The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought I'd seen something in the past about some money going to the player and some going to the BCCI but all the articles I've seen reporting it seem to think he gets £1.7m for the tournament.

Aye the write up about it in the Guardian says that Stokes is getting £1.7m.  I think he might have to pay something to people who helped him get that though but I suppose that the same as any athlete paying an agent.

He's getting more than Kholi and Dhoni which is the biggest surprise.  It will be interesting to see how they use him.  I think with England he has to bat a fair way down the order because of the other batsmen.  I think he could do a lot better if he was played further up.

Aye the write up about it in the Guardian says that Stokes is getting £1.7m.  I think he might have to pay something to people who helped him get that though but I suppose that the same as any athlete paying an agent.

He's getting more than Kholi and Dhoni which is the biggest surprise.  It will be interesting to see how they use him.  I think with England he has to bat a fair way down the order because of the other batsmen.  I think he could do a lot better if he was played further up.

I definitely think Stokes has got a lot more to give in the ODI format for England like. We're seeing the best of him in test matches, but we could see more from him due to how talented he is.

As you've mentioned though I don't think it's all down to him.

Good test here between India and Australia, could go either way.  Kohli kicking off with Smith for trying to take advice from the dressing room whether to review or not.  Pretty pathetic from the Aussie commentators saying Smith might not have known the rules.  He's been playing with DRS for a lot longer than India have. 

Proper skittled, it might as well have been me batting. Shame because if they won this we might have seen Ken posting from rehab

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised at the initial proposal of allowing only three overseas players too. Thought there would be a lot more, although probably gives more clout for the franchises to offer obscene money to your Kohlis etc.

Michael Vaughan can fuck off getting behind the idea of playing some World Cup games in the Olympic Stadium like. Perhaps if they want to take matches away from Lords or the Oval then absolutely crack on with it, but there's not a chance that they'd do that. They'd just end up taking games away from a region that could really do with having the exposure of games.