Newcastle United V Arsenal // St James Park // 12.45 KO

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's probably our strongest XI on paper, with DeJong, Aaron's and Perez to come on off the bench.

Arsenals team is full of pace and quick passers though so Colback and Anita have their work cut out. I wonder if these type of games it would make more sense to start Taylor over Colo?

Perhaps I'm just thinking too short term in my memory, but Tiote gave away a penalty last week and allowed Southampton back into the game when we were 2-1 up in our first game (following Anita's injury). Maybe he's just lacking sharpness, but I don't think Anita or Colback are, even if they are limited players... Tiote is a huge risk against Arsenal.

He's done alright in this fixture in the past :lol:

Colback was dogshit against Man Utd. It's either/or with him and Anita for me we're a weak side with both. And Anita is in much better form. I'd move Sissoko in and play perez wide personally and see how that works. Perez not playing is a travesty imo

Would agree on Sissoko in the centre and Perez out wide. Still wouldn't play Tiote.

Just noticed Arsenal have Walcott up front. Walcott always fucking canes us... although Mbemba has probably been told to be all over him. Makes him a better choice than Taylor today, actually.

Edited by Rayvin

Imagine Cock Piss Pardew ever saying this...

"Thauvin is the type of player that is young and exciting, he will go anonymous at times, but he will then come up and produce something to win you the game, thats what we want."

Perhaps I'm just thinking too short term in my memory, but Tiote gave away a penalty last week and allowed Southampton back into the game when we were 2-1 up in our first game (following Anita's injury). Maybe he's just lacking sharpness, but I don't think Anita or Colback are, even if they are limited players... Tiote is a huge risk against Arsenal.

It was hardly Tiote's fault against Southampton like.

That's probably our strongest XI on paper, with DeJong, Aaron's and Perez to come on off the bench.

Arsenals team is full of pace and quick passers though so Colback and Anita have their work cut out. I wonder if these type of games it would make more sense to start Taylor over Colo?

Arsenal's pace and movement would have Taylor all over the shop. Colo might not be what he was but at least he has a brain on him to anticipate danger.

It was hardly Tiote's fault against Southampton like.

You could pinpoint the moment when we lost control though - it was when Anita went off and he came on. Granted the 'team' lost, but Anita going off and him coming on was the catalyst for it.

Tiote didn't get McLaren to change our tactics.

Well look, if you and a few others reckon Tiote can do a job then great. I think he's a liability. More than happy to be corrected by a few good performances whenever we're playing him next, but for now I'm pleased personally that he's not in the team.