QPR 16/5/15

Monroe Transfer

It should be the game that the entire fan base turns against Carver, that's for sure. We were winning, and just as Tottenham scored (meaning we would have been safe), that amazingly was the time there was a 'mad ten minutes' in the game which saw us convert 0-1 into 2-1, supposedly because QPR all of a sudden were able to exploit the fact our wingers were high up the pitch supposedly to be getting crosses in. And somehow Carver manages to spin that as the best possible outcome of the day. No you stupid cunt, the best possible outcome was to recognise we would have been safe with a 1-0 win and park the bus against the team who had up until that point managed 1 shot.

Edited by Mako

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be the game that the entire fan base turns against Carver, that's for sure. We were winning, and just as Tottenham scored (meaning we would have been safe), that amazingly was the time there was a 'mad ten minutes' in the game which saw us convert 0-1 into 2-1, supposedly because QPR all of a sudden were able to exploit the fact our wingers were high up the pitch supposedly to be getting crosses in. And somehow Carver manages to spin that as the best possible outcome of the day. No you stupid cunt, the best possible outcome was to recognise we would have been safe with a 1-0 win and park the bus against the team who had up until that point managed 1 shot.

But then wouldn't you have fans angry for parking the bus with a 0-1 lead? If he did park the bus and we did concede then you would have fans saying 'we shouldn't be parking the bus against this shower of shite' and 'a protecting a 0-1 lead is stupid with our defence' and 'we should be attacking'? I agree, our wingers should have definitely not been that far forward, given the fact that the players we did have on the wing today aren't even wingers (Cabella and Sissoko were playing out wide weren't they? And they're both no.10s?) so our crosses were shite despite the fact that we don't have anyone to the attack crosses apart from maybe Riviere but Riviere has now only scored 1 PL goal in 18 hours. Our other striker in Perez can't attack crosses against stocky centre halves and even I'm taller than Perez (and I'm 14). We should have played through the middle exploiting their shite defence who have somehow got a worse goal difference than we have.

Last knockings of the game, Sameobi hits a corner into the first man, then follows the rebound up with a shot into the upper tier, rather than a cross to the 3 still waiting in the box from the corner.

Take out the issue of Ashley, then on football merit alone we definitely deserve to go down. Sad to think that it will be the likes of Sammiobi who will be kept if we do, assuming his contract isn't up this year.

But then wouldn't you have fans angry for parking the bus with a 0-1 lead? If he did park the bus and we did concede then you would have fans saying 'we shouldn't be parking the bus against this shower of shite' and 'a protecting a 0-1 lead is stupid with our defence' and 'we should be attacking'? I agree, our wingers should have definitely not been that far forward, given the fact that the players we did have on the wing today aren't even wingers (Cabella and Sissoko were playing out wide weren't they? And they're both no.10s?) so our crosses were shite despite the fact that we don't have anyone to the attack crosses apart from maybe Riviere but Riviere has now only scored 1 PL goal in 18 hours. Our other striker in Perez can't attack crosses against stocky centre halves and even I'm taller than Perez (and I'm 14). We should have played through the middle exploiting their shite defence who have somehow got a worse goal difference than we have.

If fans can't appreciate that the risk/reward ratio was massively in our favour for this particular instance (once we were 1-0 up and Hull 1-0 down and against this particular team and how they were playing at the time), then they really are morons. Especially so since we were so ill equipped to score a 2nd. I wouldn't advocate it normally, but to never do it as a point of principle is just daft, as this game showed. We could very well go down because of it.

If fans can't appreciate that the risk/reward ratio was massively in our favour for this particular instance (once we were 1-0 up and Hull 1-0 down and against this particular team and how they were playing at the time), then they really are morons. Especially so since we were so ill equipped to score a 2nd. I wouldn't advocate it normally, but to never do it as a point of principle is just daft, as this game showed. We could very well go down because of it.

True.

I fully apologise to everyone for arguing that I thought we'd pick up points today, what a fucking joke. I thought we'd at least manage a draw against this utter shower but it seems the painfully frustrating migraine of a man that is John Carver found a way to lose to them. I'm fully convinced we will be battered next week by Fat fucking Sam, just have to hope Hull lose too otherwise we'll be relegated at the hands of Fat Sam, Allardyce would then record him sending us down on VHS and slither off to Casa St James's for the summer to wank over it.

I fully apologise to everyone for arguing that I thought we'd pick up points today, what a fucking joke. I thought we'd at least manage a draw against this utter shower but it seems the painfully frustrating migraine of a man that is John Carver found a way to lose to them. I'm fully convinced we will be battered next week by Fat fucking Sam, just have to hope Hull lose too otherwise we'll be relegated at the hands of Fat Sam, Allardyce would then record him sending us down on VHS and slither off to Casa St James's for the summer to wank over it.

And Big Sam would be a mackem hero for 'sending the mags down' and his cock will be sucked within an inch of its life over the internet by having a shrine thread dedicated to him on RTG.

Edited by Haydnator

And Big Sam would be a mackem hero for 'sending the mags down' and his cock will be sucked within an inch of its life over the internet by having a shrine thread dedicated to him on RTG.

That's not a mental image I needed.

Said it a few times we should never have been in this position in a million years. One point out of the last thirty is fucking criminal to be honest you'd have to try really hard to acheive that. Iv'e just watched the highlights through on MOTD and to be honest QPR deserved the 3 points they wanted it more. We may have scored first be we had no desire to really kill off the game. We now go in to the last game and it really is shit or bust time, will we survive relegation after today i'm not confident.

1 point in 30, that is fucking grim beyond anything we will ever see again. No words can describe how shite that is at supposedly the highest level of English football.

Aye it's utterly depressing, a bloke from London said to me "if he was anywhere else he'd have been sacked a while back" today and it's spot on, it's incredible that he has remained in charge with the team in this sort of form. Normally people are long sacked by this point, I think if you had picked a fan and put him in charge for this long he'd have managed to do better by simply picking a side, he must have completely broken the players :lol:.

Can anyone actually remember a good performance under Carver? As in a FULL game, not just a good half here and there (like vs Arsenal at home and vs Chelsea away). His 2 wins are 0-3 vs Hull and 1-0 vs Villa. The Hull win was only because Hull were diabolical on the day and the Villa one wasn't exactly a good performance, it was a more get a scrappy 3 points, job done (wished we did that today).

That clearance for the second goal by Krul was shocking schoolboy stuff. I know he's not got much in front of him but fuck me it should have done what he normally does and hoofed it up the pitch.

Aye but...can anyone actually remember a good performance full stop?

This season? Err, none spring to mind...

EDIT: Oh, City in the cup but, that is nullified by the following cup performance.

Edited by Haydnator

Aye but...can anyone actually remember a good performance full stop?

Aye that's been this club since Pardew took over tbh. I struggle to remember a game where we looked good all game, even the year we finished 5th we regularly took a 1-0 lead into the half and spent the entire 2nd half defending the 1-0 lead.

I reckon there was a period in the 5th season where Pardew was forced to play 4-3-3 due to injury or something. When that happened, I think, was the last time I thought we looked any kind of good.

Then whoever's injury it was that was forcing this would return and we'd be back to shite.

I reckon there was a period in the 5th season where Pardew was forced to play 4-3-3 due to injury or something. When that happened, I think, was the last time I thought we looked any kind of good.

Then whoever's injury it was that was forcing this would return and we'd be back to shite.

Yep. Front 3 of Ba, Ben Arfa an an on fire Cisse. Cabaye, Tiote and Gutierez in midfield. Can't remembered who was the injured lad though, like.