i LOVE THIS CLUB SO MUCH

Pilchard Chops

It's not Souness fault the Chairman put together a contract for him which would give him £3m if he was sacked. Would you have signed it? I'd have done it in  triplicate.

83757[/snapback]

If you were a doctor and your patients kept dying because you were fucking clueless, would you be happy accepting your salary?

OK, shit analogy maybe. :huh::search:

I seriously think the man could be at risk at the moment from some nutter).

83764[/snapback]

:search:

I'm saying nowt!

83766[/snapback]

I know you've got some strange stalker like fixation with Gwaeme Gemmill, but you must learn to control your emotions. He is married to a lady you know. :huh:

EDIT: (Regarding FS making him an offer)

If that's the case, he's only holding out for what's due to him. You can attack him for his signings, his tictacs :huh: his man-management skills etc. but I think having a pop at him for not resigning is missing the point and missing the blame.

Edited by alex

It's not Souness fault the Chairman put together a contract for him which would give him £3m if he was sacked. Would you have signed it? I'd have done it in  triplicate.

83757[/snapback]

If you were a doctor and your patients kept dying because you were fucking clueless, would you be happy accepting your salary?

OK, shit analogy maybe. :huh::search:

83769[/snapback]

Yes, and I'd also know that it would be a pain in the arse to fire me both logisitically and finacially, so I'd sit tight. Souness was offered a very good contract by the club and he signed it. He might be clueless, but he's still honouring his contract.

OK, but it was a shit contract! Can't Shepherd do anything right!  :huh:

83775[/snapback]

Now we're getting somewhere! Souness was never the right man for the job (I'll agree with you there) but the blame for all of this lies with Freddy, especially as we can't get rid of him due to a contract that FF approved and signed! Jesus weptaholic!

83757[/snapback]

I'll see your triplicate and raise you a quadruplicate.

83758[/snapback]

:huh:

As I've said before, loathe him or hate him :huh: you can't blame Souness for not resigning. I don't know anyone 'honourable' (or stupid) enough to chuck a couple of million down the drain. It's Shepherd's move, he needs to make the decision.

83713[/snapback]

A bigger man would hold up his hands and resign. Resignations happen all the time, even Gullit and politicians manage it occasionally! Souness is a rich man who doesn't need the money. He says he cares about his family - I fail to see how they can benefit from having a father or husband who is easily the most hated man in Newcastle. Souness has a heart condition - how can this mess be good for his health? No, he has no shame or dignity, he is an evil money-grabbing greedy cunt who is shafting all the fans.

83720[/snapback]

The money - whether earned over the remainder of his contract, or paid in a lump sum when he's sacked - could set his kid's kid's kids up. And this is his last chance to earn that sort of money. He would be an idiot to resign and pass up on it IMO.

83727[/snapback]

The one caveat to that being (and I hope we were wise enough to have put it in his contract as most competent boards do) that the remainder does not become payable in the event that we get relegated under his charge. It's common for service contracts to specify that any termination under those circs results in none of the remainder of the fixed term being payable.

......mind you they did that at Citeh and sacked Joe Royle before they were technically (mathmatically) relegated and he took them to court for the remainder. The wording has to be very precise.

.......mind you Citeh are as big a shambles as us.

As I've said before, loathe him or hate him :huh: you can't blame Souness for not resigning. I don't know anyone 'honourable' (or stupid) enough to chuck a couple of million down the drain. It's Shepherd's move, he needs to make the decision.

83713[/snapback]

A bigger man would hold up his hands and resign. Resignations happen all the time, even Gullit and politicians manage it occasionally! Souness is a rich man who doesn't need the money. He says he cares about his family - I fail to see how they can benefit from having a father or husband who is easily the most hated man in Newcastle. Souness has a heart condition - how can this mess be good for his health? No, he has no shame or dignity, he is an evil money-grabbing greedy cunt who is shafting all the fans.

83720[/snapback]

The money - whether earned over the remainder of his contract, or paid in a lump sum when he's sacked - could set his kid's kid's kids up. And this is his last chance to earn that sort of money. He would be an idiot to resign and pass up on it IMO.

83727[/snapback]

The one caveat to that being (and I hope we were wise enough to have put it in his contract as most competent boards do) that the remainder does not become payable in the event that we get relegated under his charge. It's common for service contracts to specify that any termination under those circs results in none of the remainder of the fixed term being payable.

......mind you they did that at Citeh and sacked Joe Royle before they were technically (mathmatically) relegated and he took them to court for the remainder. The wording has to be very precise.

83796[/snapback]

Wasn't it the case that they were actually relegated, but that the season wasn't considered complete until some time in June or something, so he got them on a (decidedly ropey) technicality?

83713[/snapback]

83720[/snapback]

83727[/snapback]

83796[/snapback]

Wasn't it the case that they were actually relegated, but that the season wasn't considered complete until some time in June or something, so he got them on a (decidedly ropey) technicality?

83797[/snapback]

I forget the exact technicalities, but yes it was on a technicality in the wording. Which is why you have to be meticulous precise about the wording and what it entitles you to do.

You'd like to think that there was something like this in Souness contract and that that would be a bargaining chip for FF to persuade him to fuck off with a reduced sum, but as its our lot I reckon I'm probably pissing into the wind. No doubt our lawyers were on the ball enough this time round that Souness' contract mentions something about Lua Lua not being allowed to play against us during his loan spell. :search:

I just imagine any contract that crosses Freddie's desk to have at least one coffee cup ring on it, some crumbs and a grease mark that's soaked through at least 3 pages where he's put his pastie down on it.

I just imagine any contract that crosses Freddie's desk to have at least one coffee cup ring on it, some crumbs and a grease mark that's soaked through at least 3 pages where he's put his pastie down on it.

83802[/snapback]

Coffee ring maybe, but theres no way that man'd put a pastie down. Even briefly. :huh:

83802[/snapback]

Coffee ring maybe, but theres no way that man'd put a pastie down. Even briefly. :huh:

83804[/snapback]

True! I forgot to mention it would have a snot on as well that he wiped on it after having a pick.

83802[/snapback]

83804[/snapback]

True! I forgot to mention it would have a snot on as well that he wiped on it after having a pick.

83806[/snapback]

Now we're getting more into the realms of reality. Clause absolving NUFC of paying out remainder of Souness unconscionably generous contract covered in snot. I can just imagine the court reports. Be about right. Fuck-me-gently!

'......Mr Terence Macdermott produced his service contract written on the back of a Ladbrokes slip. "I've had a few risky punts in my time" quipped the Scouse unfunnyman, "but I never thought anyone'd be daft enough to back a pair of donkeys like me and Greame" '

83713[/snapback]

83720[/snapback]

83727[/snapback]

So Gullit was an idiot rather than someone who decided to do something honourable for once in his sorry reign at Newcastle was he? I never thought I'd praise Gullit but he is a far superior person than Souness it would seem.

Souness has finally shown what motivates him and what type of person he really is. If I was in his position I would resign with some dignity rather than take this club to the wall, and I sincerely mean that. Obviously these values don't count for much any more though.

83735[/snapback]

Given the position he is in, if you were in his shoes Renton, would you pass up the chance to pocket £3m by being "the big man" and resigning??

Of course you wouldn't!

Souness is totally shite - agreed, but you can't have a go at him for not resigning, as someone else said - it's Shepherd's mess!

Shepherd out chants will get rid of souness, the fat man is insecure and likes to think he's adord by the Geordie public - fact

83726[/snapback]

Correct. We all know it wouldn`t shift the fat man, but he would bottle it and sack Souness straight away...

If anybody says it's not about the money it's always about the money.

Nobody in their right mind walks away from 3 mill. and I don't expect GS to either. If he says he'll resign, then a deal was done to his satisfaction.

84083[/snapback]

Did anyone say it wasn't about the money?

Nobody in their right mind walks away from 3 mill. and I don't expect GS to either. If he says he'll resign, then a deal was done to his satisfaction.

84083[/snapback]

84084[/snapback]

Show me the money tbh

Souness tells Shepard who he wants then it is up to Shepard to give him the go-ahead, but whose meant to have the better judgment when going for certain players, a manager or a chairman?

At the end of the day it was Souness taking a gamble on Faye, Babayaro & Craig Moore…! He also thought Boumsong would be the answer to our new Woodgate. Solano had been doing well for Villa so he decided it would be a good move to bring Nobby back, now whether his form is down to the manager being a great tactician…! Or Nobby needing to sort his head out maybe it might be both, but overall the team performances have been consistently dreadful and there’s only one man I could blame for that. Yep, you guessed it, the master mind tactician himself…!

Albert Luque. Great player…in the Spanish league…! Will he adapt? We don’t know. We hope so! But again another gamble, IMO.

84083[/snapback]

Plus even he knows that he is unlikely to get another job as a manager (unless his Rangers buddy bails him out) and we are his pension.

84083[/snapback]

84084[/snapback]

Show me the money tbh

84095[/snapback]

:huh:

I think all that we can do is keep the pressure on Souness.

I don't advocate 'Souness Out' chants during the game. I don't think that would help the players. But once that final whistle has gone - go for it. Make that feeling heard. If people are going to protest outside the main entrance after games - all the better.

This must be done regardless of the result. Win, Lose or Draw.

Now I know that when we get a win, it's easy to be satisfied, but look at the situation we're in. We will win a game or two, but it won't be long before a loss or a bad draw comes around again and everyone is angry again. Besides which, how many times have you thought, even when we've won that it's been a good game? Not many. Our wins are narrow, scrappy, even flukey.

Souness thinks a win = him off the hook, and that's the case - temporarily at least. He has to see that this is not the case and that a win does not make everything alright. If we quieten down when we've got a win, all it does is set back our calls for his head. It has to be unrelenting, BUT should not interfere with supporting the team.

Support the team on the pitch during the game

Call for Souness's head afterwards

Edited by Tom_NUFC