Jump to content

Blue Bin Dippers v Rafa's Cracker Pulling Plonkers


wykikitoon
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, trooper said:

You know when Murphy went off did Perez bother coming on ? Because if he did he played a great game of hide & seek. He's starting to become annoying now. Not sure how it happened but we managed to hang on & finish the game with 11 men & 1 point.

More passes, twice as many in the final third, more successful dribbles, more interceptions, more clearances, as many successful tackles in 26 minutes than Murphy managed in 64.

 

Not saying he had a good game, but he wasn't invisible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Haydnator said:

Good result. Cracking defensively in the second half after looking nervous first.

Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley and now Everton have all applied a lot of pressure which we've withheld. Should we be more confident in Benitez' Newcastle seeing a game out?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley and now Everton have all applied a lot of pressure which we've withheld. Should we be more confident in Benitez' Newcastle seeing a game out?

Yep. Think it's mainly to do with the formation tbh. Should've stuck with it for West Ham and let them have the ball. They murdered us on the break.

Edited by Haydnator
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Haydnator said:

Yep. Think it's mainly to do with the formation tbh. Should've stuck with it for West Ham and let them have the ball. They murdered us on the break.

Definitely think 5 at the back would have better disrupted the West Ham attack. Congest the midfield and peg their fullbacks back. 

 

That said, their two central defenders look very good, so had we set up in a system which reduced our own creativity we may not have had a sniff at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Definitely think 5 at the back would have better disrupted the West Ham attack. Congest the midfield and peg their fullbacks back. 

 

That said, their two central defenders look very good, so had we set up in a system which reduced our own creativity we may not have had a sniff at all.

We still created chances and if we were playing the more defensive 5 at the back system it would've had their centre halves out coming out from their low block and leaving space in behind. No idea how we're going to approach Wolves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Haydnator said:

We still created chances and if we were playing the more defensive 5 at the back system it would've had their centre halves out coming out from their low block and leaving space in behind. No idea how we're going to approach Wolves.

I'd definitely go with the back 5, I think Murphy deserves to keep his place, but maybe swap Atsu out for Kenedy?

whoscored.com says they play 3-4-2-1 focussing on width

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Noelie said:

 

 

Can't help you there Kiddo, but it's interesting to know that here in Southern California we get to see more Premier League games than you do. When I see "No TV" in the UK, I watch it here. I've seen live, every Newcastle league game so far this season. Some are streams like yesterday but with an 'Apple TV' gizmo I watch it on my telly.

 

NBC have the rights to show every premier league game. I tried signing up with a US IP but you need a US credit card

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Andrew said:

I don't think this is the real Vanessa Ellison guys...

Err.....who is the real Vanessa Ellison? :lol:

 

Just noticed 'Guys'. :unsure:

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.