Michael Carrick

Kid Dynamite

Appreciated but if it came to that they'd aim to start a bidding war with involvement from at least one newly flush PL team, not a team that are going to be competing with them for promotion next year.

I don't like being a pessimist but I can't see this one happening. Reckon Carrick is more likely.

I don't see how Carrick is more likely at all, the only thing people can cling on to with him is the fact he's from Newcastle. He'll get offers from USA, China etc as well as a bunch of PL clubs. I wouldn't be too enamored with the prospect of getting kicked up a height by Championship cloggers trying to make a name for themselves for 42 games if I was him.

I don't think our lot will go for either player tbh.

Edited by Howay

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughes has been linked with bigger clubs for 4 seasons now, he's still at Derby. He's missed 2 promotions in a row and despite our shit show this season we are still easily the biggest draw in that league

Carrick is 34, clubs aren't going to be fighting over him. He could do a job for 12 months with us easily

Rumours we are after Agger too. At 31 he would make a good replacement for Colo

The only reason Agger is being linked (by a spanish paper) is due to Benitez, its lazy as fuck.

He went to Brondby when he had a lot of other offers because he wanted to play for either them or Liverpool and no one else, he won't be coming here.

Agger could have legs, but I can't see Carrick leaving Man Utd for a Championship club. If he's going it'll be somewhere like Everton.

Hughes is a bit lightweight and over-valued by Derby. That along with injury concerns and his tendency to go missing has put off Premier League clubs. I can't see any of that changing.

He's not. Which is why I'm baffled as to why we'd want an over the hill midfielder who isn't essential to us in the Championship and won't be worth a fuck to us in the PL.

He's played a large proportion of man utd's games this season, he'd walk into our team

or Everton's or Southampton's or Swansea's, or Stoke's..

or Everton's or Southampton's or Swansea's, or Stoke's..

But most of those are shit holes compared to Manchester. The lad grew up a fan and played for Wallsend boys club. Aye it's a bit of a stretch but he would be worth an enquiry. Unless Shelvey decides to give 100% for 46games we are light on quality in the middle

But most of those are shit holes compared to Manchester. The lad grew up a fan and played for Wallsend boys club. Aye it's a bit of a stretch but he would be worth an enquiry. Unless Shelvey decides to give 100% for 46games we are light on quality in the middle

Stoke and Swansea are, but Everton is close enough that he wouldn't need to leave Hale (or wherever he's living) and Southampton has 'Arry's favourite nearby ; Sandbanks.

I'd replace Shelvey.

With Clarence Acuna.

Edited by The Fish

It goes without saying he'd be ecstatic to sign for Newcastle. He's a toon fan from Wallsend, it's nearly as geordie as me, 2 year contract and he'd get us back up have a final season in the Premier League with the club he deeply loves. You only get one career and in 10 years saying he played for Newcastle would end a wonderful 20 years as a professional footballer. It goes without saying he'd come here, only people who really don't have a clue would deny it.

Edited by McFaul

It goes without saying he'd be ecstatic to sign for Newcastle. He's a toon fan from Wallsend, it's nearly as geordie as me, 2 year contract and he'd get us back up have a final season in the Premier League with the club he deeply loves. You only get one career and in 10 years saying he played for Newcastle would end a wonderful 20 years as a professional footballer. It goes without saying he'd come here, only people who really don't have a clue would deny it.

Will he carpool with Baines on the way up?