The pre season thread

gpirlo68

PRE-SEASON - MAGPIES CONFIRM DONCASTER FIXTURE

Newcastle United will face a trip to Doncaster Rovers next month for a pre-season friendly.

The Magpies will travel to the Keepmoat Stadium on Wednesday 20th July for a 7:45pm kick-off.

Ticket information will be confirmed in due course.

More here: http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20160608/united-to-face-doncaster-in-friendly_2281670_5630957 #NUFC

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seem to remember we played them on a Tuesday or Wednesday night there in the last promotion campaign. Think it was the only away game I got to that season until QPR on the last day. Might have a look at going to this if there's any new faces by then.

Seem to remember we played them on a Tuesday or Wednesday night there in the last promotion campaign. Think it was the only away game I got to that season until QPR on the last day. Might have a look at going to this if there's any new faces by then.

Carroll scored iirc, I was there. I don't live far from Doncaster now so I'll be going

Carroll scored iirc, I was there. I don't live far from Doncaster now so I'll be going

I think Kadar made one of his few appearances (and looked good) and it was when the Colo chant was really starting to take hold.

PRE-SEASON - NUFC XI TO FACE BRADFORD PARK AVENUE

A Newcastle United XI will visit Bradford Park Avenue for a friendly match next month to mark the 100th anniversary of the death of Donald Bell VC.

Bell was the first professional footballer to enlist in the Great War and remains the only one to be awarded the Victoria Cross, which recognised his exceptional valour during service in the trenches in northern France on 5th July, 1916. Five days later, he was fatally shot in the head while saving the lives of his comrades.

He played for Bradford Park Avenue from 1912 until 1914, when he enlisted with the 9th Battalion of the Yorkshire Regiment (the Green Howards) and went to serve on the front line in the Battle of Somme.

He'd previously played as an amateur with Newcastle and Crystal Palace, and the Magpies have agreed to send a side to the Horsfall Stadium on Sunday, 10th July - the exact date of Bell's death 100 years ago. Kick-off will be at 3pm.

Rafa Benitez's first-team squad will be in Ireland for a training camp that weekend.

Further details of the match will be announced over the next few weeks.

• 1 month later...