Televisions

Christmas Tree

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Among the propensities of humans which almost exceed understanding come the parsimony of the rich and the extravagance of the poor."

:lol:

Fair play.

Little cock

:lol:

Mate is toying with the idea of leaving London and commuting in, some of the places he's looking at have cinema rooms with projectors rather than just massive tvs.

Not sure if domestic projectors have caught up with tvs yet though.

The new Samsungs just about swept the board in the what Hi-Fi awards for 2015, so worth checking if you can find a deal on them...

http://www.whathifi.com/awards/2015/televisions

If not it looks like they would suggest the Panasonic TX-40CS520

Recording via USB depends on the TV I think. I set up a 1TB hard drive on my father in laws tv so he can record to that directly via usb connection. His wife filled the crappy BT box they had. He never actually used it, upgraded to a 1tb Tivo instead and has kept my 1tb drive.

Thanks for the reminder, I'll have to berate him and get it back.

I am also looking at a new TV so this is handy, nice one HF.

Almost bought a 4k curved one in the black friday deals, glad I didnt know, seems way OTT

The problem with TV's is usually your fairly happy with what you've got til it pacts in. Then you start shopping around, get into spec comparison and cast aside perfectly good options because some spec you've never really heard of is higher on another one.

Before you know it your jumping up in price just because of a few more MHz

You know what boils my piss?

When I visit someone who's dead proud of their new 55" TV and they bang on about what it cost and how big it is and how it plays 3d films and they're watching standard definition channels. That doesn't boil my piss.

What boils my piss is when I say to someone doing that "but look here, switch over to the HD version of the same channel and you get the full benefit of your 1000s of pounds invested" and they say back "I can't see the difference" and they KEEP WATCHING ALL THEIR SHOWS IN STANDARD DEFINITION like a cubist abstraction!!!!!!

:rant:

What brands have you bought in the past CT? I've never had a TV break down on me.

I think the last lounge (front room [emoji6] ) one was a Samsung (lasted about 8 years) so I've currently got the bedroom Panasonic in its place.

It didn't cope well with a small child's toy chucking tantrum :lol:

You know what boils my piss?

When I visit someone who's dead proud of their new 55" TV and they bang on about what it cost and how big it is and how it plays 3d films and they're watching standard definition channels. That doesn't boil my piss.

What boils my piss is when I say to someone doing that "but look here, switch over to the HD version of the same channel and you get the full benefit of your 1000s of pounds invested" and they say back "I can't see the difference" and they KEEP WATCHING ALL THEIR SHOWS IN STANDARD DEFINITION like a cubist abstraction!!!!!!

:rant:

:lol: Very true

Go to a warehouse not a shop and have a good look around. The image on most tellies is the same now so its all about connectivity and the sound....Save a bit on the telly and get a dedicated DV amp and the 5 speakers. Films take on a new life.

yamaha_rx-v679_4.jpg?itok=5vT9fUfF×

Even older coding on dvd on just a basic dolby stereo will feel you're watching it for the first time ie incidental and mood music come to life as well as the 24track audio ambient tracks that are painfully mixed with a lot of care. At the higher setting with blu ray at 5.1 or whatever...Something like Lawrence of Arabia will be a revelation.

The Sony DAC masters on Blu ray are breathtaking and really add to the atmosphere.

Spend a 1/3 on the sound set up compared to the telly.

http://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/best-home-cinema-amplifiers

Interstellar, Gravity and Sunshine have beautiful sound mixes with loads of detail. Whereas the Blu ray of say Gladiator is a bungle image and sound...

Chuck all that Kodi stuff in the bin man. Crap streams from some bloke in Kazakhstan and shit...Probably sucking out your bank details as you browse Tin Tin. ;)

Edited by Park Life