Mohamed’s member movers and shakers v Pardew’s shit stained legacy.

Dr Gloom

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

I was mostly joking, but would they have been worse with Mitrovic at the club?  He's certainly better than Joselu and would likely have made more impact from the bench than the Spaniard. And we've had 130 minutes from Slimani, in that time he's, what? Set up a goal against Arsenal and received a ban ruling him out for the rest of the season. 

Rafa > Mitro, obviously, but Mitro > Slimani and Joselu for me.

You're comparing probably the worst outcome of the Slimani deal (short of him going on a killing spree) to what could have been with Mitro.

All the Slimani deal really tells me is that Ashley is a completely incompetent cunt, but then that's the only thing looking at tea leaves have ever told me either.

Mitrovic has played as much for us since January as he would have had he not gone to Fulham.  I also believe that he's much better than Joselu but either Rafa doesn't (I don't believe this is the case) or he has other reasons for not playing him.  The only reason to think about Mitro now (as long as Rafa is here), is to wonder how much money we can get for him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adios said:

You're comparing probably the worst outcome of the Slimani deal (short of him going on a killing spree) to what could have been with Mitro.

All the Slimani deal really tells me is that Ashley is a completely incompetent cunt, but then that's the only thing looking at tea leaves have ever told me either.

I'm lightheartedly pointing out that we loaned out a big striker who has question marks over his discipline and scoring record, to replace him with a big striker who has question marks over his discipline and scoring record.

I even highlighted that it's a moot point as Benitez is the trump card. 

Hopefully Mitrovic has an outstanding World Cup and we get piles and piles of money for him, or he suddenly transforms into a player Benitez feels he can work with.

I'll lightheartedly point out that I think Slimani is far more mobile than Mitrovic, which is key to playing that role in the Premiership.

I've said as much before but I think I was serious at the time.

• Haha 1

Based on the club's transfer policy of not buying players nearing the end of their careers, I doubt we will be buying Slim this summer and more likely take a punt on a younger player from Spain / Netherlands?