World Cup 2018

Meenzer

On 3/28/2018 at 03:53, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Peru is my choice for surprise package. Not just because Nobby is a coach for them.

IH9WE64.jpg

It’s a great experience for me as a coach, I’m just over the moon.

I have been working with Ricardo Gareca for the last three years and had success with my country.

I honestly wish I was one of the players and playing in the World Cup because I never got to do it during my career.

Sadly, we didn’t qualify and the closest I got was in 1998 for the finals in France.

We were knocked out in qualifying by Chile on goal difference.

It was hard but now Peru can enjoy this and we can look forward as a squad to a good tournament.”

We have a lot of confidence and while the games won’t be easy against Denmark, Australia, and France.

We are looking for a good result against Denmark because after that it’s France.

It is a tough group for us now.

I think the team who we feel are ahead of us in terms of quality is France.

You look at the last Euros and Iceland got through to the knockout stages.

We have also reached the latter stages of the Copa America in recent years so there is a positive feeling.

From that experience, I think if we did make it to the next round and we got through nobody would be thinking we’d be an easy draw.

You look at England and what happened to them last World Cup - they got knocked out by Costa Rica.

It is a great experience for us.

We know what we have to do.

We work very hard and have a style of football with a great philosophy from the manager.

The players know what the manager likes to do.

In a tactical way, we have to be really strong because when you play against European teams it’s different to playing the South American.”

We are really impressed with the fans.

When we played a warm-up game in Switzerland against Saudi Arabia we never expected so many Peruvian fans there.

The stadium was full and there were 18,000 from Peru there.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nobby-solano-speaks-chronicle-perus-14783740

Egypt v Uruguay hasnt started yet but Jonathan Pearce has already misinterpreted something that was shown on his screen, god help him if there is a VAR call.

Phil Neville and Jermaine Jenas are now having a really stupid argument in the half time discussions :lol:

Jenas just said "Don't tell me how to play centre midfield Phil" :lol:

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

loads of empty seats in this game. i'm not working much today either, not with this hangover. 

Do we work in the same place? :lol:

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Nigeria fans have been banned from taking 'lucky' live chickens into the ground for their team's opening Group D game with Croatia on Saturday. 

:lol:

I don't know why the word "lucky" is in quotes.  People are so cynical these days. :no