Syriza test case.

Park Life

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesnt help the devaluation. Its not just my market, its any export market.

Take a car worth 25k euros. Say 1 euro = 500 drachma.

The car costs the Greek purchaser 12.5m Drachma which he will have to use to purchase the car in euros.

Now the exchange rate goes to 1 euro = 1000 drachma (very likely).

Now you sell the car back to Europe. If you sell it at 12.5m drachma, the cost to the European purchaser is now 12.5k euros or half price.

Fuck, basically.

I get your point. I'm guessing that a rationing of the supply to Greece won't help. An EU exit with restrictions on imports from Greece sounds like your best bet.

BRICS is an acronym, not an organisation :lol:

Indeed ewerk, I'm thinking right now that demand-managed distribution is the first step because we have no idea how the political situation will play out. Import duties and the like will play out at the EU Commission level as a broad economic piece. We're going to get hit in the short-term without a doubt and its not just the Greek market thats on the table, its everywhere that Greek distribution networks are linked into. Medium term it will resolve itself, for sure.

Regarding the important stuff, will holidaying in the Greek Isles be cheaper?

Thank Christ someone's on the ball with the real issues.

BRICS is an acronym, not an organisation :lol:

Indeed ewerk, I'm thinking right now that demand-managed distribution is the first step because we have no idea how the political situation will play out. Import duties and the like will play out at the EU Commission level as a broad economic piece. We're going to get hit in the short-term without a doubt and its not just the Greek market thats on the table, its everywhere that Greek distribution networks are linked into. Medium term it will resolve itself, for sure.

Chez, there's a business section on BBC breakfast around 5.30 where they always have a financial expert on reviewing the papers. Any chance you can go on next time you're in London so we can see you in action?

Thank Christ someone's on the ball with the real issues.

Chez, there's a business section on BBC breakfast around 5.30 where they always have a financial expert on reviewing the papers. Any chance you can go on next time you're in London so we can see you in action?

Far too early in the morning for me, the best you get out of me at that time is a scratch of me knackers and a few swear words.

Far too early in the morning for me, the best you get out of me at that time is a scratch of me knackers and a few swear words.

Ah! A bit like Gemmill on the metro reading Jilly Cooper, then?

well the Greek Govt really know how to make friends and influence people.........................

You have to be Grade 1 T** to make the EU decide not to compromise TBH

Asian markets open euro getting smashed all over the place. Will be 1.50 to the pound by end of play tomorrow. If you have ways of converting into euro do it.

ECB will start defending it but no telling where the stops are...

Edited by Park Life