President Biden

Happy Face

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

So what about all your friends from your Conservative supporting days?

Btw it’s not that long ago that you applauding actions being taken against people on benefits by the Tories.

I'm not sure I was ever a Tory supporter. Or applauded the actual actions taken by the Tories. I recognised a need to identify benefit cheats.

But overall I've matured as a person as have my political views. I don't see how that's a bad thing?

Whilst the Morning Star has about 3 readers, they have a point about that footage. It's a load of seemingly unharmed kids getting hosed down. But lets bomb them to make it better. Better still, lets not even consult Parliament in case we don't secure a majority.

19 minutes ago, Alex said:

Whilst the Morning Star has about 3 readers, they have a point about that footage. It's a load of seemingly unharmed kids getting hosed down. But lets bomb them to make it better. Better still, lets not even consult Parliament in case we don't secure a majority.

What would you do?

What would you do?

Keep out of it. We'll only make worse because we always fucking do. We're an irrelevance anyway compared to the major players and we'll only be trying to win brownie points with an utter cunt who won't even reward us for it in the future assuming he's even around long enough.

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

Keep out of it. We'll only make worse because we always fucking do. We're an irrelevance anyway compared to the major players and we'll only be trying to win brownie points with an utter cunt who won't even reward us for it in the future assuming he's even around long enough.

Pretty much agree.

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

It's horrible like but I don't think there's anything we can do bar not being part of making it even worse :(

I think most the electorate will agree in a non-partisan way which makes this perilous for May.

But then Corbyn. . ..... :pullhair:

Edited by Renton

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

It's horrible like but I don't think there's anything we can do bar not being part of making it even worse :(

Aye, on the one hand I wonder what comes next if the world turns a blind eye to chemical weapons, ie does it give a green light for all the horrible cunts to start using. On the other, military action will at worst escalate things and at best have little effect.

With Russia they way it is, the UN is toothless. I do wonder with China improving whether there’s a case for Russia being expelled but I don’t know enough about if that could work.

5 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Aye, on the one hand I wonder what comes next if the world turns a blind eye to chemical weapons, ie does it give a green light for all the horrible cunts to start using. On the other, military action will at worst escalate things and at best have little effect.

With Russia they way it is, the UN is toothless. I do wonder with China improving whether there’s a case for Russia being expelled but I don’t know enough about if that could work.

I suppose that if you were to expel Russia (which I doubt is even possible for all sorts of reasons) then all their allies leave and you're left with the League of Nations.

The US has massive influence over the UN, provide 20% of its funding, and it's home in NYC. They are currently led by an oversized mentally deficient oompa lumpah. There's your problem. 

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

The US has massive influence over the UN, provide 20% of its funding, and it's home in NYC. They are currently led by an oversized mentally deficient oompa lumpah. There's your problem. 

The real problem is any one of 5 countries being able to veto anything.

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

I suppose that if you were to expel Russia (which I doubt is even possible for all sorts of reasons) then all their allies leave and you're left with the League of Nations.

What allies do Russia have that actually matter? I can’t see China following them out the door.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

What allies do Russia have that actually matter? I can’t see China following them out the door.

It's a fair point but it's all moot anyway I think. I have to admit I haven't given the idea of expelling Russia from the UN much thought but then again I didn't raise it as a possibility either ;)

9 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

I want to do neither, so yes.

You support a Tory government that is having a negative impact on the worst off in your country and continues to do so.  You voted for Brexit which was won primarily on immigration.  What part do you disagree with?

You are the closest thing I have to a friend so I have no idea what that other line is about (the one completely avoiding the subject).

3 minutes ago, adios said:

You support a Tory government that is having a negative impact on the worst off in your country and continues to do so.  You voted for Brexit which was won primarily on immigration.  What part do you disagree with?

You are the closest thing I have to a friend so I have no idea what that other line is about (the one completely avoiding the subject).

You assume everyone who votes conservative wants to fuck over the poor and everyone who voted for Brexit wants to kick out foreigners.

Theres little point of a reasonable discussion so I’ll pass.

Are you still yearning for the argument that Ewark denied you the other day :lol:

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

You assume everyone who votes conservative wants to fuck over the poor and everyone who voted for Brexit wants to kick out foreigners.

Maybe not but voting that way has that effect.

15 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Theres little point of a reasonable discussion so I’ll pass.

Are you still yearning for the argument that Ewark denied you the other day :lol:

You've assumed that assumption.  You've voted for it, you can take personal responsibility for the consequences.

You've also assumed I live in some sort of bubble without Conservative friends, which is odd.  Strangely enough, I consider myself a centrist/left-leaning libertarian but I do recognise when one side is behaving abhorrently.  

Well, CT is basically on record as saying poverty in the UK is a myth and definitely at least partly supports Brexit because he believes eastern Europeans are lowering wages (suggesting he wants to remove them from the country). Pity he can't even be honest about his convictions. 

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

First of all we could (and regularly do :lol:  ) argue all night about the mess inherited in 2010 and the measures that have been taken since.

Secondly, people vote for parties for all sorts of reasons which doesn’t  mean they agree with every action that party then takes.

That would be as silly as me saying every Labour voter in 97 had the “effect” of granting power to a man that would take us into an illegal war, kill hundreds of thousands of innocents in the UK’s name leading to the terror atrocities of London, Manchester etc.

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

That’s the saddest thing I’ve ever read on the internet.

I'll take that as a massive compliment.

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye, you're on the side of the people wanting that and, quite possibly, achieving that so the motives are largely irrelevant iyam 

First of all we could (and regularly do :lol:  ) argue all night about the mess inherited in 2010 and the measures that have been taken since.

Secondly, people vote for parties for all sorts of reasons which doesn’t  mean they agree with every action that party then takes.

That would be as silly as me saying every Labour voter in 97 had the “effect” of granting power to a man that would take us into an illegal war, kill hundreds of thousands of innocents in the UK’s name leading to the terror atrocities of London, Manchester etc.

I've forgotten about Blair running on the whole illegal war platform, my apologies.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, adios said:

You've assumed that assumption.  You've voted for it, you can take personal responsibility for the consequences.

You've also assumed I live in some sort of bubble without Conservative friends, which is odd.  Strangely enough, I consider myself a centrist/left-leaning libertarian but I do recognise when one side is behaving abhorrently.  

I didn’t assume anything, your words yesterday and today.

I am sure you were just after an internet argument etc but sometimes when voting you either have to abstain or pick the least shit option. 

I consider myself fairly centrist and at the moment the Conservative party is a lot closer to centre than Labour. 

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden