Terrorism

aimaad22

In intriguing news, Canada is passing an anti-Islamophobia motion in which the government will single out Islam for special treatment under governmental policy, and to crack down on criticisms of it.

Because that's the way to go here.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/canada-parliament-anti-islamophobia-motion-pass-muslim-irqa-khalid-david-anderson-racism-faith-a7647851.html

The equivalency police want a word with you :huh:

I'm not equating. I'm saying one demands much more of a response than the other. The one that's getting none. While a terrible tragedy is used to shift an agenda that impacts relatively few.

What a load of horse shit from the Canadians

''But the amendment was rejected by Liberals.''  ;)

*To include all religions.

Lot of hoo ha when you think Muslims are only 3% of the population.

Edited by Park Life

In intriguing news, Canada is passing an anti-Islamophobia motion in which the government will single out Islam for special treatment under governmental policy, and to crack down on criticisms of it.

Because that's the way to go here.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/canada-parliament-anti-islamophobia-motion-pass-muslim-irqa-khalid-david-anderson-racism-faith-a7647851.html

Absolutely crazy by the Canadians. I liked this comment just below the main article. The last line is a link to a spot on by Rowant Atkinson:

"It is weird to see a modern country making a law, against a newly invented word even the inventor agree is wrong.

"Islamophobic Is A Word Created By Fascists, And Used By Cowards, To Manipulate Morons"

Bill Maher

"Islamophobia

An original argument constructed to counter a concept.

The Concept: Islamophobia; its definition and its application.

Advocates: Unworldly Liberals

The Argument: Islamophobia is an incompetent term with a haphazard definition which can potentially be used to slander critics as bigots.

Advocates' Faults: Misplaced contempt and the straw man fallacy."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUJefiibHL4

"Islamophobia: An Oxymoron to Intimidate the Critics of Islam

Islamophobia is a term used by certain groups of Muslim apologists in order to protect Muslims from scrutiny. However, rather than protecting a group of people against bigotry, the term merely acts as a way to silence critics who raise valid points about the real and troubling aspects of Islam."

http://www.atheistrepublic.com/blog/arminnavabi/islamophobia-oxymoron-intimidate-critics-islam

"An inaccurate word

Have you ever heard of Christianophobia, or Hindiphobia, or Atheistophobia?"

https://lawyerssecularsociety.wordpress.com/2015/03/03/islamophobia-an-absurd-term/

"Trevor Phillips is finally discovering the pitfalls of the term ‘Islamophobia’

"Britain desperately wants to think of its Muslims as versions of the Great British Bake Off winner Nadiya Hussain, or the cheeky-chappie athlete Mo Farah. But thanks to the most detailed and comprehensive survey of British Muslim opinion yet conducted, we now know that just isn’t how it is."

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/04/trevor-phillips-is-finally-discovering-the-pitfalls-of-the-term-islamophobia/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiW1NP3UYAAdPzu.jpg"

Aye, I saw that post too. I know I get stick on here for complaining about SJWs and the regressive wing of leftist politics, but Canada is the nation that most closely encapsulates their value systems. So it's not an entirely surprising move from them, especially with Trudeau in charge.

Aye, I saw that post too. I know I get stick on here for complaining about SJWs and the regressive wing of leftist politics, but Canada is the nation that most closely encapsulates their value systems. So it's not an entirely surprising move from them, especially with Trudeau in charge.

You'd love Jordan Peterson on Joe Rogan's podcast (can get it on youtube iirc). He's a Canadian professor and his craic was that SJW are taking over Canada. Of course you have to stomach Rogan being canny annoying, Peterson comes out with some fairly dodgy stuff in all iirc. No idea how much of it is true because I've never even been to Canada let alone lived there I just remembered the podcast and you saying that brought it up.

You'd love Jordan Peterson on Joe Rogan's podcast (can get it on youtube iirc). He's a Canadian professor and his craic was that SJW are taking over Canada. Of course you have to stomach Rogan being canny annoying, Peterson comes out with some fairly dodgy stuff in all iirc. No idea how much of it is true because I've never even been to Canada let alone lived there I just remembered the podcast and you saying that brought it up.

Peterson I've encountered before - I'm not in a position to judge him really in an academic sense as he's clearly more well informed than I am. He does appear to be in middle of the 'culture war' out there, though.

I mean, to be fair to him, the videos I've seen of people literally just screaming over the top of him as he attempts to have rational discussions with willing students in an academic environment is frankly pathetic. Seems to be some suggestion that he might be charged with hate crimes soon for not using people's preferred personal pronouns :D It's all very dramatic.

That's alright, Rayvin's probably never been to Canada or lived there either

I haven't. Not sure what bearing that has on anything given that my judgements were based on Canada's government policies rather than an assessment of their populace. For clarity though, I don't think Canadians in general are left wing regressives. I just think that their government is a firm advocate of such things. But then, that's just based on what I read in the MSM, so who knows? ;)

It is all dramatic aye. I heard him talking about how people just yell over him during these debates he puts on, mind going off his craic on the podcast I've little to no doubt he's provoking them a bit :lol: I'm sure a fair amount of them are also being a bit precious as well though. Whatever the case Joe Rogan was mind numbingly annoying throughout.

Not looked at Joe Rogan before. I guess I could give it a look but you haven't exactly sold him here :lol:

The thing with Peterson is that he seems to be a freedom of speech advocate in the truest sense, and simply won't be told what he can and can't say - and that principle alone has landed him in his coveted position as Canadian SJW's Most Wanted. It's laughable in my view, given that cavernous gap in intellect between him and the muppets chanting slogans at him while he tries to talk. I don't know how widespread this sort of thing is, but it does occasionally appear that certain universities in North America are being taken over by these people, and that they're subjecting everything to ideological purity tests. Looks almost religious in terms of how they operate.

Have to say mind, Peterson is a bit of an awkward orator. Not entirely sure he's quite realised what he's gotten himself into here.

Edited by Rayvin

Rogan is okay really, he just starts to get on your nerves if you listen too often as you'll find he gets fixated on certain things and obsesses over them. He can also be a conspiracy theory nut at times.

I think you're right about Peterson getting himself in over his head a bit, he is no doubt an intelligent bloke but I think he's a bit awkward like you've said. It's like any argument over this type of thing imo, the people on the extremes of either side of the argument are being a bit ridiculous. Like Peterson makes some points that are hard to disagree with but then likens some of these people to the regime that engaged in (actual) extermination of certain social classes in Communist Russia, and of course Rogan isn't really going "do you not think that's a bit much" he's encouraging it so it does get a bit dicey. 

Edited by Howay

Peterson I've encountered before - I'm not in a position to judge him really in an academic sense as he's clearly more well informed than I am. He does appear to be in middle of the 'culture war' out there, though.

I mean, to be fair to him, the videos I've seen of people literally just screaming over the top of him as he attempts to have rational discussions with willing students in an academic environment is frankly pathetic. Seems to be some suggestion that he might be charged with hate crimes soon for not using people's preferred personal pronouns :D It's all very dramatic.

His refusal to cow tow to every little nuance and ever changing whims of the loony SJW's/LGBT has seen him subjected to the full on blow back of the snowflake glitterati and privelegeed ensconed students plus NEETS - LARPING. :D

There is some hilarious stuff on U tubular.

*Not in education, employment or training.

*Live action role play.

Edited by Park Life

His refusal to cow tow to every little nuance and ever changing whims of the loony SJW's/LGBT has seen him subjected to the full on blow back of the snowflake glitterati and privelegeed ensconed students plus NEETS - LARPING. :D

There is some hilarious stuff on U tubular.

*Not in education, employment or training.

*Live action role play.

Your pose is increasingly reminiscent of that Milo wanker, you know. Is ithat intentional?

Your pose is increasingly reminiscent of that Milo wanker, you know. Is ithat intentional?

Nothing to do with me mate. This is what is going on in Universities all over the place. I mean how are you meant to cater for students who say one day they feel female and on other days male...How can a professor keep track?

Edited by Park Life