Kodi

Christmas Tree

CT, i am far from understanding any of this so far but watching the corner of the screen last night, there were loads of 'automatic updates' going on.

This box is quad core has loads of RAM, runs 5.1 (latest?) and seem fairly powerful (the version of The Martian i watched last night was really high quality).

So first of all, i dont know if the thing updates itself (doesnt seem likely from what i have read in here) but secondly, seems like it can handle loads of programs.

Question (and a stupid one) - on sites like this https://seo-michael.co.uk there are step by step guides to installing addons. Does the addon installer app get round this process? Or do you need the addon installer to follow the processes set out on these sites? (that must sound stupid but i've never owned a PC that wasnt controlled by an admin).

Secondly, if there are automatic updates to addons, does this get round the problem that CT was talking about. I do tend to the 'less faff the better' side of things.

I know this analogy is not perfect but think of Kodi as your computer operating system and the add ons as programs you may put on your PC such as word, outlook, Google etc.

A lot of those updates you see going on are updates that effect Kodi (the operating system) and not your add ons such as Genesis.

Honestly, it takes 10 minutes to put the beast on and 1 minute to wipe if you don't like it. I guarantee you'll love it.

:lol: Think of your head as like a cardboard box and the contents as empty. Then think of the irony of you trying to explain this stuff to people.

Says the man whose last few post ... I think it's...... It might be bla bla bla.

You're behind the curve. Deal with it. I'm Batman, you're Robin.

that kid just recommends everything

Pretty certain when it comes to technology related things you're the last person to listen to for advice :lol:

Untrue. If you don't want to Fanny on and DIY and watch forums to see who currently has the best sport / movie add ons etc then the Beast is superb.

I know this analogy is not perfect but think of Kodi as your computer operating system and the add ons as programs you may put on your PC such as word, outlook, Google etc.

A lot of those updates you see going on are updates that effect Kodi (the operating system) and not your add ons such as Genesis.

Honestly, it takes 10 minutes to put the beast on and 1 minute to wipe if you don't like it. I guarantee you'll love it.

You're the dickhead who ends up with a browser like this:

7a7b83bb-999b-438a-8cdf-1e5f350b2c21.jpg

it's not, it's just a bloated mess of everything and a load of apps doing the same thing rather than the best ones.

I got my setup installed quicker than the beast downloaded and installed ;)

not a debate i'm just right, and you've not got a clue as per normal.

Your talking shite :lol:

you're*

and i'm not, hence why i do what i do, and you spend your time on mumsnet or asking for basic help on here :D

But you're an IT nerd (no offence) so it's obvious which side of the argument you will be on.

Easy solution. Chez spends 10 mins installing The Beast, gives verdict.

He has nothing to lose but 10 mins.

The hallmark of CT asking us for advice, ignoring it, going literally anywhere else and taking their advice as gospel then coming back here and spouting it back off remains true, I see.

I got a loaded android box, it was slow as shit. I wiped it, added Kodi and added a select few apps and it runs like a dream. The only way you couldn't see a difference is if you're spending a minute looking at the buttons on the remote and end up missing the constant updating.

The hallmark of CT asking us for advice, ignoring it, going literally anywhere else and taking their advice as gospel then coming back here and spouting it back off remains true, I see.

I got a loaded android box, it was slow as shit. I wiped it, added Kodi and added a select few apps and it runs like a dream. The only way you couldn't see a difference is if you're spending a minute looking at the buttons on the remote and end up missing the constant updating.

What advice did you give?

That's right SFA ;)

I asked for advice in post 1 and sorted it myself in post 2.

I even offered you all my advice but oh no, you took the lazy route and came unstuck.

Lesson learned I hope :)

What advice did you give?

That's right SFA ;)

I asked for advice in post 1 and sorted it myself in post 2.

I even offered you all my advice but oh no, you took the lazy route and came unstuck.

Lesson learned I hope :)

It's alright, I know that you don't understand that "more apps = more bloat", I've seen your diets.

You've also taken the lazy route by refusing to learn a process that takes 30 seconds :lol: