Ostentatious breastfeeding

Meenzer

So apparently there's a whole debate about breastfeeding in public unfolding following the Shroud of Claridge's incident. Is Farage right that mothers should sit in the corner and not breastfeed "ostentatiously", or is that just an excuse for prudes and the offended-about-everything brigade to hide behind? Does seeing a woman breastfeeding in a public place make you think "aww, the future of humanity" or "for heaven's sake, I am trying to eat my crème caramel in peace here"? Who needs to be more understanding to whom?

people who get feel uncomfortable about seeing a woman breastfeed her child in public need to get a grip.

Absolutely spot on that, for fucks sake! what's more natural than a mother feeding her baby.

i don't get why it's something to be ashamed of. if someone feels uncomfortable at the sight of a woman breastfeeding a child it's their problem - they should look away or leave the vicinity. why make the mother feel uncomfortable?

we're still such a prudish society, it's hard to believe actually that this is still an issue. there is nothing at all sexual about feeding a child and you see more flesh at the beach. shall we ask sunbathers to cover up too?

If Farage says something I immediately think the opposite is the correct thing to do. Ergo women should do it as ostentatiously (sp) as is humanly possible. With disco lights and music.

with bells on :lol:

I was in the waiting room at the doctors the other week and a lady started breastfeeding. No one was remotely bothered apart from the one lecherous old man who looked like he was about to explode out of his neck brace.

i don't get why it's something to be ashamed of. if someone feels uncomfortable at the sight of a woman breastfeeding a child it's their problem - they should look away or leave the vicinity. why make the mother feel uncomfortable?

we're still such a prudish society, it's hard to believe actually that this is still an issue. there is nothing at all sexual about feeding a child and you see more flesh at the beach. shall we ask sunbathers to cover up too?

This.

If women didn't keep them covered up all the time then we wouldn't notice them at all. Okay, maybe for the first week or two in this new utitpia, but after that it'd be no different to looking at your face or your handbag.

If women didn't keep them covered up all the time then we wouldn't notice them at all. Okay, maybe for the first week or two in this new utitpia, but after that it'd be no different to looking at your face or your handbag.

Wasn't it Family Guy?

"Why do women have breasts? - so men have something to look at while pretending to listen to them"