobs or lunatics, etc.

I'm a lunatic for simply questioning things that do not add up. That's fine, it means nothing to me, as it doesn't change what I think.

You tell me what proof you have of the Earth being a rotating globe?

Yet again I'm going to have to remind you of the following.

Agreeing with the scientific findings does not mean it has been agreed with blindly, or without question.

Monkeys Fist, on 02 Jul 2014 - 5:44 PM, said:

Tell us what denpressure is then, Wolfy.

In your own words.

Denpressure is any dense element against atmospheric pressure, basically. That's your gravity.

Anything that goes into the atmosphere is pushing up against that atmosphere if it's more dense.

The atmosphere is simply stacked molecules in various states depending on where they are in the atmosphere, ranging from dense matter at sea level to more expanded matter the higher up it is.

Everything starts with a push up. For instance, you grow up into that pressure. You're continually pushing into the atmosphere until you stop growing, then you simply live under that pressure that is trying to bury you back into the Earth which it eventually will do over time as your body weakens against it, as it pushes down on your head. then shoulders whilst friction gripping you at your sides all the way to the solid floor. Your feet ensure you don't get pushed into the solid floor.

You weigh nothing. Your dense body has no weight. Weight is a human measurement of dense objects under pressure. Your weight is dependent on the atmospheric pressure upon your body in a push on push fight that can be phsically seen on a scale, because your body is being pushed onto that scale by the 15psi your are in as your body pushes against that.

Think of it like samson trying to push one pillar away by using the other as leverage. I don't expect you to get what I'm saying and you can keep gravity in mind f you want. The thing is. I can explain what so called gravity really is and yet the science world can't. except that it's an unknown force, yet it's believed.

Denpressure is any dense element against atmospheric pressure, basically. That's your gravity.

Anything that goes into the atmosphere is pushing up against that atmosphere if it's more dense.

The atmosphere is simply stacked molecules in various states depending on where they are in the atmosphere, ranging from dense matter at sea level to more expanded matter the higher up it is.

Everything starts with a push up. For instance, you grow up into that pressure. You're continually pushing into the atmosphere until you stop growing, then you simply live under that pressure that is trying to bury you back into the Earth which it eventually will do over time as your body weakens against it, as it pushes down on your head. then shoulders whilst friction gripping you at your sides all the way to the solid floor. Your feet ensure you don't get pushed into the solid floor.

You weigh nothing. Your dense body has no weight. Weight is a human measurement of dense objects under pressure. Your weight is dependent on the atmospheric pressure upon your body in a push on push fight that can be phsically seen on a scale, because your body is being pushed onto that scale by the 15psi your are in as your body pushes against that.

Think of it like samson trying to push one pillar away by using the other as leverage. I don't expect you to get what I'm saying and you can keep gravity in mind f you want. The thing is. I can explain what so called gravity really is and yet the science world can't. except that it's an unknown force, yet it's believed.

:spit:

Why are you coming up with this crap when you promised two years ago you would stop, not get even worse? Edited by Renton

The Fish, on 02 Jul 2014 - 6:01 PM, said:

Yet again I'm going to have to remind you of the following.

Agreeing with the scientific findings does not mean it has been agreed with blindly, or without question.

A lot of science is theory passed off as fact. It's a clever ruse because it gives scientists scope to alter findings as flaws appear, where they can say, " well, it was only a theory."

Yes, we get told it's peer reviewed and all the rest of it..but the same thing applies to the peers who review. They are merely going on the supposed best hypothesis in many cases, especially where so called space is concerned.

Of course, you could argue with me by telling me that they do know because they sent up space ships and such like. You know my thoughts on that stuff and also you cannot directly prove any of that yourself, although you can state it as fact because you can use all kinds of reasons as in, "why would they lie" or "hundreds upon hundreds of years have proved it where it's been fine tuned." You only know what they tell you where this stuff is concerned.

All I'm saying is, I question it. It's up to others whether they do or not. That's not my call and nor can I offer any full on undeniable physical proof of what I'm saying, yet no more than anyone can do for me.

I can be told to go and visit NASA or many other variations of supposed provable scientific institutes. It means nothing because no rodinary person is going anywhere near this stuff to directly prove anything, so it's a simple case of accept it. I don't accept it because it's not convincing.

Edited by wolfy

Btw, a quick Google reveals that even your idea of "denpressure" is plagiarised from some nutter from the flat earth forums. And their writing style is different to yours so it's not you. What a sad sack you are. :lol:

A lot of science is theory passed off as fact. It's a clever ruse because it gives scientists scope to alter findings as flaws appear, where they can say, " well, it was only a theory."

Yes, we get told it's peer reviewed and all the rest of it..but the same thing applies to the peers who review. They are merely going on the supposed best hypothesis in many cases, especially where so called space is concerned.

Of course, you could argue with me by telling me that they do know because they sent up space ships and such like. You know my thoughts on that stuff and also you cannot directly prove any of that yourself, although you can state it as fact because you can use all kinds of reasons as in, "why would they lie" or "hundreds upon hundreds of years have proved it where it's been fine tuned." You only know what they tell you where this stuff is concerned.

All I'm saying is, I question it. It's up to others whether they do or not. That's not my call and nor can I offer any full on undeniable physical proof of what I'm saying, yet no more than anyone can do for me.

I can be told to go and visit NASA or many other variations of supposed provable scientific institutes. It means nothing because no rodinary person is going anywhere near this stuff to directly prove anything, so it's a simple case of accept it. I don't accept it because it's not convincing.

Yet again. Accepting it, is not the same as accepting it without question.

So the great free thinker wolfy won't accept the evidence of his own eyes but will accept any random shit made up on the craziest forums of the world as being true. Whilst trying to pass the ideas off as his own, of course.....

So the great free thinker wolfy won't accept the evidence of his own eyes but will accept any random shit made up on the craziest forums of the world as being true. Whilst trying to pass the ideas off as his own, of course.....

:D

This looks familiar

Orlando-Ferguson-flat-earth-map_edit.jpg

That's fine, however, because Wolfy never saw these remarkably similar things before, so he's still a "free-thinker"

according to this statement a solid titainium ball would weigh the same as a solid polysterene ball of the same size