The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sad to hear. One of those players that could have been anything if his body would have co-operated. 27 Tests for a player of his class is way too few.

Agree with Gloomy though. Mitchell Starc has come on well in the last year or so. With Johnson and one of Cummins/Hazlewood/Siddle as the third seamer, Harris probably won't be missed all that much.

Australia's got really good depth in the seam bowler department at the moment.

Sad to hear. One of those players that could have been anything if his body would have co-operated. 27 Tests for a player of his class is way too few.

Agree with Gloomy though. Mitchell Starc has come on well in the last year or so. With Johnson and one of Cummins/Hazlewood/Siddle as the third seamer, Harris probably won't be missed all that much.

Australia's got really good depth in the seam bowler department at the moment.

Agree. That's going to be the difference between the sides I reckon this summer. You have genuine pace. We have some quality swing bowlers but they don't have the same hostility when the ball isn't wobbling.

Plus we don't have a frontline spinner like Swann to bowl us to victory like last series.

2-1 to Australia is my prediction.

Wow the Ashes start tonight. Totally forgot. I'm tipping 3-1 to Australia so game on you pommie bastards. :D

I'm Australian for the next few weeks unless England start winning in which case I'm a New Zealander again.

I'm predicting Broad,if he is facing Mitchell Thomas,will continue to take a short step back,,resulting in him throwing away his wicket before he gets hit with the ball.

Mitchell Thomas :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha. I'm born in NZ. Moved to Oz when I was 10. So I'm accepted by everybody. ;)

Should be playing for England with that criteria. Good start like :lol:

Not just saying this because I don't think we'll win but I do feel it has devalued The Ashes a little bit by playing too often recently. I understand why it's been done (to avoid a clash with an Ashes winter for England and a World Cup straight after, plus the cricket authorities not wanting too big a gap between series) but still...

Yeah. I tend to agree really. Every 18months is too much. I think it's been a bit of a mess with the CWC and I think the London Olympics effected the schedule too if I'm remembering rightly.

Once every 2 1/2 years is probably a better balance.

I would prefer that the other Test playing nations have bigger series against each other instead. I would love to see a five test series between Australia and South Africa for example.

The England/New Zealand series would have been great with one more Test too.

Yeah. I tend to agree really. Every 18months is too much. I think it's been a bit of a mess with the CWC and I think the London Olympics effected the schedule too if I'm remembering rightly.

Once every 2 1/2 years is probably a better balance.

They're going back to that from now on (I think), i.e. every four years home and every 4 years away.

Who do you play instead of Bell? I think he's probably on borrowed time a bit but seeing as KP isn't going to get picked I don't think there's too many knocking on the door.

Johnny Bairstow or Eoin Morgan are probably next in line. If we lose the next couple Piers Morgan will be leading the calls for a KP recall again.

Good recovery in the end. We may as well start Root at number 3 as he more or less been playing in that position, given the lack of runs at the top of the order recently.

Great fight back from England. Haddin dropping Root on 0 cost the Aussis big time.

Yeah I agree that there isn't really any clear replacement for Bell but he looks horribly out of nick. Probably right though, he won't be dropped because for one thing it will may start the whole KP debate again.

Looking forward to day 2. England have a chance to make an important 50 to 100 runs in the morning. Aussies need to skittle them quickly and get batting.

Wow the Ashes start tonight. Totally forgot. I'm tipping 3-1 to Australia so game on you pommie bastards. :D

I'm Australian for the next few weeks unless England start winning in which case I'm a New Zealander again.

tut!