President Biden

Happy Face

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Don't know actually. Trump's "hardline" stance might be useful to the yanks going forward as long as he doesn't go too far. The following president can maintain hardline positions and only ride back on them once diplomatic victories are achieved with the countries they concern. No US president is going to walk in and suddenly make things easier for all these countries without getting anything in return.

Unless there's a war.

That's fine for their enemies, but what about their friends or nations that America needs something from. They're not going to be keen to offer America a fair deal after Trump's acted the cunt.

Just now, The Fish said:

That's fine for their enemies, but what about their friends or nations that America needs something from. They're not going to be keen to offer America a fair deal after Trump's acted the cunt.

Does America really have any friends, or just countries whose interests are at least temporarily aligned with their own? I suspect they'd treat us and the EU in exactly the same way as their enemies.

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Does America really have any friends, or just countries whose interests are at least temporarily aligned with their own? I suspect they'd treat us and the EU in exactly the same way as their enemies.

They're certainly in a position where there are nations that the United States need shit from and Trump's idiocy will, at the very least, make future negotiations more wrinkled.

On 22/11/2016 at 1:05 PM, Park Life said:

Do you seriously think he would have gone through all this shit if he wasn't sincere? I agree he is politically naive and likely to be reigned in by the insiders but I never doubted his sincerity.

If the political architecture in the U.S. engages with Trump there is likely to be some kind of balance to his term after the hysteria has settled and 'big politics' takes over.

never doubted trump's sincerity tbh

On 22/11/2016 at 1:32 PM, Park Life said:

We will be better able to get into the specifics after the first 100 days. So far the noises about the trade deals (the one's half of Europe and America have protested about) and better relations with Russia are promising signs that he does intend a reset of sorts.

This will have angered the Globalists and the Military Industrial Complex (the shadow Govt. if you like).

Illegal immigration is something most of America is worried about (bar maybe California).  All afaik he's committed to is deporting those that have committed crimes whilst in America.

My major worry about Trump is that he lacks political finesse which is compounded by a very challenging persona and ego. If he can get out of the way of himself and reach out to both chambers will be the test.

Will the corporate media back off? Depends if he gives their bosses and owners things to worry about. A lot of them have changed their tune just cause the stock market went up... :lol:

Will he do something for the rust belt and the inner city? I think he will.

I'm intrigued to see if he can get the 21 trillion hidden in offshore funds back into the states with some kind of amnesty or investment honeymoon. This is a pretty good idea and I hope he doesn't forget about it.

Is he a nutcase? Yes. But you have to be one to run for President. ;)

let's face it, parky, you were loving trump as president in the early days - i think you even said at some point in this thread that him winning was like having you in the white house

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

let's face it, parky, you were loving trump as president in the early days - i think you even said at some point in this thread that him winning was like having you in the white house

Anyone but Hitlery.

Edited by Park Life

2 minutes ago, Park Life said:

As I said there he is naive.

just admit it, you bought his bullshit - you thought he was going to shake the establishment up, and be the voice for the workers struggling from deindustrialisation. 

instead he assembled the richest cabinet in history and wants to giving the super wealthy a massive tax break, like a real man of the people. 

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

just admit it, you bought his bullshit - you thought he was going to shake the establishment up, and be the voice for the workers struggling from deindustrialisation. 

instead he assembled the richest cabinet in history and wants to giving the super wealthy a massive tax break, like a real man of the people. 

Cancelled TTIP and didn't double down in Syria.

Most of my Trump spiel was aimed at winding you and Renton up. :D

Edited by Park Life

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden