John Carver Football Genius

Anorthernsoul

There is no reason to employ Carver full-time beyond people expecting the absolute worst possible scenario at every turn because things are shit. People say Ashley traditionally promotes from within yet; Keegan wasn't here, Kinnear wasn't here, Shearer wasn't here, Kinnear wasn't here, Pardew wasn't here. So far he's promoted Hughton and Carver, both in temporary positions.

People say he's terrible at appointing managers; Keegan was so obviously an effort to get the fans on-side, as was Shearer, Hughton's promotion was warranted and praised by most, Pardew is a bang average manager but achieved what Ashley wanted. Kinnear and Carver's promotion have been disastrous, but in my eyes Ashley is 3/6. When he's good he's average, when he's bad he's awful.

Jesus, people were saying it was definitely going to be O'Leary. Then it was nailed on McClaren, now it's definitely Carver. I'd not be surprised to be linked to Redknapp, Atkinson and Curbishley.

I'm not sure how you come up with 3/6 as Ashleys record unless you are thinking about it only from his perspective (and even then I only make it 2/6)

He appointed Keegan as you say, to get the fans onside. That resulted in KK walking out and takikng him to court as well the mess that led to relegation.

Kinnear was fucking clueless and clearly unfit for the job. Resulted in him leaving due to ill health and plunging us right into the relegation mess.

Shearer was like Keegan an attempt to get the fans onside. He was brought in too late and quite probably wasn't up to the job. Ended up with us being relegated and them Shearer being treat like shit.

Hughton wasn't really wanted from the start. Ashley just couldn't find anyone else and then in very difficult circumstances Hughton proved himself to be a competent managager and a popular bloke with the fans and players. So he's sacked, probably because he didn't want to get shot of the senior players who were prepared to stand up for themselves.

Pardew was brought in against pretty much everyones wishes and did reasonably well at first. But then his limitations came back to front which led to a barely successful relegation battle, some of the worst performances and results any of us have seen here, a website created deicated to his sacking and four defeats in a row to the tramps before he fucked off for more money and less hassle to the mighty Crystal Palace.

Finally we have the utter cluster fuck that is John Carver. Nothing more needs to be said about his performance.

So at best I make Hughton and Pardew as positives for Ashley and he didn't want one of them and got shot at the first chance. For the rest of us only Hughton was a postive because KK was such a ridiculous appoint doomed from the outset because of who he had to work for.

It's all of this that makes us extremely concerned that Carver will get the job full time despite all footballing logic telling us there's no way he can be or will be appointed.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clement

Garde

Clarke

Galtier

Jemez

All possible

I seriously doubt Galtier is possible or Garde now. Clarke I'll give you and possibly Clement just because he might want somewhere to get a start in management. No idea about the spanish bloke.

I'm not sure how you come up with 3/6 as Ashleys record unless you are thinking about it only from his perspective (and even then I only make it 2/6)

He appointed Keegan as you say, to get the fans onside. That resulted in KK walking out and takikng him to court as well the mess that led to relegation.

Kinnear was fucking clueless and clearly unfit for the job. Resulted in him leaving due to ill health and plunging us right into the relegation mess.

Shearer was like Keegan an attempt to get the fans onside. He was brought in too late and quite probably wasn't up to the job. Ended up with us being relegated and them Shearer being treat like shit.

Hughton wasn't really wanted from the start. Ashley just couldn't find anyone else and then in very difficult circumstances Hughton proved himself to be a competent managager and a popular bloke with the fans and players. So he's sacked, probably because he didn't want to get shot of the senior players who were prepared to stand up for themselves.

Pardew was brought in against pretty much everyones wishes and did reasonably well at first. But then his limitations came back to front which led to a barely successful relegation battle, some of the worst performances and results any of us have seen here, a website created deicated to his sacking and four defeats in a row to the tramps before he fucked off for more money and less hassle to the mighty Crystal Palace.

Finally we have the utter cluster fuck that is John Carver. Nothing more needs to be said about his performance.

So at best I make Hughton and Pardew as positives for Ashley and he didn't want one of them and got shot at the first chance. For the rest of us only Hughton was a postive because KK was such a ridiculous appoint doomed from the outset because of who he had to work for.

It's all of this that makes us extremely concerned that Carver will get the job full time despite all footballing logic telling us there's no way he can be or will be appointed.

:lol: (You have to laugh or you'd cry).

Good post btw.

At least you finally admit your fears are illogical ;)

Keegan, Hughton, Pardew are my 3 fwiw.

Edited by The Fish

Yes it does

The simplest answer in this instance is that we're appointing a Head Coach in the summer and that it won't be the man who's taken us on our longest losing streak ever, who's lost the dressing room & embarrassed himself in the media.

However, the answer that gives you the apocalypse that justifies your negativity is Carver.

Hogwash.

The simplest answer is to replace the thing that threatens Premier League survival the most, in the cheapest way possible, no?

That'd be changing the Head Coach.

How the FUCK do you maintain an interest in keeping these discussions going, Fish? Everyone else is working a fairly relaxed shift pattern, but you're playing an endless one-player game of Negativity Whack-A-Mole.

Put down the foam hammer and have a day off.

How the FUCK do you maintain an interest in keeping these discussions going, Fish? Everyone else is working a fairly relaxed shift pattern, but you're playing an endless one-player game of Negativity Whack-A-Mole.

Put down the foam hammer and have a day off.

It doesn't take a great deal of effort.

Also "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Yeah but what about when Gutierrez made that tweet about the club deserving better on the day that there were rumours of an important meeting at the club that day. And THEN he was dropped from the next match and Carver said he didn't want to talk about him.

Maybe he has been offered it, DAVE.

Yeah but what about when Gutierrez made that tweet about the club deserving better on the day that there were rumours of an important meeting at the club that day. And THEN he was dropped from the next match and Carver said he didn't want to talk about him.

Maybe he has been offered it, DAVE.

If he had been offered it, why in the name of every god ever, would he not have accepted it?

I don't know why anyone would even offer him it, so I'm in no position to answer why he wouldn't have accepted it. I just think it's about time that you admitted that we aren't going to be winning any trophies next year.

I don't know why anyone would even offer him it, so I'm in no position to answer why he wouldn't have accepted it. I just think it's about time that you admitted that we aren't going to be winning any trophies next year.

:lol:

Because he's one of us and belatedly realised it's not in our best interests to block Klopp's arrival?

Jurgen-na have to try harder than that.