Hull City vs Manchester United

Tom

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pundits are making out like Bruce's managerial record against Man U is somehow relevant here (17 losses and 4 draws). It's pretty obvious that the circumnstances here are wildly different to most, if not all, of those games. Utd's recent form being the most glaring difference. In the 5 matches since the Manchester derby, Utd have only scored 2 goals once, and in three out of five they have failed to score at all. On that form, Bruce's team talk is quite easy - 'we just need to score 1 and then park the bus to stay in the league, because NUFC are fucking dogshit right now'.

Pundits are making out like Bruce's managerial record against Man U is somehow relevant here (17 losses and 4 draws). It's pretty obvious that the circumnstances here are wildly different to most, if not all, of those games. Utd's recent form being the most glaring difference. In the 5 matches since the Manchester derby, Utd have only scored 2 goals once, and in three out of five they have failed to score at all. On that form, Bruce's team talk is quite easy - 'we just need to score 1 and then park the bus to stay in the league, because NUFC are fucking dogshit right now'.

Fuck off, Mackem. :good:

Not sure why De Gea came off on Sunday. The club have been very quiet on the reason. But he walked off and took part in the after match pitch celebrations. That could mean that Valdes will be in goal and that could be MU's thank you to Steve Bruce for his past services.

You mean this Valdes?

B62Q1EFCIAA11Jl.jpg

What a thank you!

hang on, we also need arsenal to lose or draw with sunderland to ensure man u still have something to play for against hull. but that means the mackems are closer to safety, also compromising our chances. i have no idea what result i should be hoping for tonight but i'm not sure i can bring myself to root for the mackems :suicide:

Can't see Man Utd losing to Hull even if the former have nothing to play for.

Stop making predictions at least until next season, man, ffs ;)

Stop making predictions at least until next season, man, ffs ;)

I predict we'll lose 5-0, Hull will demolish Man U 4-1, sunderland will be bought by Bill Gates and the Cheeseburger/Sofa lounging diet will be proven to build you a body like Adonis and a hairline like Fabio's

I predict we'll lose 5-0, Hull will demolish Man U 4-1, sunderland will be bought by Bill Gates and the Cheeseburger/Sofa lounging diet will be proven to build you a body like Adonis and a hairline like Fabio's

Doesn't work if you do it like that. I've tried it before.

I predict we'll lose 5-0

I think it'll be more like 3-0, but I agree with the sentiment there. Try to have a little optimism though...

Lets hope Van Gaals kids are better than Hull's seasoned and desperate team.

Edited by Rayvin

West Brom had nowt to play for and turned Chelsea over 3-0 last night didn't they? Honestly think Hull will get the points they need.

Burnley had nowt to play for and beat Hull who were fighting for their lives.

Burnley had nowt to play for and beat Hull who were fighting for their lives.

I thought Burnley needed to win to have any chance of staying up but other results didn't go their way so they went down anyway.

I thought Burnley needed to win to have any chance of staying up but other results didn't go their way so they went down anyway.

I'm thought they were already relegated before kick off

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/09/hull-city-burnley-premier-league-match-report

I was wrong.

Edited by The Fish

fish has just put the final nail in our coffin with that prediction. he's done the lawro hex on us all season with his predictions. cheers you cue ball noggin bastard!

I agree with Fish on this, mind. Man Utd are certainly more likely to win than Hull. It's not a glorious end to our season though, and I still think I'd prefer it if we went down.

Although if Sunderland suddenly got pulled down instead of us or Hull, I'd take that every time. We can always get relegated next year if it comes to it.

Edited by Rayvin