John Carver Football Genius

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not had to try at all for the last month man :D

You've just been on the wind up?

Fair Klopp. I suppose I should have had my Garde up. There aren't many Galtier than me of biting.

You've just been on the wind up?

Fair Klopp. I suppose I should have had my Garde up. There aren't many Galtier than me of biting.

Not really, I do genuinely believe there's no foundation for your optimism and still think there's a good chance of relegation (deserved relegation at that) and fair chance Carver will get the job.

But I have enjoyed opposing you :D

fwiw I think we deserve (and would, in a way, benefit from) relegation. I just think the other teams are going to get us out of it through their own ineptitude.

undoubtedly the best thing about any potential relegation would be the amount of stick fish would get on here.

:lol:

Yeah it's about time I got some stick, I've had a free ride on here for too long... <_<

:lol:

Yeah it's about time I got some stick, I've had a free ride on here for too long... <_<

you've had a bit of good natured rib tickling so far tbf, nothing to compare with the shit storm of merciless piss taking coming your way if/when we go down. it'll be the one thing to take the edge off the awful predicament tbh.

The O'Leary crack on here was just a bit of piss taking inspired by Fish, although saying that, it wouldn't surprise me.

The crack I heard last night could be a load of shite, or Carver may indeed think he's been or going to be offered it. Just passing the tale on.

I'd like to think fish is right and that even Ashley can't be stupid enough to give carver a crack at the job. But then he was the only person in football that thought Kinnear was worth a go, let alone two. Plus he took a punt on Hughton when no one fancied him either, so who knows?

I'd like to think fish is right and that even Ashley can't be stupid enough to give carver a crack at the job. But then he was the only person in football that thought Kinnear was worth a go, let alone two. Plus he took a punt on Hughton when no one fancied him either, so who knows?

Aye, the Ashley being a tight chancer definitely makes me more nervous Carver will be appointed. The thing that is giving me faith that he wont is that Carver has actually been given more than a fair shot and has done as badly as anyone could have possibly expected, he gave Carver a shot when no one else would have and he has fucked it up (even if we avoid relegation the fact we've come this close should be enough) putting Ashley's profitable investment at risk. I still think Carver will be strung out along with Charnley as scapegoats for the season and we'll have the next batch of useless, unqualified pricks to make a mess of next season while Ashley continues to be the problem.

Aye, the Ashley being a tight chancer definitely makes me more nervous Carver will be appointed. The thing that is giving me faith that he wont is that Carver has actually been given more than a fair shot and has done as badly as anyone could have possibly expected, he gave Carver a shot when no one else would have and he has fucked it up (even if we avoid relegation the fact we've come this close should be enough) putting Ashley's profitable investment at risk. I still think Carver will be strung out along with Charnley as scapegoats for the season and we'll have the next batch of useless, unqualified pricks to make a mess of next season while Ashley continues to be the problem.

Aye. I mean put it this way. Even if we had picked up 1 more win we'd already be safe to all intents and purposes.

1 win.

Fuck you John.

Carver has been such a fuck up theres no reason to suppose that he'll be offered the job permanently. I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to offer him the gig. At the same time there's nothing to suggest the numpties will appoint a well qualified foreign coach. Past history suggests we'll get a washed up British coach who'll be grateful for a job and won't rock the boat.

The job would have been Carver's for a certainy had he managed a couple more wins. But the fact he hasn't, combined with his bafflingly stupid actions/comments these last two weeks have made it almost certain that he's a goner even if we survive. But whoever we end up with, he will be just as incompetent.

Lucky to have the points we have on board seeing as this spacker admitted they were going to send Perez away.

"We were expecting to send him out on loan for a whole season and yet hes been one of our main strikers and hes embraced that. Hes done a great job."

Edited by ohhh_yeah

Probably afraid they're going to start telling the press about his tactical briefings and motivational speeches.

Said it in the match thread, but this QPR defeat has Carver's stamp all over it - we were winning and just as Hull went down against Spurs, which would have meant we were safe with a game to go. Yet that was precisely the moment when somehow we succumbed to a team who up to then had offered no threat at all, turning 0-1 into 2-1 in short order. Post match, Carver blames that on the fact we were left exposed while trying to go for the second. If ever there was a time to protect a 1-0 lead safe in the knowledge it wouldn't backfire, it was this game.