Terrorism

aimaad22

That's a fair enough comment which I don't think anyone was disputing. It was just a response to your response to Rayvin. The point is that you'd probably have to curtail personal freedoms to a far greater extent to completely rule out the possibility of something like this (probably beyond the range of what is currently even possible, even if you wanted to do it). I think that was Rayvin's point.

i doubt even with a massive crackdown on civil liberties could prevent the kind of thing we saw yesterday from occurring again. it's an ongoing threat that is unfortunately something we have to live with today but the risk seems small, thanks in main to the job the security agencies are doing. 

I find it interesting that he was 52 - perceived wisdom is that first/second generation Muslims are more integrated and its disaffected younger people that are more prone to radicalisation. It looks like he was generally a thug which might be a factor - being naturally violent might have made him more prone.

Do they really consider us friends?

I don't think they consider us assets. Maybe you could argue somewhere between the two.

Edited by Rayvin