The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I see Saqlain isn't coaching the spinners at the moment, he's returning for the ODIs though. Seems a baffling decision, especially when Rashid had improved so much before this match.

His average for the calendar year is unbelievable. They were just saying on TMS that he's scored more runs than Root, his nearest rival, in something like 12 fewer innings.

He hasn't done it in all conditions yet but it's probably just a matter of time.

Which idiots said 400 was a good score?

Didn't see any of Indias batting this morning but regardless of any arguments about our selection, going off yesterday alone, they've batted really well and Ashwin and Jadeja were just miles better than our spinners.

England's knack of throwing away games is unparalleled. Is there a poorer team in world cricket at wrapping up the lower order?

Though you have to say that's a quality knock from Kohli

Couldn't even make them bat again ffs.

Time for Cook to step aside and concentrate on his batting perhaps. Not that a different captain would have had a much bigger impact on the series. Faults lie with the selectors and the personnel.

I think he may well step down and I think it would probably see his batting improve. You can totally understand why he'd want to ease some of the pressure on himself and go back to just being an ordinary member of the side.

arguably could be the answer at 3. open with with three openers. 

I think they'll go with Jennings at 3 next summer. Problem is in predicting the team after this series is there's ages between the final test in India and the next one so loads can happen in terms of form, etc. between now and then (next July iirc)